xisto Community
OpaQue

My Best Friend (derek Alain) Had An Accident

Hi Members,
Today at around 5:50 PM, unfortunately my best friend "Derek" had a serious accident. It was raining heavily and he urgently had to drop his friend home. I took my bike to fetch his friend and On his way, a car taking an un-turn hit him at 90 degree throwing him right on his head. His front skull took the hit soo badly that it literally cracked and his brain was visible.. :) He was rushed to a nearby hospital. Very few people dared to help him due to the blood and also for the fear of cops (getting involved in a Police case). A very good kind person, Mr. Kamal helped the poor guy. (God Bless him for that, because he was the only guy who actually came forward and bought both of them to hospital). His friend (Manvela) was badly injured too. She sustained minor injuries on the forehead and her hand. :P

To make things worse, I had offered Derek a gum when he was at my home. This same thing got stuck in his throat after the hit. As a result, he could not breathe and his body got deprived of oxygen. Usually the brain can survive without oxygen for a max. of 5-6 min. After that, the cells start getting destroyed which is a permanent damage. The throat was cleared and he is now on cardiopulmonary Recusitation (CPR). His condition is EXTREMELY CRITICAL. His heart beat was down to 30. After around 3-4 hours, its now back to normal. However, he is still on CPR. I couldn't see him struggling for life and believe me, it bought shivers in my body. Just the mere sight of my wrecked bike is horrifying and nothing further could be imagined of the one on it at the time of accident.

I have known Derek since nearly 4 years now, and till date he is the most honest friend I had. He is clean and pure... a truly helpful guy from nature. He means a lot to me and never in my darkest imagination, I can ever think about this world without his presence. He has amazing talents in computers and a very kind hearted person who truly deserves to live. I request everyone reading this to please pray from your heart for his full recovery. For some reason, I believe from deep within that prayers and good wishes have the power to make the impossible... possible.

Thank you... :P

Shridhar.

Hay man sorry about your freind can you post again telling us if hes ok, and you must feel *BLEEP* for giving him your gum luckys hes ok.. now tell him we all said hi

Oh my... I'm very sorry to say that I hear this news lately. I didn't see when I visited yesterday due to time constraint. I hope every Xisto members are all praying for them. Bike accident is quite frequent here, one of my friends too fructured his left leg and had to be in the hospital for about 3 weeks. The main problem in this kind of accident is excessive lost of blood. I hope and pray that your friends will recover soon.

Edited by Dragonfly (see edit history)

Sorry for updating this thread soo late, but Derek gave up his struggle.This is what I had updated about him, after he passed away to my friends list.-----------I AM JUST UPDATING WHAT ALL HAPPENED :-(2 Days before he passed, I got a call in the morning .. and I had to rush to the hospital. his brain has stopped responding. Heart is beating though... Almost every body actions are now operated by machines.. We are contacting as many neuro-surgeons possible. I guess, nothing much can be done now.. and Doctors too have relaxed their hopes.day before he passed, He had to be shifted to TERNA MEDICAL HOSPITAL. But, after taking him there, the bastard doctors pulled their hands up and refused to admit him due to his CRITICAL condition. Then we had to rush him to VASHI Municipal Hospital where the same happened again. We had to call some Corporates to force the hospital authority to admit him. His conditions have sunk badly due to the transfer from one hospital to another.Day he passed (11th), His kidneys failed due to very low Bloodpressure around 40. They cannot use drugs to get them working back because it will lower the BP even further. He was struggling hard. Yesterday, at around 1 AM, doctors said, he wont make it and has 4-5 hours with him. He was sinking.. However, his pulse is catching up and he is giving a tough fight. I along with 3 other friends were driving to Shirdi to pray for him and on our way, we got the news that he passed away. God, this hurts sooo much. I swear to God, If you ever had a person like Derek in your life, he would be the last person on earth you might ever want to leave.He was sooo mature, yet he was a hyperactive Kid. He was that CraZy worm which everyone has but in the form of a human.. His presence fills up a place. Not a single friend of mine ever saw him sad. He had that million dollar smile on his face all the time. And he himself knew it had a magic. He was filled with innocence from top to bottom. If he ever knew you and came to know that you are in trouble, he would spring to help YOU and tried his best to get you out. While you would be wondering, why this cute mischievous guy is soo sweet and wants to help you. He was a genius and the best. I hope his soul rests in peace? Good Bye my dear friend.

as i said on your orkut i am sorry for your loss opaque although i did not know derek, i am sure he was an amazing person who was bright and did not deserve the fait he recieved. my deepest sympathy's go out to you and derek's family and friends...i am really sorry for your loss, and just remember he is in a better place now watching over you and his friends/family (sorry if you dont belieev in that stuff)and hopefully buff told you that i asked him to tell you that i am sorry for your loss XD confusing huh?just remember Opaque that he would have wanted you to be strong in the time of sorrow, but it is always Ok to have a good cry....

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

I don't know what to say except so sorry, OpaQue. Sometimes words just don't handle the situation. But since I am not there to give you a much needed hug, words will have to suffice. Prayers for everybody associated with your friend Derek. Yes, he is in a better place than this world as it is today.

Sorry I didn't read that he died. Sorry.

Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

I am with you OpaQue and so are all my prayers. This has to be a though situation..i can imagine. I have only one thing to say...If he was such a good person as you have described him, his reincarnation will be good, maybe he even manages not to be born again at all and not having to go trough all the suffering that one must experience in each and every human life! Maybe right now he is completely unattached and free, therefore happy...GOD BLESS HIS SOUL

I'm sorry for you OpaQue and all his friends and family. He must have been a great guy. I'm sure it must be hard to have to go through all this. I do wonder though if he would have made it had he gotten to another hospital faster. Rest in peace derek.

The hospitals are very inconsiderate, even if he's in a critical condition, they should at least try. You should try to get some compensation from the hospitals, since they refused to save a life. <_<