xisto Community
delivi

Microsoft Says Gmail Is A Virus

i don't know if all that virus stuff is true or not but i do know that i am not having that problem and i have had gmail for a while. i have never heard of any virus that just let itself in. i figured they are like vampires unless you nvite them in by opening a file or downloading it they are not aloud in. but i could be wrong.

hey dude, this article doesn't inform u that it was not the malicious mail that was reported as virus, but Microsoft's Windows Live OneCare reports GMail as virus due to the script present in the code matched with the signature of "BAT/BWG.A". This is now fixed and no longer Windows Live OneCare reports it as virus and GMail itself had several Cross-site scripting issues and now they've been resolved. :P

Edited by delivi (see edit history)

dude thats bull, gmail is not a virus its an email provider. i bet google doesn't like being called a virus. how would Microsoft like it if google said Microsoft's entire live services were a virus.whos with me??

Microsoft want to pull back GMail, couse they want to raise up their Hotmail... I find that way stupid, they must advertise their mail, instead of breaking the opposition... :)

I think this is merely a coincidence, But we should never look away from the first thought - That this is purposefully done.Microsoft has power - Google has too, in smaller ammounts.Gmail is popular - Hotmail wants to dominate!Still I think it's a coincidence, just give it some time...

I think that Microsoft is a virus and that there function is to try and beat out everyone else that is trying to make something of themselves. I dont understand why Microsoft has to fight over the smaller companies for the win when Bill Gates who is the richest man in the U.S. still needs more money? I guess thats how business is and a business can never have enough money its kinda sad really.

I think that Microsoft is a virus and that there function is to try and beat out everyone else that is trying to make something of themselves. I dont understand why Microsoft has to fight over the smaller companies for the win when Bill Gates who is the richest man in the U.S. still needs more money? I guess thats how business is and a business can never have enough money its kinda sad really.

Agree. Microsoft wants to beat everything and everyone that don?t support it. I use gmail. I?m one of the first users, and? I love gmail, is fast, secure and easy to use. I think microsoft is going to the wrong way. If Microsoft have so many money, why he wants more? Going back to the question, I think that microsoft is a virus.

Ill stick with gmail lol, used it for years and my brand new laptop (2 months old) hasnt been infected by anything. And i use the website not an email client (eg. i go to gmail.com and dont use Windows Mail or Incredimail Or Outlook Express)

Honestly I do not trust them at all. ot that I am against Microsoft but this is very suspecious because sooner or later some other anti virus software anti spam or anti adware software would find something similar to this and figure it out already. In case that this is true that Microsoft is giving such informations since there is not link to actual report. Thing that might happen is that Microsoft will be sued by google. And in case Google is doing this deliberetly then Google would be sued. This is loop without good ending for one company and though google might said that they had they server infected but this is unlikely. And if in any case someone did succed in this then he is probably one of the best hackers in the world.