xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burnego

Do You Like Water? - youd better like it

I love water. I drink it with most meals and through out the day. It is very important to stay hydrated since i play lots of sports and always am running. However, like others have said, not all water tastes the same. When i drink the water at school it tastes different from that in my apartment. The reason for this is that they come from different sources and one is known for having a much higher iron content than the other. Plus, some pipes are older than others so they have more deposits in them than others. Finally, i will have to say that in the past week i have had some of the best water i have ever tasted and it was not because i was near a stream or anything. Instead, i was on a cruise ship and they desalitate their own water and thus is was as pure as you can get. It tasted so good all day every day.

Ok, so I was watching the news the other night and they had a report that dropped my jaw. They were saying that you should drink 64 ounces of ANY fluid a day, and that it was just as good as drinking water. I know the times that i have been serious about weight training, i have almost OD'd on water. LOL. I am unsure on whether or not to believe the news. One day they are saying drinking coffee causes cancer and then the next week they are saying it cures AIDS (obvious exaggeration). But to my way of thinking, water is pure without many additives and should be processed by your body faster and more efficiently. Whereas, say, diet soda is still loaded with sodium and other crap. Anyone heard of this?

Looking at water, you might think that it's the most simple thing around. Pure water is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. But it's not at all simple and plain and it is vital for all life on Earth. Where there is water there is life, and where water is scarce, life has to struggle or just "throw in the towel."
Pure water has a neutral pH of 7, which is neither acidic nor basic.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Copied from here and paraphrased beginning from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Nothing I didn't know befor,

Still though I don't like water, I prefer coke or apple juice it's deliciaouse [if I wrote right].

Anyways, you drink water by anything u drink, even if it's coke, cuz it has some percents of water in it,

For e.g : Coke has 2% water in it.

Anyways you better drink water, unlike me :D

water is the most important thing needed by man.about 75% of human weight is made up of water but some times,many people dont like water for some reasons.i personally like water because it is the best source of refrshment but i seldom drinks water when hungry because of stomach problem.

i usually drink huge amounts of water daily.i think no taste is the best taste and you really understand how good it is when you really need it.no drink invented by man can be compared to water simple pure and very very healthy.i think we should find some way to drink more water because more and more people are so busy that they even forget to drink water!

I do like water. Its refreshening. After a hard day of work I love a cold glass of water and ice.. then some Apple Juice :)Water really fascinates me. Just the way water is so perfect. It has the perfect density of 1.0, It has the perfect PH Level of 7 (Neutral). I find it amazing :P

I drink water more than any other drink. After a run or race water is really the only thing that I like drinking maybe besides Gatorade. As I was reading some of the post before this one I read someone saying that they can taste the difference between different types of bottled water even though water is suppose to be tastless that is because most bottles of water aren't just water because they are enhanced with minerals for taste. The bottle right beside me called Simple H2O has these ingredients: Purified water, magneium sulfate, potassium, bicarbonate, potassium chloride. So I'm guessing all water companies have different minerals in there water which gives it a different taste.

The main water purification/desalination processes currently in use fall under two categories: Thermal desalination and reverse osmosis. Of the two, reverse osmosis is more efficient and cost effective. However, the process is not without its kinks. The membrane used to filter impurities is susceptible to microbes in the impure water. As a result, a chlorine wash is necessary to combat the bio-film that collects on the membrane surface. Unfortunately, current membranes are significantly weakened by exposure to chlorine.
--------------------------------------------------
johnyymathew
Opinion Leader

Replying to Do You Like Water? - what crap question is this?You do not have a choice dude. Even if you do not like it, you have to depend on it for survival. Its a bad thing, not to like water :lol:.

Yep water is definitely essential for life. We use it to drink, wash etc. I prefer bottled water although it doesnt contain fluoride which is essential for good teeth. I love drinking an icy cool bottle of water after going to the gym. It's the most refreshing gym out there.Not enough water is harmful (we cant survive) but too much can lead to cerebral edema and death. Wasn't there a lady who died from drinking too much water as part of a radio contest?

WATER MAKES A LIFE PERFECT WATER present 70percent on the earth surface. and 1percent is pure which portable which is to drink. water is very very neccesary for our health. it help us to excret our waste product from our bodythrough sweat, which is also help us to regulate our body temperature. it also help us to regulate our body temperature. it is also very good for our health , it also give s us our body colour , it hel us to keep ours blood circulation normal. it also help us to prevent from dehydration, water is alsohelpful our invironmentel or weathr to make cool, yes it help climet to be cool which is also very very good fore our health and our sorrounding and for our animal. water is also neccesary fore our plant to to provide food and nutritin. water is also need fore our marien life so we should like water.

Water? Well - sure I like it, we can't live without it. Drinking water is a funny thing, I've always liked it but in the past I drank pop/soda and other stuff like that. Then I started drinking a whole lot of water every day instead of just after exercise and I became so used to it that drinking anything else tastes awful. When you drink a lot of coke or pepsi, you seem to become immune to how disgusting it is. Drinking almost nothing but water (plus some milk in my case) really shows your taste buds what normal is supposed to taste like.It's the same with coffee I think. When I first tried coffee, I was disgusted. I couldn't stand it. Years later I tried it again, but loaded the sugar in thinking it was necessary. For a month or so I drank coffee loaded with sugar thinking it was the only way to handle such a disgusting beverage and then one day I decided to try it without sugar, Blech, couldn't stand it. But I know sugar's bad for you so I tried it a few more times and eventually I became used to that and now since then I can't stand the thought of coffee with sugar, when I taste it makes me sick.So I guess my point of all this is, a lot of people think water is plain and tasteless and refuse to drink it, and feel the need to drink flavoured water or something. You just have to put some effort into drinking water and you'll get used to it and drinking a lot of it will come naturally.The biggest thing and this is really important is to use a huge glass or cup! At home I drink out of a glass that can hold about 750ml(3 cups) but in the past I used one of those 1L pitchers with a cover on and that worked good.Don't just sip on the water as a common thing to do and I still do it, because you'll never get enough water that way. When you take a drink of water, try to really drink it down so you get as much as you can in one drink. It makes getting the recommended amount in a day a lot easier. Don't go crazy though, drinking too much water too quickly can make you faint or something, i don't know the details but I know drinking too much water is dangerous! There was a water drinking contest in the news a while ago and if I remember correctly, people died because they drank too much water. Another thing is, I often just drink cool water and not ice cold water. Don't get me wrong, ice cold water is 10x as refreshing on a hot day, but cool water goes down much, much easier and makes getting the recommended amount easier again if getting enough water is the name of the game.

As a few members said above, Water is very refreshing after a hard days of doing things. It cools me down slowly but surely. :) I don't mind having a drink of water sometimes. I mostly like to drink some Coca Cola, Pepsi etc. :D Other drinks for example, Orange Juice, Apple juice, Lemonade, Iron Bru etc are refreshing also, aslong as they are cold. The best way to have a cold drink is to put Ice in. More then 5-6 Ice cubes in your drink will make it cold, nice and refreshing within 5 minutes. :P

I drink a lot of water but not "as water." I prefer taste so I make tea and just drink that a lot. It tastes better and all, plus it has anti-oxidents in it, which is healthy for you.As for the post a long time ago stating that too much water can kill you, this is very true. There are numerous cases every year of people who literally "drown" themselves by drinking too much water.