xisto Community
OpaQue

Free Domain Name Free Domain for Life.

No it does not increase in any way, the domain once gotten is yours for the year <_<

Well, that's a relief.

I'm thinking you could make an alternative package with the following conditions:

1. You only need 200 credits for this package, so the package for non-hosted would be 230.
2. You must post an ad to Xisto - Web Hosting on your main page and all other pages of the website (it will be sized proportionately based on how many pages there are on the website.)
3. You will have to post 3/2 (1.5) times as hard to get the same amount of credits. (But this is no excuse for spamming!)
4. The credits get reset to 3 at the beginning of this offer. If the credits dip below 0, the domain name is lost immediately.

It's a very interesting feature and I'm sure it will push people to post more and interesting posts. I firstly registered for the ultra cool free web hosting feature, but now you're even offering free domain ! It's a great idea and it makes me wanna post more to get there but yeah it's still a long way for me. Anyway, I would like to thank the staff of trap for the great service and I hope this service will still be up when I get the 280 credits. Keep up the good work !

Well, that's a relief.
I'm thinking you could make an alternative package with the following conditions:

1. You only need 200 credits for this package, so the package for non-hosted would be 230.
2. You must post an ad to Xisto - Web Hosting on your main page and all other pages of the website (it will be sized proportionately based on how many pages there are on the website.)
3. You will have to post 3/2 (1.5) times as hard to get the same amount of credits. (But this is no excuse for spamming!)
4. The credits get reset to 3 at the beginning of this offer. If the credits dip below 0, the domain name is lost immediately.

I don't think anyone would ever go for this package. I would much prefer shooting for the 280 and never worry about having to post 1.5 times as hard, or about placing ads on my website. 80 extra credits aren't that hard to get if you are dedicated enough. Besides people who work hard enough for this aren't going to want their domain to disappear if the accidently dip below into negatives.

I don't think anyone would ever go for this package. I would much prefer shooting for the 280 and never worry about having to post 1.5 times as hard, or about placing ads on my website. 80 extra credits aren't that hard to get if you are dedicated enough. Besides people who work hard enough for this aren't going to want their domain to disappear if the accidently dip below into negatives.

What if it was lowered tp 100? I'd think about 20% of people would go for this, not knowing what they're getting into.

Wow, a free domain? I've never seen that before! Of course, getting that many points could take forever...

Well that's not true. I have site with free domain and it works good. I am serving more then 2,000 visitors.

So if I have suceded so can you it is not that hard.
Edited by hitmanblood (see edit history)

Well that's not true. I have site with free domain and it works good. I am serving more then 2,000 visitors.
So if I have suceded so can you it is not that hard.

It is true, I didn't say the was no such thing, I only meant that I personally have never seen a site like that for myself. I'm sure there are others, but certainly not many, I've been through an awful lot of hosts, and none of them offer free domains. :lol:

I have a question. If I receive board warning will I be able to get free domain? I have 20% board warning, so I can’t upgrade my hosting account. Is it same for the free domain name too?

I have a question. If I receive board warning will I be able to get free domain? I have 20% board warning, so I cant upgrade my hosting account. Is it same for the free domain name too?

I believe so.
I also have a question (maybe slightly off-topic) about hosting in general. If you happen to receive a 20% warning level, does your hosting account get suspended until it reaches 0 again? (As well, one could implement a "warning dissipation" system where the warning level also decreases by 0.5% to 1% a day...)

Hey I need some help with domains. I haven't been able to find any info so far as search terms are too common. If there is a link to this can you please sticky it or something.

Domain: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Hosting: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

My problem.. I have registered my domain and I have no idea how to configure it so it works. At this stage I would like my domain name to point to my existing Xisto.com hosting account.

I have a question. If I receive board warning will I be able to get free domain? I have 20% board warning, so I can?t upgrade my hosting account. Is it same for the free domain name too?

Yeah, pretty sure you can't. However, your warn will go down over time so long as you don't break any rules, once it's back to 0%, I'm pretty sure you can get the free domain. :lol: