xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Swearing At Disabled People disabled people should be treated normally

Okay before I go any further with my rant, I'd just like to say that I am NOT in ANY way prejudice against handicapped people in ANY way.Alright so there is this girl named Maria who goes on my bus. She's just like any normal seventh grade girl. Only she has some deformity in her spine curvature which renders her unable to stand up straight, but she can still walk and she is other wise normal in every single way.So my rant is about this: one day I was talking with my friend about this one guy who really pisses me off, and then Maria overheard us and was like , "Michelle you're such a biatch" only she used the real word. So then I'm like, "okay whatever" and i resume talking. Me and Maria have been a good terms, we've never had any beefs but lately she's been kind of mean to me, like calling me "stupid" or "retarded". And she only says that because she knows I can't say anything back to her because she's disabled. So one day she called me stupid and then I was like "shut up, maria".Now she told everyone and now everyone hates me because I said "shut up" to a disabled person. People are so ignorant! If handicapped people want to be treated like normally abled people so badly, then this situation should be no different. This other girl was like "how could you say that to a cripple?!"Now that is more insulting to Maria than what I said. People are just so stupid.

Grrrr.... that makes my blood boil... then again, you did put a warning. It's horrible when people do stuff like that just to get attention! Just because they feel special, doesn't mean they should do whatever they want! Did you try talking to her about it? It will probably do no good to the people she tattled to because the damage has already been done... But at least you get to confirm things with her... *fumes* There's a thing called limit... and she's abusing the patience of people just because it will seem really bad if they start to fight back.

Some people on this Earth are so incredibly stupid. Just because a person has a disability doesn't make them better that anyone. If they insult a person, the person has the right to defend themself.This makes me wonder if anyone knows that she was mean to you in the first place. Telling them she was mean first might just make you look meaner so I wouldn't recommend saying "She said something to me first." Hopefully, they will catch her for who she really is.

Thats seems abit unfair for you, i think she only told people that you said it to get some sympathy and to turn people on you, maybe you should try being nice to her around other people so they dont think that you hate her or something. I saw the same thing happen at school a couple of years ago, well except the kid wasnt disabled. He had been telling the teacher kids were mean to him and they were as he stabbed people in the back and one day everyone was nice to him and the teacher was behind him and he had no idea, so he bagged these other kids and the teacher realised he was just looking for attention and making it look as though he was all sad and defenceless. Anyway, i hope you get it sorted out and people realise that theres more to your story than what she said.

i hate people that treat people different because they have a disability, it doesn't make them any less of a person, and they should be treated the same as everyone else. If they are mean they deserve to be told to shut up.

As a Hockey Referee, we are required to take a Clinic each year to review the rules, re-learn the positioning procedures, etcetera. One portion of the 'etcetera' includes new policies that they have implemented. A few years ago, about three, there was a big emphasis on handling problems with Players and Coaches that were not behaving properly and the guidelines are really quite simple. "Treat disrespect with Respect" When a Player or Coach argues with you or starts name-calling, the expected response is to behave as if you are talking to the Pope or somebody as esteemed as the Pope. And it works very well. The reaction is amazing. After they just questioned your ancestry and your limited vision, the correct response is to say "Yes, sir, Mr Coach. I see where you may be correct in your opinion, but the call has been made, and we will play accordingly." Or something like that. Instead of using the same level of inappropriate behaviour, raise your respect factor above theirs and before you know it, they actually "respect" you for not lowering yourself to their level.

Are you the same person who posted another thread a while ago about some argument you got into cos somebody overhead you being nasty to someone on a bus? If so, do you see a pattern forming? Maybe you need to be a little bit more discrete about where and how you air your opinions.Granted the disabled girl is using her condition for an unfair advantage, but you wouldn't have the problem if you'd kept your opinions to yourself. Like my Mum used to say: "If you can't say something nice about someone...."

Are you the same person who posted another thread a while ago about some argument you got into cos somebody overhead you being nasty to someone on a bus? If so, do you see a pattern forming? Maybe you need to be a little bit more discrete about where and how you air your opinions.Granted the disabled girl is using her condition for an unfair advantage, but you wouldn't have the problem if you'd kept your opinions to yourself. Like my Mum used to say: "If you can't say something nice about someone...."

Actually, to defend myself, I was having a private conversation with my best friend, and i think everyone knows that teenage girls like to gossip. Its not like i was shouting at someone ten feet away from me. Maria was sitting in the seat in front of me, and she was obviously eavesdropping on me. She has no right to do that! I can talk smack about people if I want, especially if I'm having a quiet and private conversation with my best friend about a guy that I can't stand. So Tyssen, I believe you are wrong.

Are you the same person who posted another thread a while ago about some argument you got into cos somebody overhead you being nasty to someone on a bus?

I actually was going to say the same thing... even if the kid was listening in, maybe you should try to talk about more pleasent things while on the bus XD;But yeah, there was a kid like that in our school, too.. he would actually throw rocks and hit people and stuff, and none of the teachers really stopped him, because the 'poor kid' was disabled. We were all scared of him in elementary school, which is sad.. he never really did make any friends, even after he got a little less violent ^^;

And jlhaslip.. I think if someone replied that way to me, I'd assume they were being sarcastic or something, and it'd probably tick me off XD But it is better than being rude, you're right ^^

I hate swearing at others. But i cant avoid swearing when someone makes me burn with anger. But In all situations I'll never ever swear against a good Handicapped person. If person is Handicapped but if his character is also handicapped then there is no way me stopping from swearing against that person. It all depens on the people and their characters.

I am handicapped. When she said that you should have said, gee I thought you were like everyone else. Anyone else I would have told shut up too. DOnt you want me to treat you like everyone else? DOnt be sarcastic... go to her as a friend. A Lot of non handicapped people when they get angered by a handicapped go into psycho bable *BLEEP*. what ever. It is VERY easy to pop off opinions and judgments about situations that you have never been in. isn't it truthful to say that the handicapped girl has dealt with more bs from kids being ugly? Wouldn't you be hypersensitive? To be honest, when I was in school I was taunted very badly. I dealt with it. Things that you would go hey, that is not right about, I would deal with and never say a word. Approach her alone one day, and say I know you believe that I was mean to you because you were disabled. But I consider you to be just like everyone else. If I cant tell you something you don't like, without you assuming that its because of your disability then the only relationship we can have is pity or anger. I want to be your friend. You really don't need to sound apologetic or anything. But the sweeter you are, but direct. she will get point.

Been there done that, on the cursed at end. being disabled myself I have run into this problem many times in my life. So many think just because someone is disabled we are stupid or retarded. It's said how some people think of the handicapped. I can remember as a young kid. maybe 6 or 7 yrs old hearing a women say ( beeping kid shouldnt be allowed in school with my kid. what if he is infected with something ) yes really happend. that just goes to show you how close minded people are in this world. Best thing I learned was from my mother. the day that that lady said that of me and school. when the lady said that my mom just looked at here and said in a calm clear voice, Yes ma'am my son is infected with something. It's called a brain. something it seems as you don't have.

I know where you're coming from on that Echo....When I was in high school there were a lot of people who would sit around making fun of the "retarded" kids....And I was one of the few who actually went to visit those kids just because it's how I am. I like to learn.Pretty much I learned that those "retards" are smarter than nearly anyone else I know, and their only issues are that they have physical deformations. They also seem to enjoy life a lot more than "normal" people because they don't take everything for granted.It was a huge wake-up call for me, and I will never forget those times.

noth that is just what I like to hear. and your so right too. Myslef being disabled I also do that too. just this past thanksgiving and christmas I went to one of our local nursing home's where there are a lot of disabled young and old. I leanr more and more each time I go by there.