xisto Community
darran

Interracial Relationship Will you accept it?

Well the chain has to break somewhere, either a massive anti-interacial relationship protest or the whole world accepts the fact it's happening, and not a bad thing. I'm white, I'm not going to care weather someone who isn't white is in a relationship with someone who is, It just wouldn't be me, not because I think it's wrong, I just don't find them to be attractive to me. It's peoples opinion, and it's here to stay.

Well if you're thinking BF and GF then its all cool but if you think about long term relation like marriage then it becomes a problem as the cultures sometimes don't meet and there are many problems with in-laws. Well it could as well work out if you both love each other truly and don't care about the world but everyone loves their parents right?

I'm white, I'm not going to care weather someone who isn't white is in a relationship with someone who is, It just wouldn't be me, not because I think it's wrong, I just don't find them to be attractive to me. It's peoples opinion, and it's here to stay.

To me, a comment like this makes me think that there's underlying racial tones. I read that as, "I just don't find other races to be as attractive as my own." That's so superficial! Physical beauty is only one aspect of a person, and there are beautiful and ugly people in every race. But maybe you just haven't been very exposed to people of other races, so you don't see the variety of faces and features that I do since I live in Southern California, which is as racially diverse as you can get. And American media doesn't really help, although they are getting better. I mean, there's Halle Berry, Gabrielle Union, and Angela Bassett as examples of absolutely gorgeous black women. Eva Mendez, Rosario Dawson, and Selma Hayak are beautiful women of Hispanic descent. Ziyi Zhang and Li Gong from Memoirs of a Geisha and Parminder Nagra and Nelly Furtado are very different but all are beautiful examples of Asian women. (yes, India is considered Asia) And that's only a few, and only the women! Guys are just as gorgeous. I'm not a fan of Denzel, but Taye Diggs gets me hot. I have never even considered limiting myself to people of my own race. Actually, every time I tried dating someone my own race, I got too freaked out because they always reminded me of my brother or my cousin and it just got weird.

Well if you're thinking BF and GF then its all cool but if you think about long term relation like marriage then it becomes a problem as the cultures sometimes don't meet and there are many problems with in-laws. Well it could as well work out if you both love each other truly and don't care about the world but everyone loves their parents right?

This comment just makes me sad. Our lives are enriched when we discover and embrace the differences that make each culture unique. I'm a Filipina and my husband is white, and we were both born and raised in America. I love my family and I love my in-laws. We live about 5 - 10 min away from both of them and we see them both at least once a week. I've cooked Filipino meals for his family and they've invited my family over for barbeques. My in-laws are always eager and interested to learn about my family's customs and traditions. Yeah, okay, they didn't eat balot or durian, but neither do I. And we included traditional Filipino elements in our wedding ceremony.

Perhaps it would be harder if my parents disliked my husband based on his personality, but I would take offense if they disliked him because of racism. I would have made a stand against it because racism is wrong no matter how you look at it. Luckily, my parents have been open and accepting of my choices and chose to dislike my boyfriends on the basis of their personalities and manners.

To me, a comment like this makes me think that there's underlying racial tones. I read that as, "I just don't find other races to be as attractive as my own." That's so superficial! Physical beauty is only one aspect of a person, and there are beautiful and ugly people in every race. But maybe you just haven't been very exposed to people of other races, so you don't see the variety of faces and features that I do since I live in Southern California, which is as racially diverse as you can get. And American media doesn't really help, although they are getting better. I mean, there's Halle Berry, Gabrielle Union, and Angela Bassett as examples of absolutely gorgeous black women. Eva Mendez, Rosario Dawson, and Selma Hayak are beautiful women of Hispanic descent. Ziyi Zhang and Li Gong from Memoirs of a Geisha and Parminder Nagra and Nelly Furtado are very different but all are beautiful examples of Asian women. (yes, India is considered Asia) And that's only a few, and only the women! Guys are just as gorgeous. I'm not a fan of Denzel, but Taye Diggs gets me hot. I have never even considered limiting myself to people of my own race. Actually, every time I tried dating someone my own race, I got too freaked out because they always reminded me of my brother or my cousin and it just got weird.

I understand what you are saying. Yes, I think they're all amazling hot to, (don't get me wrong there :)), but to me there just hasn't been any that have made me go "wow" in my mind over and of the girls I have loved/love. Not to say that possibly won't in the future but being in my town here in Australia it's fairly uncommon. Who knows!

COMMENT

Interracial Relationship

That's ok you're not the only one in this world with that dilemma.. Just love the person and do not let her/ him go.. Because I did and I'm regretting it...

Glad to know that you are a interratial couple. Rather I should say you are bold to oppose such a critical problem of this society and I congrats you for that. What I think is making relations with people basing of caste, creed, race etc. is not actual relation to humanity. In such a case you are only relating to a race or caste not a human. So the step you have taken in your relationship is very brilliant and hats off to you. Dear keep it up. There are a huge number of people who supports thoughts like yours. God bless you.?

Would you accept a relationship whereby there is a different race shared by the 2 lovers?

Yes. Will accept. And why not? Race/Cast/Religion/Skin are the things for chickens who discriminate humans to prove their superiority with irrational logic.

As long as you love your girlfriend, i don't think there is any problem. Just continue with your love life. It's upto us to wipe out the racial/skin/cast/religion barrier to make world with humanity,instead of being slave to religion/cast/race to live life in barbaric era.

Love is always love, and it does not see what race you are. I personally feel that binding love in some or the other boundaries is just redundant and unnecessary. I am completely in favor of intercast love. What is the feeling if you try to arrange the things in their first place? If you think that love is what you should do after seeing someone's race or any other thing then it is not love. Feelings do not have any arrangement, they just come spontaneously and this is how it has been, let us not destroy the beauty and let the love be free, always, ever!

For the advanced and open cultures it is a no problem, but for developing cultures it is still a taboo to talk of such things. They are still not in a position where they can accept an interracial marriages. We youngsters do not see any harms, we are open for such things, but the matter is that we have to still follow our old traditions. Our society wants us to grow, follow american dreams, but they are not ok with american idology, and that is the pity in our social systems.But for the trends, we are making our own lives..we are our own decision makers. I do not see that day far away when we all will be in a really free society where we will be able to take the decisions ourselves completely.

I don't personally have any problem with the concept. As long as it's a happy relationship and you both love each other it shouldn't really be a problem. I guess there are people in the community who are uncomfortable with the idea but as long as you are comfortable don't worry about it! :)

You know what... in this day and age I do not see that as a problem at all. You should see the couples that come through Las Vegas, and it doesnt matter who the other person is as long as you love them. I have see people of all races as happy as can be and on top of that I have seen young and old together and genuinely happy. I get the stares all the time too because I am only 24 and my girlfriend who I love very much is 38. People look at us weird but I feel that we are one of the best couples in the world because of our love for each other. And in the end that is all that truly matters is whether or not you love each other.

I am Black and yes, i'll accept any day! i aint a racist nor do i consider race to be a barrier, any girl i fall in love with stands an equal chance of being my wife!!Love is all that counts...skin is nothing folks. its whats inside that counts!