xisto Community
Dell970

Gmail And Why People Love It!

I think Gmail is the best mail service, not only it's free and generous in term of space, but also because of the limited amount of advetising on the screen.?

One reason Gmail is so great is because your account can never expire. I used to have a Yahoo account, but I got really irritated because I had to check it so often or they deleted it. Now I have a Gmail account, and it's awesome!

Correction jay. Gmail accounts do expire. i logged into my gmail account after year and i found out that it is no longer active. even if i tried to create new account with same name it is not letting me do that. and it is quite obvious that they shutted down registration of the ID as well with that name.

but gmail accounts do expire. also if anyone is using orkut and found to do abuse or in legal case or in similar gotcha situation. then they even delete your orkut/gmail{google acount}} from their server. for which they not even give single warning for that. we've seen one case on orkut related to that. so in short google is watching.

Another thing is that Gmail has tons of space and it's free. They also don't force you to send advertisements for them in your Emails, making your Emails look more professional.

You checked the top bar of your mail box? it shows the ads relevant to your email headers, right? and they even kept ads on right hand sidebar when you open mail. so how is ad abscent? they do disable it sometimes but ads by no means are abscent. and they designed interface in such manner that that keeps professional look as well as ads in it are tolerated by users.

One reason Gmail is so great is because your account can never expire. I used to have a Yahoo account, but I got really irritated because I had to check it so often or they deleted it. Now I have a Gmail account, and it's awesome! :P Another thing is that Gmail has tons of space and it's free. They also don't force you to send advertisements for them in your Emails, making your Emails look more professional.

You checked the top bar of your mail box? it shows the ads relevant to your email headers, right? and they even kept ads on right hand sidebar when you open mail. so how is ad abscent? they do disable it sometimes but ads by no means are abscent. and they designed interface in such manner that that keeps professional look as well as ads in it are tolerated by users.

I didn't say ads are nonexistent. I said they don't appear in Emails. Personally I don't mind the small text ads they show to you. The point is, they don't show them in my Emails, so my Emails look much more professional than places like Yahoo that send an ad with your Email.

I didn't say ads are nonexistent. I said they don't appear in Emails. Personally I don't mind the small text ads they show to you. The point is, they don't show them in my Emails, so my Emails look much more professional than places like Yahoo that send an ad with your Email.

Yes. Have to agree with you on that professional look point. Besides if you signed up for their Google Apps package then you'll get gmail for your domain. This mailbox is again ads free(for me atleast) never seen any ads while logged in. Let's see how long they keep it ads-free for google apps free users.

I heard that even Microsoft live also started service like google apps. let's see if anyone here on Xisto tried it or not.

Even though I don't check my email a lot (maybe once every six months or so), I like Gmail. It doesn't really get spam and it shows your conversations in the email so you don't get too confused. ^^; It's so neat seeing the numbers for space going up! It's like impossible to fill. I want to try to use all of the space some day. :3 Also, Hotmail always loaded slow for me so I don't really like it much.Everything Google makes is super because they are super! :P

Yes. Have to agree with you on that professional look point. Besides if you signed up for their Google Apps package then you'll get gmail for your domain. This mailbox is again ads free(for me atleast) never seen any ads while logged in. Let's see how long they keep it ads-free for google apps free users.
I heard that even Microsoft live also started service like google apps. let's see if anyone here on Xisto tried it or not.

Not aware that Microsoft is starting a similar service. Given the size of MS, it is pathetic to see that they are always doing catch up to the likes of Google. It is perfectly fine to copy someone else. But the copier must provide a better service. This, I am sure MS is not doing it.

HOLLA at you!i love gmail!!! tooo!! why?well first of all @gmail.com is shorter to type, and just feels better than @hotmail.com etcthe spam blocker is outa this world.. enstead of my inbox being 978767676 spam messages, i have 20 real msgs, and 7978676 in my spam folder! another thing.. it is paired up with AIM soo you can chat with your AOL contacts right through your gmail window even if your at work, school, or somewhere where its blocked!google is a dominator, you can team up your gmail account, to open up BLOGGER, google ads, website stats things, YOUTUBE along with many other great things**doesnt the name google, just make you feel safe?i also love the fact that the inbox section (where your messages are laid out) is wide, unlike windows live mail (hotmail) i feel so cramped when checking my hotmail, plus its slowGmail tabs conversations, so enstead of having 897867 messages from one person taking up your view of the rest of your inbox, its JUST ONEi looove GMAIL <3

I've been using GMail for a long time, and it's so good that I gave up email software as I didn't need it. The spam filter is amazing. I hardly ever get spam and I never take precautions to protect email address from spam. Unfortunately as of an update a few months ago the main version doesn't load with dialup (times out with an error), but the basic is good enough for me.I never noticed it before but Gisellebebe is right, gmail just feels good to type as opposed to hotmail which feels really awkward.I haven't used it for storage, but I have that option if I want it which is cool.My Gmail account is the first e-mail I really settled down with. Gmail just rocks.

When GMail first came on to the scene, it was the 'in-thing'. Everyone wanted to be invited to GMail (Google didn't allow any sign-ups at that time) and soon it became a craze. Even PC magazines and websites began to hold contests with the prize as a GMail invitation! And the prized few who did get the invitation were in a dilemma because they could invite only 5 friends and were left scratching their heads whom to choose!

I was one of the lucky few who got a gmail invitation just forty days after it was introduced and was able to get my dream id, thanks to an invitation from my brother. The fact that the craze didn't fizzle out is enough testimony for the fact that GMail does rock a lot! :( Even though it was a late entrant it has earned itself a good piece of the market share and does a lovely job of maintaining it. GMail even supports domain owners with Google Apps, which is another wonderful creation.

There are very few reasons why one should not opt for Gmail over the rest of the competition. In fact, anyone who comes up with such a reason is really great! :angel:

i am using gmail for the first time(for about a month now). ever since i recieved my domain from xisto. i love it. i want to eventually trasition all my emails to gmail and delete my yahoo and hotmail accounts(hotmail was always a joke).about 5 months ago. my mom asked what email account she should have. i told her gmail(that's before i was even using an account myself). i'll recomend it to anyone purely on the basis that hotmail SUCKS and yahoo just doesn't have the space or features gmail does. google in general i will always support.even setting up my domain email was free. gmail rocks. so does a lot of the other google services. i even like igoogle but i would rather have a fast loading se so i turn it off

I have seen some new features added recently at Google Mail. Some new labels are created like personals and travel and several others, plus you have now the ability to create your own labels but I don't know how. I'm gonna study it a little. For every label you can customize it to hide or not, the text size and color. Great!!

Edited by webishqiptar (see edit history)

hehe here are my reasons:

spam control (NYAHA NIGERIA)

imap interrogation (<3)

he ability to have a period in your email address

it leaves me logged on

i can talk to my aol friends on it

every one i email is added to my address book (and vice versa , of course automatically)

i know lots of people who use it

my school does not block it (one of the very few)

gmail , email simple :]

the ability to make my emails look pretty [;

Gmail is verry good *cough*

IF YOU USE YAHOO HERE ARE REASONS YOU SHOULDN'T STAY WITH IT:

its flash design can take forever to load

doesnt block spam

not a lot of space

SPAM SPAM SPAM

ADS ARE TOO BIG.

ads get in the way

design is confusing (at least to me)

yahoo is being dominated by google in everything. i especially like how with google when you search all is there is a few lines and the search box. with yahoo its like SAGDAJDGALSHDF junk.

1. It is from Google. Brand really matters.2. No flash or image ads on web interface. I hate Yahoo or MSN for this reason.3. No ad signature on outgoing emails.4. Excellent anti-spam.5. Free POP SMTP and IMAP access.6. Simple interface, I have already learned email technology from college and now I just want to see it in practice.7. External mail collector, I can access my college and office mail here and send from any of my addresses.8. One GMail ID gives access to all Google services.9. Plenty of space, but this is history. Now I need more, really.