xisto Community
s2k6

Death Penalty For Rapists.

I disagree. In fact, I disagree with the death penalty for anybody except for the mass serial killers. After killing 10 people, it's obvious you haven't learned any lesson and you will cause more harm in the world than good. The death penalty for rapists, on the other hand, would be a bit too harsh. They could be put in jail for a long time, maybe. In fact, they could start a program where rapists are put into and make them regret what they have done.Yes, what they have done is immoral and very bad and should be discouraged to the youth, but many of these rapists have mental problems and should not be blamed for their actions. There could be an alternative to punish these people. They could be "tagged." For example, after the "x" amount of years spent in jail, they will go home with a special "tag" on them so the public can easily discriminate them. Whenever, they take this tag off, an alarm would be triggered to send law enforcements to his house. They should also be required to put a sign up in their lawns in front of their house or a sign in front of the door. These could be alternatives to isolate the rapists from society to keep the public safer.

Edited by BordaForx (see edit history)

i would say if they did it a second time then yes. But a first time they should just get put in jail for a few years and get sued. If it was rape then murder it would be a different story.

I would hesitate to suggest the death penalty for the first, or even second, offense. This is mostly because there are some lowlifes out there who will claim that they've been raped when they in fact were not. Another thing that I would like to see is more of us (particularly women, but men can be rape victims too) taking steps to defend ourselves against this twisted, fouled up crime. I'm not saying that rape victims are to blame. Nope. They don't choose to be raped. I AM, however, saying that we should all do what we can to try and prevent as many rapes as possible. Situational awareness...self defense (of whatever sort one chooses as long as it's legal - no carrying half a dozen hand grenades)...that sort of thing.

Who was it who said 'An eye for an eye would make the whole world blind'? I think it was Gandhi. A significant sentiment, significantly put.

Besides, have you even thought about what the death penalty would mean to a person whose really innocent?

Have you ever heard of the concept of 'blood money'?

In muslim countries where they have the death penalty and cut off people's hands for stealing and cut off their members for raping a girl, blood money is the money paid (by the state) to a man whose hand/penis/whatever is cut off and who is then subsequently PROVED TO BE INNOCENT!!!

You think any amount of money can pay an innocent man back for the loss of his hand, or the loss of his penis?

What about those who are executed in muslim countries? In that case, if the man is proved to be innocent later, the state pays the man's family a sum of money. What sum of money can compensate one for the loss of a friend/brother/lover?

I am NOT completely against the death penalty, actually, but I think that even if there is a death penalty it must never be applied lightly, only to repeat offenders and in the most extreme cases. Because, you see, in a court of law, judgments aren't handed down by a perfect god, but by humans. And humans are so prone to error. If a death penalty is handed down, there must BE NO ERROR.

Also, I think a death penalty is too much punishment for an ordinary rape. For murderers and for repeat, incorrigible, brutal, sadistic serial offenders, yes perhaps it might apply there - the same way one would put down a rabid dog.

Other just as effective preventive measures that can also be taken:

Now, I am a martial artist, and I tell you that it is possible to train a woman within five months so that no group less than three in number can rape her. I study one of the most potent martial arts on the planet, from some of the best teachers, and you can believe me if I say it's possible for a woman to turn herself into a most lethal weapon.

A well trained woman can take out three strong men before they know what's happening. And yes, she'd use concealed weapons to do it. If it was night, she would use stealth as well. I train in Ninjutsu, in the east, and our whole lifestyle is based on efficient combat and efficient survival - on defeating the odds.

I would say that it would be better to institute intense combat classes solely for girls in schools, including training in alertness, decisive action, and the use of deadly concealed weapons - it would be just as deterring for would-be rapists if every second woman was a walking death-trap.

A man who wants to rape a woman wants sex, but he doesn't want to sleep with death. Give him even a 60% chance of that happening and he'll think twice, believe me.

Prevention is BETTER than ANY cure. Let the trauma from the attack be with the ATTACKER, not with his would-be victim. Punishment AFTER the crime, no matter what the punishment, does NOT cancel the fact that the crime HAS happened. The crime, if at all possible, MUST NOT EVEN HAPPEN.

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

^^^^Definitely agree with the poster above. Prevention IS better than a cure. The death penalty is just too harsh for rapists. It's hard enough for states to execute people as it is.....if we were to start executing rapists then it would be even harder. I'm not trying to say Rape is somethign that's not a big deal or anything like that. I just feel that execution.....or even castration as I saw mentioned.....is just going too far. Now I don't know alot about the prison system so I don't know if it's actually rehabilitating or not. I don't even know if prison will stop a person from raping again. But the thing is.....if we start executing rapists people will want other criminals executed for other reasons.I feel it would be far too difficult to enforce and enact a law that would make rapists get the death penalty. That won't happen and I don't think it should.

Hi,Like I said before Kiling a person is like giving that guy freedom in a way so the best thing is to cut his tools off :lol: and let him pay the price by wearing a T-shirt or standard uniform that either reads that he has no tools left or that he raped a person and is to wear it FOREVER........Because as cruel as it sounds it is better to give that guy a taste of his own medicine in the form of loss and grief for a girl might find it humiliating to be raped, we let the guy also know how it feels.But the problem is that as long there are politicians and big mens' sons there will be rapists walking about town. Girls need to have courage and stand up for their own rights.OOHh Better idea, We let the raped victim a chance to beat the crap out of the guy and then we chop him up. Cheers, :lol:

I don't believe the death penalty is neccessary. But thats just my opinion:)I don't believe rape is neccessary either, but who really does???They are equally useless things in my opinion.

I am against death penalty. Some people may disagree with me, but I think death penalty is not a right solution. Even though a person has raped a woman, is that a good enough reason too end his life? People always claim that they need to get a penalty that suits what he/she did. For example: A boy kills two girls. They boy get death penalty. I am just thinking; What?!

I think people should get second chances. If people do something very wrong, I think they need too realize that they did something wrong, and then they will probably feel horrible about it. Personally I think that the feeling of that they have done something wrong, ruined or ended a persons life, and hurt many of that persons family and friends is punishment enough too me. I know I would feel bad, and I feel bad if I only steal a cookie from a jar at my kitchen!

Here I live, Norway, we do not have death penalty. The longest time someone can spend in jail, is 21 years.

I find this... So... Stupid...

It actually makes me sad to see these "KILL THE RAPIST" posts.

Honestly, try just for a moment, to come at this with a legal viewpoint and not a moral issue. (Since really... When a topic is about a criminal punishment for a criminal offense... It deserves a response formed with some legal logic. Or at least a well thought out opinion that doesn't look absolutely obsurd with no supporting arguments.)

First off, let me clarify, I'm all for capital punishment for heinous crimes. Serial killers, serious threats to national security, etc. I feel no remorse for their death.

Rapists, they don't fit into that list of heinous crimes that deserve death.

First off; rape is probably one of the vaguest terms in legal history. Sure, on the surface it's pretty much just "forcing another person into sexual intercourse without consent" (Paraphrased), but there are probably about 2,000 different ways you could rape someone, and 95% of those ways aren't violent, brutal scenarios.

And not to belittle the crime, but rape via drugging a person unconscious (Or even taking advantage of someone who's drunk) is very, very different from snatching a 14 year old girl off the street, and beating her into submission in and abandonned wearhouse, then leaving her there with no clothes or protection when you're done.

The latter is definitely much more traumatic for most people.

A person might feel extremely violated if they were raped in their sleep, but that can't be anything to be raped while conscious and being beaten into submission.

To further my opinion:

I don't believe that even the latter deserves death.

Most rape victims (Forgive me for generalizing, but I know there is a large, large portion of rape victims who fit this statement) will not be tramautized by the incident for the rest of their life.

Sure, a portion of them will be forever scarred and never trust the opposite sex again (Or strangers, whatever the case may be), but they are not the entire rape victim population.

And why should a person lose their life for raping someone who could be over it in a year? Or less?

Death it permanent.

Hell, you have no idea what kind of punishment death really is. You don't know what happens to a person after they lose their life. Taking it away is something that should be reserved only for those people who have no hope of reform.

Rapists have hope of reform.

I know I'm playing Devil's advocate here, and no one should ever put up a defense for rapists

But listenning to people screaming "CASTRATE THEM! TORTURE THEM! KILL THEM!" (Perhaps a bit exaggerated) is probably one of the sadder things I've read in a while.

I don't think I have any points of my opinion left to make that wouldn't be redundant.

So I'll end it at that.

Just please, in these topics in the future, try to give a well thought out response that actually looks at the situation and isn't absolutely drenched in heavy personal bias.

Edited by dcshaw.en (see edit history)

I think that rapists should get the death penalty

Yes I truly agree that the rapists should be given death penalty.I have seen in many countries that rapists are given some years sentence ,and that shouldn't be done because I think to harass a should rape her is a dirty thing and the women in many case I see due to fear don't tell what has gone wrong with her.So the governments of all the countries I think should think of women and her rights and whenever these right are broken like in case of rape,the accused person should be given severe punishment and which should not less than a death penalty.

The obvious problem with this is that a lot of those who get falsely convicted or even end up on Death Row seem to be those accused of rape. In this country you're guilty until proven innocent when accused of a sexual crime. DNA evidence has pardoned tons of people already who've been falsely accused of sexual crimes.How many innocent people is it alright to kill just so you can make sure of killing some guilty ones?Until the courts can guarantee that only the guilty will end up on Death Row, NOBODY should be put to death.There have been cases where a girl would accuse someone of rape to cover up her pregnancy to her parents. Remember the case with the Duke students falsely accused last year? Or a girl gets mad, so she accuses someone. Or she just does it to get recognition or money from a lawsuit. All it takes is her testimony and, like the Duke students, ANYBODY can be found guilty. You, me, the president of the United States will instantly have their reputation sullied forever afterwards, and lose years of their life in prison. Even if sure proof exonerates the person and the accuser admits they were lying, it will STILL mess up your life, and very like the authorities will reimburse you only with a "sorry, we goofed" message, if that. The sad thing is a lot of people here are willing to put innocent people to death just so they can feel good about killing the guilty ones.

Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

I always disagree to the idea of death penalty. Truly, laws exist to govern the rights and protect the lives of constituency. But all laws on earth should always fall under the divine laws of God. "Thou shalt not kill". Rapists. murderers, and other outlaws are only instruments of God for people to realize and understand His divine laws.

Yes, the death penalty should be an option. What is the difference between raping a person and killing them? Either way, their life is still ruined, it's just if they are still alive, they have to live with the experience.I was once watching daytime television where a woman was raped and the rape resulted in a pregnancy. The woman did not abort the child. The rapist petitioned the courts for parenting rights. I find that disgusting and I feel sorry for that child.

I think they should get there nuts cut off too and also send them to an island like battle royal or for any one who seen the latest "stone cold" steve austin movie the "condemned"Which I have to say was hilarious watching vinnie jones vs the rattlesnake!But anyway, then they should have to fight to the death whilst the victims watch on so it makes them feel better,on a serious note though.......Solitary confinement (old style) for 5-10 tears, then knowingly wait until they get there nuts bitten off by rodents. :)