xisto Community
Shadow Knight

Did Dragons Ever Exist?

I think dragons exist, as for the fire breathing it is highley possible, all they need is a venom sack and a special lighter that can sit un der the tounge. Unfortunely i dont know when they lived on earth, i believe they still do except up in the high mountains in the cold, if you knew the full knoledge ofdragons that i know you would know what i am talking about. ^_^

One thing I cannot believe is how do they know bones found in the earth are "millions" of years old? ....blah blah blah..

I'm afraid that you don't really have a clue what you are talking about.Here's a tip which will serve you well - don't believe everything you read on creationist sites.

YES, as a matter of routine, a provisional age is usually done using the strata where the fossil is found. This is simply because it is a good 'rule of thumb' estimation and is a LOT cheaper than arranging radiometric dating of each sample.
HOWEVER, the strata themselves are dated as reference figures using several types of radiometric dating which all pretty much agree. Now, of course, in the field, if an archaeologist is working in, say, a known limestone stratum of rock, he or she can be confident that it is a certain age BECAUSE IT HAS ALREADY BEEN DATED.
Finally - where there is any doubt (if, for example, a new and important fossil is discovered) then it, and the strata it came from, would be dated (probably using uranium-lead or uranium-uranium dating).

So, unless you actually KNOW something about the subject it is probably better to
'remain silent and be thought a fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt'.

As for evolution - like gravity evolution is a theory AND a fact. Pretty much everything you wrote is wrong. Yes, people HAVE observed one species turn into another - many times. No, it is not based on guesses or suppositions. No, it has nothing in common with religious belief. No, it doesn't require you to believe it, simply to understand why it is true.
Edited by Bikerman (see edit history)

One of the most common, and certainly the most debatable question in circulation over dragons is, "do they exist?". Despite being repeatedly asked, a satisfactory conclusion has never really been offered. The reason is primarily because everyone has a different viewpoint on dragon existence, and due to the controversial nature of the topic, we have so far only really been faced with contradiction. To date, theories regarding dragon existence have ranged from a physical, literal presence; the idea that dragons used to roam the earth but were wiped out by chivalrous knights or human advances. Others believe that dragons are little more than a mixture of the untamed forces of nature and human imagination, or that dragons exist on the astral plane, or that they have found their home in our imaginations.Our focus in this essay is not to try and directly prove or disprove the existence of dragons, but instead to discuss the main possibilities from which we will draw our own conclusion. However, in the end it will be up to you to decide how you believe in dragons. I for one think they were dinos that manged to survive the big bang.....whats are your threorys and thoughts?

well if dragons doesn't exist, why do people all over the world know and talk about dragons and believe that dragons are real. Not counting komodo dragons cause they do exist.

That is a fallacious argument - ad-populum fallacy (appeal to popularity).It is best to avoid this type of argument all together.Here's a few examples to show why it is often a bad idea.eg.1 There are over 2 billion Christians, and 2 billion people can't be wrong can they? But there are nearly 2 billion Muslims so either 2 billion Muslims are wrong, or 2 billion Catholics are wrong, or all 4 billion are wrong.eg.2. In about 600BCE just about everyone who thought about it was convinced that the world was flat or rectilinear. They were ALL wrong.In this particular case, saying that people all around the world know and talk about dragons is simply incorrect. There are basically 2 'supermyth' versions of dragons - Eastern - derived from the Chinese, and Western - derived from the ancient Greek myths. Unsurprisingly these two 'mother' myths spread as the country of origin spread its influence. Since China and ancient Greece were so influential and powerful, it is not surprising that their dragon myths were incoroporated into other cultures.In fact, this is actually evidence against rather than in support. If the two basic myths were based on real creatures then why are they so different? Chinese dragons are serpent like, whereas western dragons are nearly always winged. Eastern dragons are protectors and seen as lucky and friendly. Western dragons are usually evil or, at best, neutral, and are seen as monsters to be killed by heros.

I think dragons exist, as for the fire breathing it is highley possible, all they need is a venom sack and a special lighter that can sit un der the tounge. Unfortunely i dont know when they lived on earth, i believe they still do except up in the high mountains in the cold, if you knew the full knoledge ofdragons that i know you would know what i am talking about. ^_^

I don't really see how this would work. How could they use their "lighter" to create the spark? And how could they keep it from burning themselves?

I have wondered about the possibility of dragons myself, but when it comes to how people view these, the more I look at it the more I realize that people must have embellished on what they were like. A massive creature that is capable of flight? Sure. Able to breathe fire, while not hurting themselves? Unlikely.

There are many large animals. There are many animals capable of flight. But (as far as I know?) there are none that can breathe fire.

One of the most common, and certainly the most debatable question in circulation over dragons is, "do they exist?". Despite being repeatedly asked, a satisfactory conclusion has never really been offered. The reason is primarily because everyone has a different viewpoint on dragon existence, and due to the controversial nature of the topic, we have so far only really been faced with contradiction. To date, theories regarding dragon existence have ranged from a physical, literal presence; the idea that dragons used to roam the earth but were wiped out by chivalrous knights or human advances. Others believe that dragons are little more than a mixture of the untamed forces of nature and human imagination, or that dragons exist on the astral plane, or that they have found their home in our imaginations.Our focus in this essay is not to try and directly prove or disprove the existence of dragons, but instead to discuss the main possibilities from which we will draw our own conclusion. However, in the end it will be up to you to decide how you believe in dragons. I for one think they were dinos that manged to survive the big bang.....whats are your threorys and thoughts?

Yes they did in fact, and so did Giants. Dragons predate all the way back to biblical times. For instance Leviathon was a demonic water dragon, and there were many more dragons in that time as well. Whether or not they still exist today i cannot say. It could be possible that they do just they are extremely elusive. I hope this helped you

Err, what do you mean by 'biblical times'? Given that the OT was written somewhere around 500-900BCE are you saying that Dragons and Giants existed then? If so, I'll bet you a dollar they didn't....

Err, what do you mean by 'biblical times'? Given that the OT was written somewhere around 500-900BCE are you saying that Dragons and Giants existed then? If so, I'll bet you a dollar they didn't....

I think he's talking about a different "bible." As far as I know, Leviathan was from the eastern part of the world (Korea, I guess). I don't remember exactly but I remember looking a bit into the names like that and Shiva since they were in Final Fantasy VII. Guess games do teach us after all...

But for sure, they are part of a religion.

Well, the Sumerians had Ninurta (Godess) and the Seven headed serpent. The babylonians had Tiamat the sea serpent and the Egyptians had Nehebkau the twin-headed serpent.