xisto Community
OpaQue

My Best Friend (derek Alain) Had An Accident

The hospitals are very inconsiderate, even if he's in a critical condition, they should at least try. You should try to get some compensation from the hospitals, since they refused to save a life. <_<

Man, When things like these happen, money has no value... Asking for compensation over a dead person... I don't think any money in this world can compensate for his life. If Derek's family appeals to the Govt. for compensation, they will be paid. But they don't want such money. May be that is why they say, Human life is invaluable :-)

I too had been praying for the recovery of your friend hoping that things would get better, and while I had been away for a while, now that I read this I feel so sorry, and I hope he is in a better place in now and that he may rest in peace. I have had those type of friends too, and I can not imagine someone that was so close dying, maybe because I havent experienced something like that. It is really sad to hear this, I hope you and everyone that knew Derek is well.

Might be a bit harsh saying this...but I don't really belive in prayers...But, I hope he gets better, and it's very unfortunate to hear this <_<Keep with him, and keep happy/strong, and I hope (I don't like to say stuff like "he will"...I usually jinx it...) he gets better, and you keep it together.

I'm really sorry for you opaque, altrough I've never lost a very close friend I am sure it's the worst which can happen to someone, I wish you best of luck, and I wish derek a nice life in the place where he is now, altrough he didnt deserve to leave <_<

im very sorry to hear about that, i will prey for him and hopeflly he gets back to a 100% full recovery. God Bless Him

He is no more... :-(

wow, this must really suck. the part about it being your bike and your gum must be pretty heavy on you. i can only imagine what this must be like for you, and its killer. i really hope you can get through this ok, i know that if that happened to someone who meant that much to me, i would be struggling.

wow, this must really suck. the part about it being your bike and your gum must be pretty heavy on you. i can only imagine what this must be like for you, and its killer. i really hope you can get through this ok, i know that if that happened to someone who meant that much to me, i would be struggling.

Not only must it suck, it must really hurt, because it means OpaQue must feel as though he was partially responsible for his death. But that isn't true. Indeed, he may have been responsible for events that led up to his death, but he is not the immediate cause, and should never be blamed or made to feel responsible.

I'm so sorry to hear that OpaQue... Hope you recover from this eventually, I know he won't be forgotten.

Does anyone ever recover from the loss of a loved one? They may stop feeling the pain of losing the person, but to be honest, I think everyone knows in their heart that the pain is still there. I mean, I lost my dog recently, and though I don't feel sad about it anymore, I still feel hurt from it, and I miss her dearly.

But yes, Derek will not be forgotten. Not while people are still aware of him. Though many of you may not feel like it, Derek was not only part of the community, but part of us too. And I cannot forget how he died so innocently.

This is probably the worst thing that can happen one's friend... I know words could not console you.. But that is the way things go ... World is a bit unfair in a lot of ways .., Was he driving the bike a little too fast ?? Well, we do see lots of accidents taking place everyday and we still dont seem to learn form them . I wish two say two things to all of you people , 1) If Derek had worn a helmet, he could have probably had his life still with him. We see cmpaigns to wear helmets and yet we just dont seem to use one .. I dont know whether to term it arrogance or innocence.. But , the ultimate result of not wearing helmet ,might be death . Which not only costs your life, but also creates a void in your dear and near ones life... You might mean a lot to others..2 ) The Car driver who had hit Derek.. I dont know why people do rash driving.. Would a delay of 1 or 2 minutes really make much of a differene,. Think you are trapped in a signal and slow down your speed ,whenever you get your adreanalin hitting you for that extra speed.. Like what happened to Derek, you might not only risk your life due to your rash driving, but also risk others life due to your ignorance., I really feel sorry for Derek's family and pray for his soul to Rest in Peace. People who diid read this, please understand how important an issues this is.,.. :D:D:D:D:D .

I'll wrap this in quotes, I don't want my hosting credit increased over thish distressing matter, those would be very cheap points...
I'm so sorry your friend passed away OpaQue... I was hoping he will recover from the accident, and though an atheis, I kind of prayed to who ever was there, to help Derek get well... I only wish it had an effect... I know you are hurt, I know how it is to lose someone close to you... But you will recover, we all do... And, while you still remember him, the way he was before the accident, he will still be alive, with you, with all of us...

Be strong...

The way you described Derek is just the same way I feel for a friend of mine too. I can't imagine something like that (or anything) happen to him, so I will feel for your friend as if it were mine.And remember, you're not suffering alone.Rest in peace Derek, we'll come to you some day.