xisto Community
finaldesign

The Best Media Player Which is your best media player?

The best emdia player is:  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My best media player.....it is very difficult to choose when there are a lot of good players around...well still I think it is Real Player 11. The reason behind this is the features that it offers. We can burn favorite music to a cds or dvds, download videos from internet [...the best feature I like about real player] and obviously play songs and videos by using this software. I think this is enough to explain why I think it the best media player.In my opinion Winamp 5 is also a good media player and have got a lot of features.?

I would like both Media Player Classic (for video) and foobar2000 (for audio). Both of them are free, in small size, consume relatively less system resources than others and "simple but powerful", for example, Media Player Classic supports hardware decoding.

I've only used Windows Media Player and VLC so far... On my Win XP I use WMP but in my Ubuntu partition I use VLC... I'm the kind of person who thinks that media players are the same. As long as it plays the CD/ DVD, any media player will do. haha.

I use the new Windows Media Player and i do not need new thing because i don't need some special options or things.Windows Media Player is very simple and helps for me.When you need some radio/networking or streaming i think wmp could help you.I had lots of programs and games but few months ago my computer's hard drive needed to be reset and i backuped only few things that i need.But anyway Windows Media Player is enough for me and it helps to open all kinds of video and audio and i can watch all my movies on it because i have installed codec.I think that there is different sound from one player to other but Windows Media Player is the best and it is not slow,as wmp was sometimes for me.There are lots of players and i cannot chose one from them,but if i do not need to upgrade Windows Media Player is very good for me.

None of the Poll's Option are the best in my opinion.The best Video Players are without a doubt VLC Media Player and Dziobas Player(This one can read a movie even if it's archived). These two don't need any codecs to be previously installed , u just install the program and play the movie.From the list , strictly for music , Winamp Modern is the best. I use it quite alot :PStrikee.

VLC is good but some subbed animes can't be run on VLC for good. I have anime which shows subbed titles on windows media player classic (k-lite pack one). But on VLC it is not showing subs at all. I also found it had few display issues with .mkv player. I have to see what is the trouble, perhaps bad media file i got or issue with player.

I have used it in the past and while it worked well for some things, it did not for others. My preferred player of choice is now kmplayer with "media player classic home cinema" being second. I've actually never been able to find something that crashed or didn't play in kmplayer. Just my 0.02 of rambling.

Also the dudes from lifehacker have a great article that shows different things you could do with this excellent media player. A few includes:

* How to rip any DVD
* Convert any video for your iPod or iPhone with a drag and drop batch script
* How to stream media to other computers
* Play ripped DVDs

Also, VLC is available in a portable format so you can carry it in your USB drive.

I belive that the only place where VLC sucks is x264 playback. The built-in codecs are definitely not suited to the job

Edited by showtime (see edit history)

Hello! All of us are using some media player program... Everone here have some kind of favorite media player. So take a poll and tell the world which is your favorite media player, or if you have something better that is not listed here tell us, so we all can use the best media player... :)
p.s. sorry for my bad english

the best that we like is not mentioned here..we like vlc media player,,not only it is robust but also a powerfull and opensource software,,its a free ware and play almost all type of media with so many facility like volume increase upto 400%

This would be hard to choose one, because you have to consider codecs availability and player features. So here goes.I like VLC Media Player and all it's features but I hate how it doesn't utilize outside codecs, where if you where to use Media Player Classic and CCCP Codecs Pack then you can play every single format from videos, audio and even image formats ;)Then there are Audio Management systems the two most popular are iTunes and Winamp. iTunes is very iPod specific and requires you to have a CC iTunes Shop account just to listen to radio when in winamp it is free. Winamp is also faster at searching for songs and organising them just a little confusing to the average ipod geek though.

Hi!I like the VLC player too. I'm quite surprised that the poll wasn't edited to include VLC player. MPlayer uses the same libraries, so before VLC I used MPlayer.However, with Windows Media Player 12 (included in Windows 7), I believe we have support for most codecs and do not really need VLC player. In fact, the Windows Media Player has better support for some video formats, such as the MKV format used by many camcorders. Playback in VLC players tends to lag while I get pretty smooth playback with Windows Media Player 12.

VideoLAN VLC Media player is my favorite.It supports all types of audio and video files.Moreover,it's an opensource.Support opensource to get quality oriented open free media player.The latest version is also awesome.Enjoy downloading it from VideoLAN Website

This poll is outdated and so is the thread, which has been resurrected :P The top spot surely goes to VLC and although there are people who loyally use the old Windows Media Player, those who want to enjoy their playback will definitely go for VLC.