xisto Community
Shadow Knight

Did Dragons Ever Exist?

If you read my beginning post it would explain that the oils from plants and such could cause such a conduction...

I'm sorry, but i did not see anything about oils from plants and such in your beginning post.

Something of the "Dragon" sort had to exist at some point of time. If you look at ancient texts from all over the world, you see something about dragons being mentioned. Whether its the elegant dragons from asia, or the tribal dragons from europe, their preatty well wide spread.Now for the fact if a dragon ever existed, there is no proof, nor disproof. People of "ye olde" ages were preatty spiritial and probably destroyed the bones with any remains to rid the dragons spirit. So if there was the possibility for something, its probably gone.

To me a dragon seems like they would be a kind of dinosaur. Because they had tough hide usually scales you know, and that's what dinosaurs had for skin. And I've definitly heard a lot in my time that Dinosaurs never flew although I don't know why when they've found a couple species of dinosaur that did in fact fly like birds. So to me it is completly possible for a Dragon to have existed in the time of the dinosaurs. As for the fire breathing that is something that doesn't seem to have been present because nothing else we've ever found on earth has anything like that.But since they were able to fly there is a good chance they were able to run when the Dinosaurs started becoming extinct. Since the popular reason as to why that happened was climate change, (See they global warming then too lol). So the dragon's would be able to move to a semi suitable climate since the change would have been global. That move would have allowed them to stay alive a lot longer than some of the other dinosaurs which if a few lasted just long enough people might have been able to catch a glimpse of them a long time ago you know.

The Bible does mention dragons, but then again it mentions giants and boats that hold two of every species of animal that ever existed as well.And dragons didn't necessarily exist because a lot of cultures wrote about it, it may just be a commonly-imagined mythical creature (like dwarves and elves).

Dragons still exist. We call them "dinosaurs" today (which is a new term coined in the late 19th century). There are many documented "stories" of dragons being slain in the past 500 years. Today, in central Africa, namely the Congo, many sightings of "dragons" occured and there have even been excursions into the deep, dark juingle to try and get a glimpse of it. There are even "dragons" mentioned in the Bible. I can go on about this topic but I will keep this post short...

Lots of those ancient stories and the elegant dragons from Asia are not actual eye-witness reports, they are made up stories, theories...like Cerebral Stasis says. And like I mentioned before, the Chinese found dinosaur bones in the earth, and they based their dragon theories on those findings. They also thought that dragons lived beneath the surface of the earth. About the sightings of dragons in Congo: it all reminds me very much of sightings of the monster of Loch Ness, and Bigfoot in America. But if they do exist, and are really that big as they are in fairytales, then maybe we can check Congo with Google Earth? :)

I'm not quite sure on the facts of what I'm about to write, but I remember reading this somewhere, I think it was actually proven, but I may have forgotton parts of it over time and, anyways... Here's my explanation of "dragons"Like many others, I agree that we call them 'dinosaurs' today.... and I agree that there are probably some still living... anyway, many dinosaurs eat meat, and apparently the meat ferments in their stomach because it is not all digested at once... (this is the part I am a little sketchy on the details on)... basically, dinosaurs would "burp," giving off excess flammible gases from the fermentation of the meat in their stomachs.... (gross, I guess) Anyway, some dinosaurs such as t-rexes are able to create sparks when their teeth grind together... apparently this ignites the gases, causing them to look like they're breathing fire...Anyways, there it is. Not my theory, so somebody may want to check and see if they can find it somewhere...As for me, I prefer the dragons of legend... much more fantastical, if you ask me...But that makes me think of something else...If anybody has read the book "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" by Mark Twain you will have an idea of what I am talking about.... Shortly after the main character is captured by a knight, he is taken back to a castle and the knight boasts about how he took this strange man from a land of magicians who are all invincible and, well, I guess knights liked to boast about their feats back then, and perhaps wander from the truth a little bit. Suppose there really was some sort of dinosaur or any old animal that a bunch of knights had killed... Surely they would have made the beast sound far more ferocious than it really was, giving it the ability to breathe fire and the such....a bit more believable of a theory, anyway

It's amazing that such a creature of myth could have everlasting life, even if only in our stories, dreams, movies, etc.Dragons: Do they exist?Well the bible describes giants of the land and sea, ad well as giant men and such. Could these be dragons, cyclops, giants in general? I think they are descriptions of creatures and beings as best described by that time frame.In Mideval times, people could have described creatures as dragons. Like huge lizards, and, as the stories were passed down had features added to them to make the stories more exciting.In the bible, in revelations, there are things that are described by that person in the time he lived. Fro instance giant dragon flies with scorpian like stingers, and the face of men, etc. Good description of an apache helicopter if you ask me.There are things that we have yet to discover, and we will try to describe them to the best of our ability. Of course, I am sure it will not be anything like what it really is, when actually photographed and discovered.

I think that it is possible for maybe a smaller version of the dragon to have existed, but not the monsters we see in alot of movies. Maybe ones about the size of a T-Rex, but not any bigger then that. The only reason I say this is because of how bird evolved from lizards. It is possible that maybe a lizard would of kept the wing evolution, but may have died out because of competition.However, I still think it is more likely for them to be a myth. This is because it is possible for many civilizations to come to the same conclusion on beasts. This is because most people fear things that are unlike themselves. Reptiles are cold blooded, scaly, some have no legs, and many don't think they are cute and cuddly. So what is a perfect monster? A huge lizard. Now lets make it even worse by tacking on some Wings, sharp claws, and the ability to breath fire. Everything about a Dragon is pretty much something that humans can't do or is as far from human as possible.

If Dragons exist depends on what you think about them. If you think Dragons are fire-breathing creatures then you have never read any scientific books about Dragons and the answer is no. Dragons never breathe fire nor is it possible for any creature to roam the earth. There are almost many reasons and facts as to how Dragons once roamed the earth. For one thing there are fossils founded by archeolegists. Those fossils were from millions of years ago, maybe even billions. So in general Dragons once existed but died of either a huge volcano corruption or a meteor hit the earth. That I didn't read about.

Cangor's explaination seems the most likely and logical one to describe how the concept of breathing fire came about, although Dragons as a species I would definately say never existed, at least not in the form that legends portray them as having.

Well, just a couple of weeks ago, i saw a documentary on discovery channel regarding Dragons. The title was "Dragons , A fantasy made real" It was shown in many episodes ,out of which i watched only a couple. According to what i saw, there are remains of a dragon in Romanian mountains. It was found frozen over there and they also found many human bodies nearby. Watching that documentary , it isnt hard to imagine that dragons did exist at some point of time. I was not able to watch the complete presentation though. But whatever i saw, was indeed amazing. If the dragons had been true, then it would probably get as famous as the dinosaurs. But there is one fact messing up the whole idea of dragons. With the body they found in romanian mountains, they saw wings which were perfectly adaptable for flight. But the dragons had a huge amount of body weight which makes flight impossible ,according to the laws of physics...Myth or real , i love dragons

One thing I cannot believe is how do they know bones found in the earth are "millions" of years old? The way they date the bones is by the strata they are found in. Okay, how do they date the strata? They date the strata by the fossils it contains. This is circular reasoning and very unscientific. That's like saying, "I know a train came by here because I can see its tracks... and the tracks proves a train just went by." Without observing an event you can only believe something on faith alone, just like the theory of evolution. No one has ever observed one species changing into another. Everything is based upon suppositions, guesses and faith that something is without anything to base the belief upon. Evolution is simply another of the many religions as without faith it cannot be believed.