xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
facool

What Books Are You Reading This Month?

I am reading Niccolo Machiavelli "The Prince".It is a translation from old Italian about ruthless government and how to seize and hold onto political power. The strategies are actually downright evil and quite paranoid e.g. war can never be avoided only postponed to the advantage of your enemy. So that's kind of saying it's better to be in a constant state of war. i think George Bush read this stuff and took it seriously - actually - scrap that I'm not convinced Bush can read a whole book (though The Prince is quite short) but the descriptions are expilcitly of a republican form of government. His puppet masters definitely have been influenced by Machiavelli.Anyway it's interesting stuff.

Just completed "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown. Earlier i've completed "Angels & Deamons" By Same author.

In queue right now:

Three mistakes of my life by Chetan Bhagat

Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less by jeffery archer

The Parasite by Arthur Conan Doyle

The Golden Ball and Other Stories by Agatha Christie

Finish reading the Artemis Fowl series. The stories sound sort of corny but still, I enjoy reading it. I also want to read all the books written by Robin Cook, Robert Ludlum and Michael Crichton ( too bad he died :) )

Artemis Fowl and the time paradox - Eoin Colfer. Great book , great end to a great series :)By Royal Command - Charlie Higson. A great young bond book and another sad end to a brilliant series

Right now i'm reading the readwall series of books,I love the first book Marlfox so much that I am now trying to read the whole series.

Me too! I read Marlfox and absolutely loved it. It's a great series, a shame that most of my friends have never heard of it. It's a great fantasy series. Much recommended!

Started by reading the 7 Harry Potter (J K Rowling).

Then, I started reading all the Harry Dresden books (Jim Butcher). Just starting on Book 11 (Turn Coat).

In the queue:

The Sword of Truth series (Terry Goodkind)

Anita Blake series (Laurell K. Hamilton)

Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire series (Charlaine Harris)

Re-read A Song of Ice and Fire series (George R R Martin)

Left Behind series (Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins)

Regards,

z.

Well this week I'm reading the 48 laws of power by Robert Greene and The eve of the thunderclap by Luis Spota... After those I might consider reading some Shakespeare... Romeo and Juliet...Also Piramo and Tisbe.No one really knows what I will find at the library :)

This month I started reading the novel "As I Lay Dying" by William Faulkner...It's required for a class in school. I hate it.But I'm also planning to start Emotions Revealed, by Paul(?) Ekman. I love psychology/psychiatry.

what books are you reading this month??
I'me reading THE WATCHMAN, by Robert Crais.

What about you guys??

I've just finished reading the Twilight Saga. I've pretty much been reading some short novels, Forget Me Not, Walking Naked. At the start of the month, or there abouts, I was reading a bit of Dan Brown; Digital Fortress. That was very interesting.

Hi

Books

- The Four Hour Workweek. Tim Ferriss.

- How to Turn your Ideas into Millions. Dan S Kennedy.

- A Thousand Splendid Suns. Khaled Hosseini.

- The Way of the Peaceful Warrior. Dan Millman.

Audiobooks

- The Power of Intention. Wayne Dyer.

- El Arte de Vivir el Tiempo. Dokusho Villalba.

- Blink - The Power of Thinking Without Thinking. Malcolm Gladwell.

- The Tipping Point. Malcolm Gladwell.

I am currently on holiday so I am reading all the books I have in my library which includes my encyclopedia sets. But when I do not wish to lug around an encyclopedia in my haversack, i like to read James Herriot and Dilbert. I finished reading my entire James Herriot collection a few days ago and have downloaded a lot of English e-books so once I am done with my library, i will be hitting the E-books with zeal :lol:

I'm reading "From the Mull to the Cape" by Richard Guise. It's about him cycling from Mull of Kintyre to Cape Wrath in the north of Scotland.It's inspiring me to do something similar, now all I've got to do is persuade the other half to join me! Oh and pray for good weather lol!

I seem to have fun my self reading a book called " the Bloody Sun" a darkover novel.So far i am really in joying read it. at first it was a bit slow and long winded but when i got past the first chapter thing really changed and pick up to where one has a hard time setting the thing down.

This month I'm reading the last Vampire Beach book, Harry Potter and Death Hallows (AGAIN) and Chosen!I started reading this series is awesome! Very nice book....