xisto Community
OpaQue

My Best Friend (derek Alain) Had An Accident

I am feeling extreme remorse as I am reading the posts of all our fellow members about the tragic incident. I can understand how bad it feels when you lose your friend, my cousin who had just turned 21 died 3 months back. God bless Derek's Soul and may he rest in peace.

please read topic before posting... he s gone.

Why? Why? Why? How come it's the good that die young? It's not fair and those bastard doctors should be sued for malpractice. Now I know what your thinking, "Oh not another of those people who thinks that because a person died in a doctors care the doctor should be sued." The doctors refused to help. I'm very sorry to here this and I hope it NEVER happens ever again. My heart is with you and his family.

I am so sorry for your loss. By what you have said about yourfriend he sounds like a great friend. You must be greatful you got to know such a great guy for 4 years. Rest in Peace Derek.

To make things worse, I had offered Derek a gum when he was at my home. This same thing got stuck in his throat after the hit. As a result, he could not breathe and his body got deprived of oxygen. Usually the brain can survive without oxygen for a max. of 5-6 min. After that, the cells start getting destroyed which is a permanent damage. The throat was cleared and he is now on cardiopulmonary Recusitation (CPR). His condition is EXTREMELY CRITICAL. His heart beat was down to 30. After around 3-4 hours, its now back to normal. However, he is still on CPR. I couldn't see him struggling for life and believe me, it bought shivers in my body. Just the mere sight of my wrecked bike is horrifying and nothing further could be imagined of the one on it at the time of accident.

Please do not blame yourself, you had no way of knowing what was going to happen that day. I had a friend who died and I could blame byself so easly but all it does it make you forget what happen. You have to remember you friend forever. Remembver all the good times you had with him. By the sounds of him, there were loads :unsure:.

That sucks, it remembers me of a guy who I knew, he was on a scooter and he crashed into a bus stop. Im from Holland here the bus stops are like cabins of glass, he didnt made it.dont blame ur self because of the gum. It happend like that thats how things go, because God want that.

Edited by Tennis96 (see edit history)

Hello Opaque,I know this is very churlish of me to reply back so late to this thread. I know how you feel about this loss and I do not want to givenay kind of sympathy or anything for I know how difficult it is move on when you lose someone special.I too have lost my share of special people and have through depressions after their deaths, Everytime I was reminded of them I would gointo a really bad depression phase that would rob me off all positivity.I hope you recover from the death and grow stonger for I believe that there is something positive in every negative even if you do not see them right now, Even in fights. I have gone through taht phase soI can safely tell you that It is ok to cry sometimes, It lets out all those bottled up emotions for emotions are not bad.Take care and I know you will be ok. Keep up the great work.