xisto Community
darran

Interracial Relationship Will you accept it?

I know several couples that are interracial. I have a hispanic girl friend who's dating a caucasian guy, a black boy dating a hyspanic girl, a black guy dating a white girl, a white girl dating a hyspanic guy, an asian dating a hyspanic, an asian girl dating a caucasian guy, and a caucasian guy dating. . .actually they're married now. . .an American indian girl. Even before knowing all these people, I really don't have any problems with them.Now, I don't really have any interest or attraction for guys that are black, I don't know why. I just never really have. I could just be weird. And there have only been a few times where I've been attracted to Asians or Hyspcanics, but I usually stick to those like me. That's just my personal opinion. I don't really have problems with others in those situations at all, and personally I think it's kinda cool that they don't care what others think about the relationship.

I don't mind marrying a girl who is a different race than me. As long they're sexy and hot, I'll definitely be their boyfriend. Okay, maybe not all the time. Truth to be told, I had a little feelings with this pretty young lady back in school. She was a cute one, and different race than mine. But realising that my country implemented a law whereby I should convert to her religion, I reconsidered our relation. It's stupid, I know, that is not true love. Unfortunately, I was more loyal to my own religion. I lied again, I'm a free thinker actually.

Dont worry about it at all. People are going to be racist and there is nothing anyone can do. They are simply uneducated. I believe its great people date other races. I think you should date whatever race you are attracted to. If you are personally bothered all the time about this you should probably not be with your lover. Simply because it will affect you. If you can get used to it great! If not you should at least stop and just think about if this is going to hurt your relationship. If it is maybe you should wait awhile until either you get over it or until this racist world can get over it hahaWhatever you do though dont be ashamed. It is a small step forward when people dont care what race there lover is and they view the person based on personality.

Races should not be a problem, we are all humans afterall.
my bio teacher told me that there would be no completely white (caucasians ) in america after 100 years.

Agreed! I'll go as far to say that all races as we see them now will be merged in less than 300 years. This does not preclude discrimination of other types though.

whats wrong with interracial relationships? NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! what does race or skin color matter? all that matters is you love each other. in singapore the majority is chinese, maybe they just stare because interracial coupes aren't common? or maybe they're just plain old fashioned~ pay no heed to the stares. if it gets too much for you, maybe take a break..come over malaysia or go up to thailand or something. less stares =) but seriously, just ignore them.

I have learnt to totally ignore them when the stares just come. But if I feel uncomfortable with their stares, I would just reciprocate the favor. But nothing is more beautiful than love itself, nothing can deny that.

Too right. I say good luck o all those out there that are in this kind of relationship. I can't understand why people even decided that having these relationships was not good, and decided that they could decide the feelings of others.

I've never had a problem with interracial relationships. If both people love and respect each other, then great. If you and your girlfriend are happy together, then I hope that you continue enjoying each other's company. You can't have too much love in the world, IMO :PSome people are going to give others flak no matter what. I don't understand why things like interracial marriages and relationships are so controversial in this allegedly "enlightened" age, but that's how it is. The best thing that we all can do is to just live our lives and ignore the closed minded people as best we can. :D

I think you should not think about people, that stare at you - it is their problems not yours.Such disability to accept diffents races, means their low intellectual and cultural level.The same for accepting pares of different age, social status etc. Everybody has his own life.And culture is respect to others lifestyles, unless the touch you directly.I guess low cultural level is the main problem. In my country the situation is quite alike, unfortunately, so i understand author quite well.My advice - don't mind & be happy!best wishes!

Edited by lez77 (see edit history)

I think if more people understood the history behind the word, ?race? they?d be much less inclined to use it, especially in cases like this. The whole concept of race as viewed today is a relatively modern invention, irrevocably tied to human slavery. To briefly elaborate, European colonists found that categorizing humans based on physical appearance helped further their interests in the African slave trade during the 17th century. Not that slavery or concepts of physical difference hadn?t been issues before, but these ideas held greater sway where European imperialists gained power. Prior to colonization, slavery was primarily a result of war ? not physical differences or perceived racial superiority.That said, I believe that to focus on race is to play into the hands of the Power Structure, who find we are much easier to control if we are constantly at each other?s throats focusing on physical differences and using terms like ?interracial.? Whether others approve of your liason is beside the point. By the same token, the member who stated she prefers to date white men should not be judged as anything other than a free person making a free decision. The bottom line is, as a sovereign individual, you have the right to date who you want. The jerks who stare at you are provincial, uneducated idiots. But stupid people can be dangerous. I hope you are armed when out and about with your woman friend. Better yet, move to America, where the memory of human slavery still lingers, and where people will defend their rights and the rights of others to remain free. Further, ?race? has no sound biological basis. Yes, there are obvious differences between us, but there is no gene distinguishing any population from another. The human species is one, and it?s better known as HomoSapiens. By the way, I just tried typing the words H*omo Sapiens in their scientifically correct form, and the "H" word was replaced with "person." Hmm, I wonder what would happen if I typed the word ...... :unsure:

Word Censors are in effect for the benefit of the younger members and to discourage the possibility of slandering other members. There is no need to attack others here. Unfortunately, the word censor has a couple of side effects.

There is no need to attack others here.

Pardon my ignorance, oh Evil Mod, but I'm completely confused by this statement. Please clarify the following: 1. Who is guilty of said attacking?
2. How, specifically, has this person(s) attacked said "other?"
3. Where is "here?" Are you referring to the thread, the board, or a specific group of people?

Unfortunately, the word censor has a couple of side effects.

This statement leaves the Enlightened Misanthrope wanting for more information. Hungry minds wanna know.....

Generalized reply. Not suggesting anyone was attacked here, in this thread, or on the Boards in general, misanthrope. The word you attempted to use, and found a remedy for, can be a threatening word when used in a personal attack, so that is the explanation I was trying to portray when referencing the 'attack'. I am certain you never had any such intention.Sorry for any misunderstanding.

I'm considered to be in an interracial relationship but it doesn't feel like it. He's white and I'm hispanic. We don't have any "culture" issues since we both like "american" and "hispanic" food. We're a bit different in shade but we've never noticed any looks because of it. Its rude that they stare at you and your partner, but sometimes staring without an angry look is a form of curiosity

Edited by CinnamorollTK (see edit history)

I'm assuming by interracial you mean black & white? Most of my family is interracial. I've been in a few interracial relationships. I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean, you love who you love, regardless of race, gender, etc. It's been said that if a baby is born to interracial parents that they will not "know who to love" because they will be confused about race.. I don't really believe that.Where I live, black and white cultures are extremely different and a lot of out-side-of-the-relationships viewers will think it's not right to see interracial relationships. I can see what they mean in some aspects.I would love to carry out family bloodlines, heritage, ancestory. To see a family that is purely puerto rican, purely italian, purely german is usually close to none. Often, I wish I was born into a family like that so I could know more about my family. I'd know what language to learn. I'd know what country to visit. I just think it'd be better personally but, you can't chose what you're born into.Bottom line, a relationship is a relationship regardless of race, gender, etc. Hmm... well, this is difficult. I think that if my future daughter/son really loved someone of another race, then I'd go along with it. Of course, I'd check whether their partner was a good person, regardless of race. But yeah.However, generally, I've been brought up to believe that one race should stick with another race. I mean, my grandmother is frustrated enough when my brother dates a Korean or something. So if he dated a Caucasian, she'd probably be furious. Who knows. I think it just generally fits in my family's mind that an East Asian should date an East Asian.