xisto Community
Fu Still Better

What Country To Do You Live In, And Rate It.

I live in Nigeria. Would give it a 4/10 because...1. there is so much corruption in Nigeria that you cant help feel disgusted if you are amongst the good guys.\2. The economy is one big mess and only a few of the people at the top seem to give a damn about taht fact.3. Things are so dificult and if you arent talented one way or the other, sorry for you.4. I feel Nigeria still has a very long way to go to achieve their economic goal and the journey should be started immediately.

Devon/Somerset Boarder, England, UK

Loves:

Local Food: Devonshire clotted cream - never Cornish; Cider (and other locally produced alcoholic beverages)

Area: Attractive; rural - and very close to coast; fewer chavs

Hates:

Weather: Awful (but often better than other parts of the UK)

Area: Nothing to do... Absolutely nothing (unless you like endless country walks or traveling for surfing)!! Living 20 minutes from the nearest town and nearly an hour to the nearest city (which is Exeter) its difficult to hang out with mates and actually have a good time

Summer: I know it sounds awful but tourists are my worst nightmare and they get right up my nose - few have any respect for the area - and no we don't have road sweepers in the countryside so don't throw your rubbish out the window onto my front garden... I know the area rely on them but seriously... And they cause havoc on the M5 (a word of warning: don't plan to travel anywhere in the summer, especially at weekends and avoid the A303 too - and please don't bring your caravan)

The Government: No matter how hard I try it seems that neither parliament or the local government EVER think about the consequences of their actions - my mum always taught me "think before you speak or do" - didn't their mums ever tell them that. (TBH though, I have a distant relative by marriage who's an MP - ooops)

I guess I do love it overall though, after all I grew up here and all my mates are here. I don't think I plan to stay forever though...

I think I am not traveled enough to give a proper rating to my country... but still, I give it a 9 / 10 because I really love Canada. We have a lot of good points like freedom, and education and such (though the education dollars keep disappearing when the conservatives are in), but we still have some bad points, like our politics, though still pretty good, sometimes there is corruption and our crime which I think any country has. And sure, we do have a lot of winter, but it makes me enjoy the summer, and winter is also nice (though I wish it was shorter lol).I'd like to go to other countries around the world and see what other places is like though, because the only place I have to compare with is the United States, which though is close to Canada... it's still not my home country, so I can't like it as much.I'd like to see some European and Asian countries though as well... and Australia too. But as things stand right now, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

I come from a coastal city in China.I give out 7/10.Good: The country have been changed better than past.Bad: The country is not changed enough.

PA, USA. 7/10, very good envioronment, friendly people, but the city is very segregated into neighborhoods, which provokes fights in public places sometimes. Kids of N A learn that people in N B are bad, they grow up with this thought, they go to school - and they start fighting with member of N B without even knowing him as a person.

i live in INDIAi rate it 8/10good things: PEOPLE , nature, economy,opportunities to grow,like minded people,too many hill stations to visit , a great place to hangout with freinds,see new developments every day,cable tv,fast internet,open market not but not the least we are DEMOCRATIC. i loVe DEMOCRACY.badthings: dirty politics,corruptions,too hot and sultry,slow decision making policies by govenement, bad roads(some places),very less bridges,superstious.

I am from MALAYSIA

i give 8/10
GOOD: born here and live here for 24 years already
diverse races with different culture and language-> colorful live
a lot of facilities, amenities, n technologies->even not as advanced as US, JAPAN, UK, etc yet
free to practise my religion
FOOD-easy access and cheap

BAD: some ppl like to initiate the racial fights
same like other country-> political issue
petrol and consumer products prices always increased

Hi NERO,

In Malaysia, it's hard for a non-Malays to find a job, because job vacancies are preserved for the Malays, with the aids from the government. An ex-patriot like me will say let Malaysia rot and sink until a capable person like Mahathir leads the country.

Job vacancies are Not preservers for Malays only la. But it seems the pattern is like chinese like to involve in business and non-government sector. Company i am working with now is 98%chinese maa. While the Malays prefer to work with government. But still got non-Malays.So, I think that is fair n equal.
Nevertheless, I also like Mahathir more compare to other Malaysia PM.hehhehe :P

i live in florida in the umited states i'd give it a 6/10 because florida is cool and everything but it's very hot most of the time. and also i dont travel much so it is kinda boring

I m from Russian Federation, (not Russia).

6/10 maybe.

R.Fed. Big country. There are more than 100 nations (russians, tatars, chechens, bashkirs...).

Bad : In Winter too cold. (yesterday - 20c - 23c, today - 8c - 5c in my region (South Ural))

Good: We have a lot of snow :) , it's good for winter celebrates like "New Year", "Christmas" ...

p.s. sorry for my bad english

Edited by arslan (see edit history)

North America.

I didn't know North America was a country... o_O

I live in Canada. I'll try to review it based on what I know:

Pros:

No death penalty (the most one can get is life without parole for 24 years.)

Pro-choice

Their customs are actually friendly

No internet restrictions! (Their copyright laws aren't as strict, and the DMCA isn't applied here. The only reason I download music "illegally" is because I don't have a credit card and I can't bother to go to HMV where they probably won't have the music I want anyway.)

We actually have a working health-care plan.

Elections don't get as much hype as they do in the US.

Our prime minister has been at least sometimes not an idiot since 1970. (Hey, I know Harper's one, but I said at least some of the time, right?)

Cons:

ISP prices are high. (Hey, they've got to find some way to pay all the "piracy" off...)

Taxes are high. (Hey, they've got to find some way to pay all the health care off...)

It's WAY too dependent on the American economy. (Hey, they've got to find some way to pay all their imports from China off...)

Overall, I'd give it 9/10.

EDIT: Gack... I spelled "parole" wrong.

Edited by tricky77puzzle (see edit history)