xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
facool

What Books Are You Reading This Month?

i am reading hte shadow in the deepShadow in the Deep is the third book in L.B. Graham?s five book series titled, The Binding of the Blade. Filled with action and suspense, this novel will keep you up at night, as you read about the fantastic journeys in Kirthanin. The story picks up where the second book, Bringer of Storms, leaves off. The armies of men from Werthanin, flee from the city of Col Merena after being defeated by the armies of Malek. And Cheimontyr, lord of the Vulsutrym, rampages southward across the lands of Kirthanin. However the hearts of the men are dampened at the loss of the great prophet, Valzaan, who was swept away into the sea by Cheimontyr, the Bringer of Storms. Now the full command of the army of men is left to Aljeron Balinor, a strong warrior who led the armies weeks before in the civil war between the men of Werthanin. But now opposing sides must join together to fight against the true evil in the land, the power traitor Titan Malek.As Aljeron and his disheartened army flee from Col Merena in the few ships that are at the seaport, they are faced with a difficult decision. Aljeron recalls Valzaan?s instructions to him before he died. ?My duties have collided. My duty to my men, as sworn before Allfather to watch over and care for them, has led me ashore tonight to these men. My duty to Valzaan, Allfather?s prophet, who made me swear that I would seek Harak Andunin and Sulmandir, will take me north. These recent weeks have taught me that I am not in control of my own destiny, and that powers much larger than I are at war in this world. I can only be faithful to the tasks set before me. The rest is out of my hands.?In this passage you read after Aljeron decides to go to Harak Andunin, the home of the Father of Dragons, Sulmandir, and possibly their only hope to win the war. As he and his men leave the other ships, which contain the rest of the army, who are heading south, seeking aid among the Suthanin, they meet with a strange old man, who Aljeron has met before. The old sailor Synoki, appears at the ruins of Col Merena, burnt and broken by Malek?s armies. Synoki, convinces them to let him and his friend Cinjan come with them on their quest. But still, doubt lingers on in Aljeron?s heart, knowing so little of this strange man. As Aljeron, and some chosen friends, along with Synoki, and Cinjan continue north, Malek?s army continues to move southward, seeking to destroy all of the good in Kirthanin that remains.Meanwhile, the army of Werthanin marches southward, and the Benjiah, the young prophet, must take up the staff of Valzaan, and wield the power of Allfather. He seeks guidance from his uncles, Pedraan and Pedraal, after having strange visions and dreams. He thinks that in his strange dreams, Allfather is trying to tell him something. After discussing it with his cousins, he approaches Caan, the leader of the army, while Aljeron is away.?They walked through the camp, making a straight line to the place where they had dined with Caan and the others the night before. They found him sitting alone with Gilion, talking quietly together. When they had secured Caan?s attention and made clear their desire to speak with him alone, Gilion graciously excused himself with a formal bow. ?Yes?? Caan asked, eyeing the three of them curiously. ?The time has come for us to travel by another road,? Benjiah said, and he could see from the looks on their faces that his firm tone had surprised not only Caan but his uncles. ?What do you mean?? ?I have had a dream from Allfather,? Benjiah began, ?In fact, I have had it three times, and it calls me to a dragon tower. I have work to do there, work that cannot wait. I am going with all speed to the dragon tower east of here, across the Barunaan.? ?The journey there will take you across the open Suthanin plains, and we do not know of the movement of Malek and his hosts. If they have made better time than we expect, you could ride right into his company.? ?That is all the more reason we must make haste.? Caan looked from the determined face of Benjiah to Pedraal and Pedraan. ?The two of you are planning to go as well?? ?We promised Wylla to take care of him, and even though he may not need our care so much as we had once thought, we will go with him wherever his road leads us.? Caan nodded. ?Even if you make good time and get across the plains before Malek?s hosts come down from the north, he will almost certainly come down between you and us. It may be hard, if not impossible, for you to rejoin us there, if that was your plan.? ?It was,? Pedraal conceded, ?and we will deal with what we find after the tower when we get there.??Now skipping ahead a bit:?Caan put his strong hand on Benjiah?s shoulder. ?It sounds like you must. I will not try to stop you or tell you not to go where you believe Allfather is leading you. Valzaan believed in you, and I believe too.??Thus Benjiah and his uncles start their journey to the feared dragon tower, where legend says the evil Grendolai, created by Malek, still dwells. As they make their way across the plains, Benjiah continues to have visions from Allfather, and by the time he reaches the tower, he is assured of his mission, whether he lives to see the end or not. Meanwhile Aljeron continues his journey across the harsh plains of Nolthanin, fighting against the elements, and the strange creatures they find there. But fear is growing in the heart of Aljeron, for he still mistrusts Synoki and his strange companion. And as they journey continues, they finally, confront each other.?Aljeron stood up, leaving Saegan to watch over Evrim. He saw that Cinjan and Synoki had approached, and both looked down at Saegan and Evrim with impassive faces. A sudden , overwhelming rage boiled into Aljeron?s blood. Almost without thinking, he stepped over to Synoki?s horse, reached up with his powerful hand, grabbed Synoki by the front of his cloak, and pulled him off the horse. In a single fluid motion, he had Synoki down in the snow, half buried and bewildered. In the same fluid motion, his free hand brought Daaltaran none to gently against Synoki?s throat. He saw Cinjan drop to his feet, holding a sword in one hand and a long, nasty-looking dagger in the other. He didn?t draw near, however, because one end of Erigan?s staff, still dripping with serpent blood, was planted firmly against his chest. Cinjan had one eye on Aljeron and the other on the fierce gaze of the Great Bear. Aljeron turned his attention back to Synoki. ?Now look, you, this is the second time we?ve fought for our lives since leaving Avram Gol, and while you might have fallen from your horse and been unable to help the last time, neither you nor your friend here lifted a hand to help us this time. You have some explaining to do, old friend. So you?d better start talking and it had better be good, or the life I helped save from the Forbidden Isle is going to end here at the end of my sword. Speak.?? As Graham leads you on a vibrant journey from page one to the end of the book you will continue to unearth the truths from his entrancing style of writing. Perfectly blending action, love, hate, and betrayal into this wonderful tale, Graham has truly written a worthy third addition to his Binding of the Blade series.

Robbins and Edwards. Guide to being Happy. Usually read when under stress situations or coming home after somethings gone wrong/and/or have been under the pressure cooker for most of the day.

i am reading hte shadow in the deepShadow in the Deep is the third book in L.B. Grahams five book series titled, The Binding of the Blade. Filled with action and suspense, this novel will keep you up at night, as you read about the fantastic journeys in Kirthanin. The story picks up where the second book, Bringer of Storms, leaves off. The armies of men from Werthanin, flee from the city of Col Merena after being defeated by the armies of Malek. And Cheimontyr, lord of the Vulsutrym, rampages southward across the lands of Kirthanin. However the hearts of the men are dampened at the loss of the great prophet, Valzaan, who was swept away into the sea by Cheimontyr, the Bringer of Storms. Now the full command of the army of men is left to Aljeron Balinor, a strong warrior who led the armies weeks before in the civil war between the men of Werthanin. But now opposing sides must join together to fight against the true evil in the land, the power traitor Titan Malek.
As Aljeron and his disheartened army flee from Col Merena in the few ships that are at the seaport, they are faced with a difficult decision. Aljeron recalls Valzaans instructions to him before he died.

My duties have collided. My duty to my men, as sworn before Allfather to watch over and care for them, has led me ashore tonight to these men. My duty to Valzaan, Allfathers prophet, who made me swear that I would seek Harak Andunin and Sulmandir, will take me north. These recent weeks have taught me that I am not in control of my own destiny, and that powers much larger than I are at war in this world. I can only be faithful to the tasks set before me. The rest is out of my hands.

In this passage you read after Aljeron decides to go to Harak Andunin, the home of the Father of Dragons, Sulmandir, and possibly their only hope to win the war. As he and his men leave the other ships, which contain the rest of the army, who are heading south, seeking aid among the Suthanin, they meet with a strange old man, who Aljeron has met before. The old sailor Synoki, appears at the ruins of Col Merena, burnt and broken by Maleks armies. Synoki, convinces them to let him and his friend Cinjan come with them on their quest. But still, doubt lingers on in Aljerons heart, knowing so little of this strange man. As Aljeron, and some chosen friends, along with Synoki, and Cinjan continue north, Maleks army continues to move southward, seeking to destroy all of the good in Kirthanin that remains.
Meanwhile, the army of Werthanin marches southward, and the Benjiah, the young prophet, must take up the staff of Valzaan, and wield the power of Allfather. He seeks guidance from his uncles, Pedraan and Pedraal, after having strange visions and dreams. He thinks that in his strange dreams, Allfather is trying to tell him something. After discussing it with his cousins, he approaches Caan, the leader of the army, while Aljeron is away.

They walked through the camp, making a straight line to the place where they had dined with Caan and the others the night before. They found him sitting alone with Gilion, talking quietly together. When they had secured Caans attention and made clear their desire to speak with him alone, Gilion graciously excused himself with a formal bow. Yes? Caan asked, eyeing the three of them curiously. The time has come for us to travel by another road, Benjiah said, and he could see from the looks on their faces that his firm tone had surprised not only Caan but his uncles. What do you mean? I have had a dream from Allfather, Benjiah began, In fact, I have had it three times, and it calls me to a dragon tower. I have work to do there, work that cannot wait. I am going with all speed to the dragon tower east of here, across the Barunaan.
The journey there will take you across the open Suthanin plains, and we do not know of the movement of Malek and his hosts. If they have made better time than we expect, you could ride right into his company. That is all the more reason we must make haste. Caan looked from the determined face of Benjiah to Pedraal and Pedraan. The two of you are planning to go as well? We promised Wylla to take care of him, and even though he may not need our care so much as we had once thought, we will go with him wherever his road leads us. Caan nodded. Even if you make good time and get across the plains before Maleks hosts come down from the north, he will almost certainly come down between you and us. It may be hard, if not impossible, for you to rejoin us there, if that was your plan. It was, Pedraal conceded, and we will deal with what we find after the tower when we get there.
Now skipping ahead a bit:
Caan put his strong hand on Benjiahs shoulder. It sounds like you must. I will not try to stop you or tell you not to go where you believe Allfather is leading you. Valzaan believed in you, and I believe too.

Thus Benjiah and his uncles start their journey to the feared dragon tower, where legend says the evil Grendolai, created by Malek, still dwells. As they make their way across the plains, Benjiah continues to have visions from Allfather, and by the time he reaches the tower, he is assured of his mission, whether he lives to see the end or not.
Meanwhile Aljeron continues his journey across the harsh plains of Nolthanin, fighting against the elements, and the strange creatures they find there. But fear is growing in the heart of Aljeron, for he still mistrusts Synoki and his strange companion. And as they journey continues, they finally, confront each other.

Aljeron stood up, leaving Saegan to watch over Evrim. He saw that Cinjan and Synoki had approached, and both looked down at Saegan and Evrim with impassive faces. A sudden , overwhelming rage boiled into Aljerons blood. Almost without thinking, he stepped over to Synokis horse, reached up with his powerful hand, grabbed Synoki by the front of his cloak, and pulled him off the horse. In a single fluid motion, he had Synoki down in the snow, half buried and bewildered. In the same fluid motion, his free hand brought Daaltaran none to gently against Synokis throat.
He saw Cinjan drop to his feet, holding a sword in one hand and a long, nasty-looking dagger in the other. He didnt draw near, however, because one end of Erigans staff, still dripping with serpent blood, was planted firmly against his chest. Cinjan had one eye on Aljeron and the other on the fierce gaze of the Great Bear.
Aljeron turned his attention back to Synoki. Now look, you, this is the second time weve fought for our lives since leaving Avram Gol, and while you might have fallen from your horse and been unable to help the last time, neither you nor your friend here lifted a hand to help us this time. You have some explaining to do, old friend. So youd better start talking and it had better be good, or the life I helped save from the Forbidden Isle is going to end here at the end of my sword. Speak.

As Graham leads you on a vibrant journey from page one to the end of the book you will continue to unearth the truths from his entrancing style of writing. Perfectly blending action, love, hate, and betrayal into this wonderful tale, Graham has truly written a worthy third addition to his Binding of the Blade series.

The book I am going to be reading this month will be - The Heartbreakers

Strangly enough for me, Im not reading any boos at the moment because we've just come out of holidays and I didn't really get a chance to sit down and relax. Which is a huge difference because Im a huge book worm :)I've got a couple books on loan (which I've gotta remember to return otherwise the librarian will be very angry :P) one of which I have barely started (Ops) but Ill probably start reading it. Its called- Child of Tibet. Its about a woman born in Tibet just after the Chinese invasion and her struggles through out her child hood. Its a lovely book so far, though her story is full of misery and her childhood to me sounds like a horrible experience. But I think more books from those who are in exile from Tibet should be written, more people shold tell their story and their struggle so the world can see what death and destruction the Chinese Authorities have cause to many inoccent people. Thats entierly my view.Hah- I've turned this simple question into a complex answer :P

Hmmm....I want to complet three books this month. Gray Hat Hacking....second edition. A book about grey hat hacking or ethical hacking. Stealing the network..How to own a shadow...very interesting. and The Life Of Swami Vivekanada...part1....

Now a days i reading Article on Ramayama The holly book because here a greate festival come in India DIWALI a a GOD Ram's story to victory with Rawan in Discussion Topic.The Rāmāyaṇa (Devanāgarī: रामायण) is an ancient Sanskrit epic attributed to the Hindu sage (maharishi) Valmiki and an important part of the Hindu canon (smṛti). It was the original story on which other versions were based such as the Khmer Reamker, the Thai Ramakien, the Lao Phra Lak Phra Lam the Malay Hikayat Seri Rama and the Maranao Darengan.and in study time i am reading Rocx Book To PHP and MySqL

Edited by veerumits (see edit history)

I just started a book called 50 50 Secrets I Learned Running 50 Marathons in 50 Days-and How You Too Can Achieve Super Enudurence. Its written by Dean Karnazes who is a New York Times best selling author. I'm not really a marathoner but I do run cross country and track so I just thought I'd read this book because I'm a distance runner. I'll probably start doing marathons when I'm out of college.

i'm reading digital fortress by dan brown. its a really good book which i would recommend to anyone who liked the da vinci code and anyone who like action, technology, hostages and all of that stuff.

To let you in on something really weird. I find my self these days reading Stephen King book. I really like his work especially Twilight and Breaking Dawn. He read has good work. lol. But other books i like to read include Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Leonardo DaVinci and others. lol.

"Ready, Fire, Aim" by Michael Masterson ~ great business book, if you are starting your own business"No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs, The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt, Take No Prisoners Guide To Time Productivity & Sanity" by Dan Kennedy ~ Dan Kennedy is the man, with the plan!

I will soon be reading Twighlight with my friend next month.Then I must finish a book called "Black Duck" which I dont have the book yet, so I cant tell you the author. I heard it was really good though so im willing to read it.

i'm intrigued with TWILIGHT by Stephenie Meyer, as it seems it has a strong following from readers worldwide. as it is hitting the big screen shortly, i suppose it would be a good time to read it before i watch it. :) i'm on my first chapter with this book, but i'm concurrently reading EYE OF THE NEEDLE by Ken Follett as well. i read them alternately (on my mobile as i don't want to be lugging books around), depending on my mood. :) i recently finished THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH and it's "sequel" WORLD WITHOUT END, also by Ken Follett.

I am reading Never let me go by Kazuo Ishiguro, a book about a boarding school. All the pupils are orphans and there are some other things that they have in common, but you are not sure what. The story takes place in England in the 1970's and some 15 years later it continues. The book was mysterious and has a special atmosphere that can not be described.