xisto Community
Fu Still Better

What Country To Do You Live In, And Rate It.

I live in India and I give 9/10 rating due to the following reasons:1.India is the largest democratic country in the world.2.Though people follow many religions like Hinduism , Christianity , Sikhism , Buddhism , Islam etc.. They are united.3.India is birth place of Buddhism , Sikhism , Jainism , Hinduism.4.India is the birth place for Chess , Hockey etc...5.India has the world's largest postal and second largest railway system.6.Indian civilization is 10,000 years old.7."0" and value for "phi" was invented my Indians8.World famous poet "Thiruvalluvar" who wrote Thirukural was born in India.What more do I need to rate my country...............I am proud to be an INDIAN

AustraliaRated: 8.5 out of 10.Pros-Nice Countryside, less polluted capital cities.-More spacious and spread out.-Most of the population near beach, and nice weather all around in most locationsCons-Recent drought -An very ordinary government that seems to follow other countries (USA being a obv example with the Iraq war and the "war on terror"). Thank gawd the Labor party opposition now has a decent leader (Kevin Rudd) capable of challenging John Howard not only for Prime Minister, but for a majority in the House of Reps at the next federal election.-Still a few people that are sticking to racial beliefs, but has since fallen from public view (eg the One Nation Party that rose and fell from grace just as quickly).

I live in Michigan,USA. I would have to rate it 8/10. I would rate it 10/10, but the economy is REALLY bad in Michigan. I would have to say that I like living here, though.~Imtay22

I live in England and I rate it the following:

Good

NHS - at least it exists. When you get a ?10,000 operation for free, you won't be complaining.

Free public transport - well, for me anyway.

Cultural diversity - but not too much.

Democracy.

Strong defences - we've not been taking over since 1066.

Free education - well, until you're 18.

The Commonwealth.

Immigrants.

The popularisation of football.

Bad

NHS is not in as good a state as it could be.

The government would rather waste strategically spend ?5 million/day on Iraq than fixing the NHS (an extra ?1.9 billion might help it, just a bit).

Withdrawing the troops from Iraq simply means "we're moving them somewhere else".

Blair is only third in command of the country, next to Bush.

~?250,000+ to buy a house! No-one has that kind of money.

Some whining, unpatriotic pessimistic people.

Mainland Europeans periodically bothering us with the Euro.

American fast-food "restaurants" setting up shop here and helping us become fat.

9 out of 10.

Spain here! - 9/10 .PROS :Very hott in summer and nice beaches ( and bitc*hes too :P )Good economy ( except 2006.. )A lot of traditions .A good Football team and the spanish Liga is very intersting.Some nice cars.Many hooks ( :D )Contra:Some rude people...Too much drugs ( well for many people that is good ..but being honestly is a very bad thing )And we need more water!

I live in the United States of America. I rate it 9/10. I love the freedom we get here and how we can choose what we want to be. I can say what I want to say about the government and not worry about being arrested or prosecuted. If I go to trial, it is a fair trial. The reason I didn't give it a full 10 is because the politicians we elect are not always the best candidates for the job. Bush was put in a tough position, but I don't wholly agree with the decisions he made after 9/11. The people running for office don't always speak about what they plan to change while in office, but why his/her opponent shouldn't be elected for office. Overall I believe the U.S. is a great country to live in.

I live in Norway, and I'll rate it 7/10. The reason is that it is a very safe country to live in, almost untouched by war, and with a healthy government; but it is a country where I can't live out my dreams, and I can't get the education I'd like. There are good things and bad things about every country, but overall I like Norway :P And I LOVE the winter with minus 25-30 degrees celsius :D

I lived in the United States. A 8/10.

Good because: We are free people, loyal, patriotic, rich, helpful. We are good people of the world. We are United under God, as one, together. We work together.

Bad because: Some people are bad, discouraging, horrible and cruel people. Some make bad mistakes. There is also prostution, drugs, murders, smoking.

The Netherlands 6/10. Overall life is good here, but the future doesn't look all too bright, I really have a problem with the politicians being voted for and it's getting worse every election. Also, the politic seems to be getting more and more religious and I'm afraid of religious people.

I live in: Yorkshire, England, UK.Rating: 7/10It could be better, the bad thing about where i live is that theres loads of drug dealers & gangs.But apart from them there are some really nice people about.

Portugal: 6/10Positive: weather, beaches, friendly people (used to be more friendly), we eat boiled snails (disgusts every tourist, eheheh), you really can do what you want if you don't mess with others (i think THIS is called freedom); oh, yeah... we don't have Bush! :)Negative: politics, politicians (read CORRUPTION), taxes money just disappears, hospitals are being shut down (they want you to get medical insurance, but still pay more and more taxes), education is the worst i've ever seen; oh, yeah... we have Socrates! :)

Edited by dau1970 (see edit history)

Croatia: 4/10good:-some people(very few)-nature(like in any other country)bad:-corruption is everywhere-people care about tradition and religion too much-70% of population is poor or almost poor-too hot(for the past month or so temperature didn't drop below 30 degrees celsius and before that was above 25 for about 2 months)-schools(i'm a student right now and on the best college but from day one i was disappointed and so were all my friends)-politics-lack of jobs even for the people with college-slow internet and it's expensive-...to conclude i can't wait to get out of here

IndiaI'll rate it 7.5/10Good Things: Fastest growing economy. Becoming one of most powerful country of the world. Has world's third largest Army. Great Culture. Has evry kind of terrain: Sea, Pleatue, Mountains (Great Himalayas), Valleys, Plains.Bad Thing: Curruption. I think it's the only thing that is responsible for evry other bad thing.