xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Acquisition Of Imagefilez.com By Xisto began on Aug. 31 and now complete

The acquisition of ImageFilez by Xisto Corporation, the parent company of Xisto, was finalized on the end of August 2006. And as you can see, the easy upload tool bar can be found near the header/shoutbox area.

ImageFilez is similar to ImageShack or Photobucket. You can upload different file types, resize images and use it as free image hosting facility. It's a great tool when you want to save your precious bandwidth usage.

Please feel free to signup and create a new account. If there are any suggestions post your thoughts here.

Thank you everyone and keep supporting Xisto Corporation!

Xisto is always growing. Congrats on the aquisition. I'm glad to see Xisto continues to grow. Soon it'll be like Google and Xisto will own the internet :)

You probably did in the Staff section. This makes it official and public.Another notch in the belt. Go, Opaque.

hey, couple more notch's in the belt and it might be able to fit me!!haha anyways, congrats Xisto and xisto network, and OpaQue :)

im not trying to be mean but why would we need that there? it is pretty cool that this network is growing....i would like to see google defeated muahah....but either way congrats on the expansion

Edited by the_aggie10 (see edit history)

im not trying to be mean but why would we need that there? (sorry about the on-liner)

Well, the tool is there but what it needs is how people will be using it. For example, you can host pictures for ebay items...save pictures in ImageFilez instead of your website to save on space and bandwidth, let other people see your uploaded image(s) and have it rated etc...

The limitation is your imagination.

The limitation is your imagination.

:P That's an interesting way of putting it.

Anyway, been looking around at imagefilez for a while now - frankly it'll take me a while to switch over fully, since I use an extension called imagebot that synchrnoizes with two other imagehosting companies (is it legal to mention competition?), and I'm just too used to right click > upload.

I do have a couple of queries, though. There is a section called "host plans" at image filez, but it seems to show a single plan (or am I missing something?). Also, the details indicate that watermarking is not possible, but I think most users would watermark their own images before uploading it... or is this supposed to imply that ever image hosted at imagefilez under the free plan would carry the watermark of imagefilez?

Finally, I think there should be some way of indicating that an image might contain potentially offesnive/mature content. I already managed to stumble on images that *I* would consider "rated" - I would appreciate a fair warning very very much, since the default categorization doesn't help very much :P

In short, some features I'd like to see:

• A slightly different logo, perhaps something that makes the link up between Xisto and ImageFilez more obvious?
  • A firefox extension or something that would allow users to interact with imagefilez directly?
  • I have some really minor nits about slightly off-set backgrounds at some parts of the site, maybe I'll give a more detailed account later :P
  • The "copy" button that displays a javascript alert... oh, well, I'm just wondering if one could do without it. :)
  • Filtering content, and at least flagging potentially offensive content, is very important as far as I'm concerned...

Anyway, having said all that...... congratulations!! I'm really delighted at this new addition to the Xisto network B) Here's my first upload at ImageFilez:

404.png

Cool stuff!

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

The acquisition of ImageFilez by Xisto Corporation, the parent company of Xisto, was finalized on the end of August 2006. And as you can see, the easy upload tool bar can be found near the header/shoutbox area.

ImageFilez is similar to ImageShack or Photobucket. You can upload different file types, resize images and use it as free image hosting facility. It's a great tool when you want to save your precious bandwidth usage.

Please feel free to signup and create a new account. If there are any suggestions post your thoughts here.

Thank you everyone and keep supporting Xisto Corporation!

Congratulations, Xisto Corporation! And all the staff involved in it! I can see great new possibilities in this acquisition. Not to mention the benefits to your own company - continued expansion and a wider market!

Keep up the good work!

Thankyou Xisto and Xisto people, this is a great tool. Keep it up, your free hosting and now free image hosting solutions are great. You guys rock.!

a noteworthy addition to the xisto network. :)this i've been meaning to ask, admins BH & Opaque: does the embedded imagefilez upload form above utilize java? it is just that i noticed it for days already (since the imagefilez form was introduced to Xisto forums) that java gets loaded in my system whenever i login here. :P i'm using firefox btw, and i see the java icon loaded in my notification area/system tray in my daily visits on Xisto. :P

Just to let you know... our school blocks imagefilez... :)Maybe because it's just too famous and the schools are afraid that students will be taken over by the Xisto Corporation... lol

That is an awesome news that xisto networks has acquired another comapny. I am sure that xisto will grow much more than what it is at this point of time. OpaQue is doing exteremly good job in the field of free as well as paid hosting...Keep up the good work buddy.