xisto Community
iGuest

Is Creating A Real Website A Very Difficult Job? Need Help!

I always wanted to make a website, and I accomplished that, so I am always looking to learn more. I find that when you use a simple CMS or something that is preinstalled you can play around with it, and check it out. The simplest for a starting beginner is Joomla!. First when you get your account, go to your site like yoursite.domain.com:2082, just add that:2082 at the end of it, so its like that, and then log in using your account, then go to Fantistico de Luxe and click on Joomla, New Installation and follow the instructions. Then just go to your site or where ever you installed it, and then type at the /administrator and log in with your Joomla! account, after that you look around install themes, and do all sorts of things,there are other scripts you can install. Building webpages is simpler than knowing HTML or CSS or those things. I know HTML and CSS but I still don't use it unless I want to make a theme which I still can't do due to the fact I can't design. Its rather simple and if you need help just PM me or ask on my profile. In all its a really simple task, especially if you can figure out the basics of your cPanel then you have no problems whatsoever.

Creating a REAL website isn't that difficult. Infact it is only finding a team is the hard part.How ever though, you shouldn't go off making a real website like IGN or About.com if you don't the have skills to do so.Like for example:* - You need good spam removal skills, spam protection etc.* - You need a good team/community to help manage and build the website.* - You need to be dedicated.* - You have to focus on the content, and keep it consistant throughout.Also some things you need:* - Good bandwidth* - Good amount of space* - Many MySQL databases* - Very good programming skills* - A semi-dedicated or dedicated server, for maximum CPU and RAM

No its not a difficult job! Since technology has come along even more there are some Fantastic programs out there that are easy to use but make your website look Professional! Like "DreamWeaver, BlueVoda" Them 2 are some of the best! Check out Youtube.com for some good tutorials watching a video on how to do things is 40% easier than to read a tutorial.

creating a "REAL" website using html, css,php,etc is really easy unless you know all the different languages needed to make the website. the basic language a beginner needs to know is html. and if possible you need to learn css(cascading style sheet) for a good design and layout. and you could learn php and mysql for dynamic content and creating your own content management system(cms).these languages are really easy. html and css only took me a few hours to learn but php took me a few days and i am still learning it

Creating a real website is not as difficult as updating it. You can make the website even without any coding knowledge, but that way you are just gonna be 'designing'. Making the website design(full), will probably take like 5 days or something, if you are experienced in Photoshop and stuff, but it might even take less, considering what you wanna make. But I suggest using some php script(like Joomla), because of the reason it's way to simple thing to handle. You don't want to make every single .html page by yourself like I do.

No its not a difficult job! Since technology has come along even more there are some Fantastic programs out there that are easy to use but make your website look Professional! Like "DreamWeaver, BlueVoda" Them 2 are some of the best! Check out Youtube.com for some good tutorials watching a video on how to do things is 40% easier than to read a tutorial.

BlueVoda is probably the worse i have come across - it has no better functionality than Microsoft Word, and it outputs no better either. Everything that it creates has an absiloute position, and that is the worse thing you want to do - because it doesnt display properly on a browser that is different or has a different resolution.

Also Dreamweaver is also pointless, even though they claim it is a "professional" tool, which it isn't.

No What You See Is What You Get editor is professional, if you use one, then it clearly shows that you are lazy and have no experience of HTML, CSS or websiting (if thats a word). It also gives you no sense of achievement, why should you be awarded and feel "gratified" if all you did was clicked a few buttons and typed a couple of words? Exactly, you should WORK for your awards!

So any of you lot thinking that you are going to buy dreamweaver, think again!

Heres a list of the "cool" programs that will give you experience (in order of the best)

phpDesigner

gedit

notepad++

notepad

Now apart from phpDesigner - these are all FREE - and will benefit you for the resst of your life!

I wouldn't start on Php if you have never made a website before, First start on basic HTML then go all through tutorials on HTML then I would slowly start PHP once you are confident with completing HTML.Good luck if you make one :D

Instead of learning HTML straightaway, why do you start with using those WYSIWYG editor. Learn what is the basic elements in the web page and from there, pick up the html and maybe some server language like php. In no time, you will be able to create a web page effortlessly.

I taught HTML to kids before. it's not that hard they can get used to it in a day. but ofcourse creating websites can be different thing..you'll need patience.and DO NOT use WYSIWYG editors. You'll learn slower this way. start off with notepad until you are comfortable with the basic tags and markups after that you can use those editors.Using editors very early on often results in unorganized large piece of useless code.

I have read all the tutorials, listened to countless advice about creating a webpage, tried to understand the very difficult alien language of HTML, tried everything for twenty-four hours and still I cannot make a webpage. I figure creating a real webpage is one of the hardest of things to do, this is why so many people go to the atrocious made easy myspace.com or pay other people to make a website for them. Seriously speaking, not to criticize anyone, but I find making a website the most frustating task I have ever had to undertake. I feel like I need to take up a one to two year course just to make a webpage. When I heard about how Xisto was the best webhost, I was astonished, they sure do have the best resources, but for a noob like me using those resources to create anything has become mission impossible.

It really all depends on the type of site you are trying to create. In some instances, it can be fairly easy to design a website. Provided you have the necessary tools at hand; notepad, maybe a program like dreamweaver ect. Now-a-days, there are some many different types of software that can help you achieve a beautiful web page with little or no help from you. Take that into consideration :)

Well it depends on what type of site do your want. It also depends on how much effort do you want to put in it. If your will like to make a complex site you need to gets some scripts. If you would like to build a simple website i really recommend using an online web builder. scripts.com is a really good place to find some scripts. It also depends on how much are your ready to invest

I recommend you to download Macromedia Dreamweaver and learn as you design your own site! It's very easy to make a site with it and it comes with a lot of handy tutorials. If you get stuck you can always Google it... Also you may want to download a ftp client.

The first step is to decide CMS or static, and then flat files or database....And what type of database.For beginning I would start with Dreamweaver and do flat files. It's all WYSIWYG(What you see is what you get) so it's very easy to use and has almost all of the features you would need when coding your own HTML. It even has some JS(Javascript) built in as well.Also, I have a book called "The complete idiot's guide to website creation" that gives a very easy to follow understanding of HTML. I used it to learn the language in under a week. And it goes through everything from frames to creating submission screens and stuff.

I have read all the tutorials, listened to countless advice about creating a webpage, tried to understand the very difficult alien language of HTML, tried everything for twenty-four hours and still I cannot make a webpage. I figure creating a real webpage is one of the hardest of things to do, this is why so many people go to the atrocious made easy myspace.com or pay other people to make a website for them. Seriously speaking, not to criticize anyone, but I find making a website the most frustating task I have ever had to undertake. I feel like I need to take up a one to two year course just to make a webpage. When I heard about how Xisto was the best webhost, I was astonished, they sure do have the best resources, but for a noob like me using those resources to create anything has become mission impossible.

Dear friend it entirely depends on your knowledge and command on web languages and I think as a beginer you should try some free templates and edit them as per your needs. You can also learn by going through them codes etc of the free templates and knowing the process how they came with the design so best of luck for your learning.?