xisto Community
s2k6

Death Penalty For Rapists.

well for one i don't like the idea of death penaly because they will still die with dignity. first cut their thing off and tatoo/or brand them( one they use with cows, the hot metal thing with letters) with rapist in their foreheads. this one is used by ancient china to brand criminals. i think this is better.

True words :)
im fed up with people who take in their duty to ruin other peoples lives. personally i belive if anyone touches my stuff or me in a threatening way i have every right on the universe to strike em down. The law is nothing. So what the bad guy gets caught all the police do is tell them they should do it tell them not to do it again and let them go! Great justice sherlock.

But i dont think we should kill them, thats too easy. Instead we kill two birds with one stone. Why tyest on INNOCENT (and usually rather cute) animals when we have prisons full of blokes who think it is right to do such things to women and even to men. Prisons full of people who have murdered, tortured, maimed and wrecked other people and their lives. Perform the darn tests on them guys and girls! I dont care about human rights! If you decide to do such a thing you throw your rights away. Like i said zero tollerance, kill em but even better torture them before they die.

And dont bring up the whole "but then youre as bad as them argument." I'm not a threat to the public if im taking away the threat. Surely that argument would mean that all police offers who have made an arrest should be in jail? All parents who have ever hit their children (if the kids are being a pin in the a** not just hitting them for fun) should also be hit. That argument just doesnt work anymore.

i think that rapist should be sentenced to death, that is fair enough since he ruins other life, so he should be ruined. What if female rape male? dont the male feel happy or good, should the female sentence to death too? is that a law saying that? and what if male rape male?

I think if anyone commits rape they loose there right to live. They have ruined that womens life forever and they should suffer the consequences. Especially statutory rape, that is the most hennas and horrible crime I have ever heard of. It ruins that child's life and ruins that child's families life also. Rape is not just one action it causes multiple reactions in the person and it hurts everyone. In my opinion rapists need to be burned alive and sentenced to an eternity in hell's deepest pit of sulfur.

-reply by nightlash

I don't know about the death penalty.With the use of dnathey should be able to prove beyond any doubt that a rapetook place,as far as I can understand. If that's the case they should quarantine all rapists.pedophilesand proven murderers on a remote ocean island where they have to make do themselves.If they want to eat they have togrow they're own crops etc.That would cut the cost of keeping these scum in jail.It might be hell for them,but they created they're ownhell anyway.

I completely agree that rape is the worst crime to anyone that has experienced it. And to everyone else, keep your opinions to yourself. Death is too good for these people. If you can't control your urges enough that it is better to destroy someone else life than to do without then you deserve to be put to death. And the reason that I say that is because to do that to someone, rape, the person must have no regard for human emotions or feelings and therefore is inhuman. Kill them all and the world will be a better place. Nothing will take away the pain from the person who was raped but closure knowing that the person that did it will never take another breath is the next best thing.

You know you people who defend these rapist and say 'oh just because they rape someone they shouldn't be killed' need to shut up. Do you know what it is like to be raped? To have something sacred to you taken away? At 14 yrs old I was raped and then again I was raped at 16 for over 6 months, over and over again. And those two men deserve to be put to death. They took something that did not belong to them! They ruined my child hood and I will never be the same. I can not look at a man the same way again. I have nightmares til this day and I am 19 yrs old. I have a hard time being sexual with my husband because of this. At 14 yrs old I was scared to talk to any man at all. And by the time I was recovering it happened again. So why shouldn't they be killed? I seen the guys who raped me and tried to reason with them and ask them why but all they do is smile and think it was funny. Do you really think people like that deserve to live? I think every rapist should be put to death!

I think that rapists should get the death penalty. I believe that anyone who makes a woman/man/thing do that against his/her/its will should just be killed. It leaves a woman feeling like crap. Post feedback pleasae.

Actually, to tell you guys the truth, I really believe that rapists should be killed too. People don't understand what it is really like to be raped at all. They think that it is just like having sex, but it isn't. There is a lot of blood and pain and people don't think. The people that rape others (usually always males) never think of the consequences. Raping ruins peoples lives. They don't understand. They should be killed for that. A life for a life, as the saying goes (I think?).

I mean, if they aren't killed, then they should at least be jailed for life. But I don't see the point of that. It just wastes the resources of the government, so killing would be best. It may just be a mistake. But it is a mistake that wrecks other peoples lives. They don't understand it, do they?

Because the women that get rapes won't be able to find many potential husbands because of her history. Many men wants someone "fresh", and her history just wrecks it. Also, even if she finds a very good husband that is willing to take care of her for the rest of their lives, she will still feel the shadow of the past when she makes love to her husband, and her husband will usually feel it too. People will comment, they will laugh about it and joke about it. She might get depressed and suicide. That is what some people do when they go raped.

And the current system of justice... what? yes, they go to jail and then comes out two months later, wrecking someones life forever and they are set free to do whatever they want and often have serial rapings. :P I hate people like these. They should get killed.

Approving the death penalty to rapists would also give an unmeasurable amount of power to women. Imagine, a woman seduces you and you have sex with her. Later she threatens you and forces you to do whatever she wants. Otherwise she will take you to the court and argue you raped her. Since there are no witnesses there is no way you can prove she seduced. However she can prove your DNA is on her and a lot of other things. Playing her cards correctly she could get you a death penalty. I am not saying all women would act this way. Also I really hate rapists and they deserve to be punished not only in this life but also in the afterlife. However I think death penalty is not the answer because of the several gaps in the justice system.

No doubt a rape is a horrible thing but does one deserve to die because of this ?? I dont think so! he should suffer but he doesnt deserve to be killed for it..after all , he didn't kill anybody! :P.The right thing to do is A long long time in prison and to get castrated. This way they make sure he'll never do to it again , and he'll suffer maybe even more then the one he rapped.I don't know what can be in the mind of a person like this when he rappes someone , WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT ? Too drunk ? too high ?.Why dont they just go to a hooker and everyone would be happy , why go to a innocent woman and wreck her life forever , especialy if she's a virgine or something.. to have the first sexual experience with someone like this. Even worse ..what if she gets pregnant.. i saw a case on TV about a 13' years old girl who got raped and pregnant... Imagine how her life changed in just a few minutes.

If I had my way, any rapist would be castrated or have their penis chopped off. I know this is harsh but sometimes it scares victims for life. My best friend dated a girl who had been a victim of rape 3 years prior and it took him over 4 years to finally get to sleep with her cause she just couldnt let him and her go into a room alone she'd have panic attacks if they started getting to frisky and she would cross her les and freeze. this was all happening long after the rapist had been feed and was probably having healthy sexual relationship with his new girlfriend. Whats worse is he was only given a three year sentence because he co-operated and throughout the trial showed and expressed remorse.By the time she met my friend he has already been freed on good behavior and let out on cerfew were he had freedom but had to wear a tag. Id say cut off his penis so that the scar is there for the rest of his life to remind him of the pain and suffering he's cause someone else. Repeat offenders should be sent to the death chamber. None of this humane killing and *BLEEP* but nasty stuff like making them breath sulphur and die a gruesome death. AFter all the murders and Killers on death row die such a cool death, theres minimum truama as everything is designed for instant death meaning they make familes suffer yet they get an easy way out.

I genuinely don't think that any kind of crime should warrant the death penalty how matter how heinous (though mandla's idea about castration is appealing). I think that rehabilitation is the only answer, we have to rehabilitate people back into a regular way of society. I hate to say it, but rap is probably not even the worst crime in our society, other crimes such as paedophilia and murder tend to draw much angrier responses from people. Also there seems to be an assumption that all rapists (like paedophiles, 'dangerous gays') are men which simply is not true. This subject is one which create huge emotional anguish, I understand that, but people need to put their emotions to one side -rape victim or not - and understand that we live in a society that adheres to the rule of law. For example, what if an innocent man is sentenced to death? Is not then the judge or jury who sentenced him equally guilty of murder, or at least manslaughter. The death penalty is always the wrong option because it is irreversible, especially when jurys are able to convict on the basis of reasonable evidence. Some of you may take this as a support of rape but it is far from it. People, criminals and victims alike, need to realise that we live in a society that has laws and in which the death penalty has no place. We shouldn't even be looking to prison as the answer because it is doesn't work. First time offenders enter as petty thieves and leave hardened criminals - the kind of criminals who commit the more serious offences we are discussing here. Obviously, for repeat offenders and under certain circumstances, prison is the right answer but locking up millions of people simply isn't the answer and nor is killing them.

I think rapists deserve the death penalty once convicted.If there was a tougher sentence, then that's what they deserve. They, in truth, kill someone by raping them. Imagine someone taking that you were so proud of your entire existence by force and walking away scot free or just going to jail for a few months then coming out and continuing on his raping spree. Thats pathetic and they should be castrated then killed!responding to the argument that if one innocent man is killed instead of the true rapist, that is indeed tricky and warrants that the matter be thought through. I wouldn't want an innocent man to pay such a price for someone else. I say in cases where there is inconclusive evidence, then the rapist should be executed.we have many girls who lie that they were raped and its sickening to be honest. Its because of such people that it becomes difficult to hand a good punishment to the offender whenever a rape case pops up. But rapists do not have to go scot free. That i say no to.I would like the punishment for a rape convict to be at least ten years and when they go out if they repeat the act again, its execution time!

I think this is a little harsh, how about we remove the justice system, no more judges, trials, lawyers (I kinda like that one though), or justice system of any kind. I mean lets be jury, judge executioner, like the old days. Back then everybody had equal rights...unless you were a women, poor, non white, non christian, and didn't believe in guns. If you weren't in any of those categories then you where just fine in society.....uhmm no.

First of all death penalty is for those that deserve it, and even then, how can you condemd some one to death, by killing yourself, (an entire other issue I won't get into).

What it comes down to is circumstance, and asking a very simple question, What is rape? sound stupid (I'm sure now you saying what kinda of stupid question is this you are asking me, of course I know what rape is.) Truth be told...its not that simple. Here are some good example, and tell what is rape and what is not.

Example 1.) Man breaks into a womens house rapes, beats her, and leaves her for dead.

Example 2.) Man and a women are at party together both get drunk, both wake up in the same bed the next day, women says that she was raped to the authorities.

Example 3.) 21 year old man has sex with a 17 year old women, parents find out, and charge the man with rape.

Example 4.)21 year old man in a club, meets a women, next day to find out she is only 16.

Now I know the first one is an easy one, but the other 3 are a little harder to determine, in fact I bet if I would to put a poll, that it would vary quite a bit. Would all 4 man deserve death?, what if we replaced the man in the 4 example with women would that change the circumstance?

Now I'll take it a step farther, what if the man in the first example was forced to perform this against his will...would this change anything? I can think of many reason how someone could be forced to do something they would never dream of doing, but are forced too. Or what if I told you that in example 3 the 21 year old man that was with the 17 year old women, stayed together and got married and had many children, would that change anything?

Basically what I am saying is simple, we cannot give out justice without knowing the facts, this is simple, in fact the very meaning of justice is to punish the offender according to his offense in a manner that fair to there offense. I am by no means defending does that commit this cruel act. I personally would agree that we are too lenient on people that commit this act, and that we should be more aggressive towards those that do this more time, and more time to serve the community, and more supervision. But outright death....

The 4 circumstances are rape by law in todays standards, however all 4 examples can would have very different results of punishment for the offender.

**my 2 cents anyway :angel:**

Edited**

Edited by demo100 (see edit history)

I think that rapists should get the death penalty. I believe that anyone who makes a woman/man/thing do that against his/her/its will should just be killed. It leaves a woman feeling like crap. Post feedback pleasae.

I was raped a year ago and i was finnaly getting over it the guy was put in prison for three years entell a couple weeks ago i got a letter stateing he got out after only serving 8 months for good behavier. He has contacted me and threaghtend me im 22 a single mom of 2 and it just brought me back to the day it happened! Im back to the nightmares and flashbacks if they had the death penalty i wouldnt have to deal with this every day of my samn life! I hatee the U.S

I was raped a year ago and i was finnaly getting over it the guy was put in prison for three years entell a couple weeks ago i got a letter stateing he got out after only serving 8 months for good behavier. He has contacted me and threaghtend me im 22 a single mom of 2 and it just brought me back to the day it happened! Im back to the nightmares and flashbacks if they had the death penalty i wouldnt have to deal with this every day of my samn life! I hatee the U.S

You have my sympathy for you situation. (What little that may be worth.) I agree with you completely about the death penalty for rapists. I have two daughters one 17 and the other 15. If anyone harmed my girls in such a way I would kill them myself, without hesitation. I am a firm believer in the law, this being the case I would have no problem accepting the death penalty for my actions. An even trade I say. Even knowing the outcome I would not change my mind.

I know all too well that innocents are accused of rape and their lives are ruined, but I think it is worth the risk. The majority of rapes are committed by repeat offenders and if we can take these people off the streets then it should be done. Also by the time the rapist gets out of prision they've learned not to leave their victims alive, thus graduating to murder.

When I was younger I read an article about a woman that had been gang raped in a park and in between rapes they held her under water. This continued until she had the good fortune to drown. Some of you people are saying that this kind of scum deserves to live? NO! I'm an athesit, but if there is a hell, it is too good a place for them and their ilk. I can admire your respect for human life, but the people you are trying to protect don't share that respect. We will never agree.