xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Unregistered 015

Trap17 Is Getting "overposted"... ...and I dont like it.

I've been here on Xisto for quite some time now. It has gained so many users that it became almost impossible to post.

I've simly run out of ideas, since everything I want to talk about, ask, answer... HAS ALREADY BEEN DISSCUSED SOMEWHERE! It frustrates me since I must collect my credits somehow!

When I first signed for this service I though it was GREAT but now...it annoys me a bit. I ran out of credit every now and then...

Right now I'm 11 credits minus and I don't like it at all. I'm considering writing a tutorial, but it just consumes too much time to do so, and it does not last long enough.

Acording to my calculations, if you want hosting on Xisto, you must spend at leas an hour posting!!! That's way too much for me, since I'm a colledge student, partially emolployed, and have no time at all.

Agrrrr! I HATE Xisto!

well you just have to find the right place to do it in, for instance, if you find someone who needs help and you know the answer give it to them even if others have allready answered it because your answer might be explained better or it might be the only one that can fix the problem, in the vent...you can post in here to peopels anger posts..like i am doing to yours...post your opinion. i do not find it too difficult to get hosting credits on here, it just depends on the length and cuality of your post...but you do make a good point that whenever you want to talk about somthng or write a tutorial there is one allready here, and so basicly the only places you can get credits from is like the vent, general talk, and hosted members areas...are you planning on staying here? or leaving? im just curious

Acording to my calculations, if you want hosting on Xisto, you must spend at leas an hour posting!!!

I assume you mean an hour a day. Yes, you are right. It is becoming increasingly difficult to think of unique things to post about. I find it much easier to use the "View New Posts" link and then contribute to other people's posts. There are so many new posts every day, it's not hard to find one that you have some thoughts about, like this one for example. :P

Most of us are busy to some extent, it's a matter of balancing your time between what you consider to be important. If you think your hosting account here is important enough to you, you will find the time to post. Once you have your credits up to a reasonable level, it's not hard to keep it at that level, you only need to post enough to earn one credit a day. The trick is be consistent, then you won't have a problem. :lol:

EDIT: This short post just earned me 1.04 credits and took about 5 minutes, I don't need to post any more today if I don't want to.
Edited by Avalon (see edit history)

Is there another avenue of topics that we can venture into? When you say you ran out of ideas I have hard time believing that since I know you're much more capable. :lol: That's like saying what you have poured out your thoughts into this forum and that is the total essence of you.Besides computers, entertainment, games and general talk if you'd like to suggest a whole new subject to talk about I welcome your ideas. Are you a movie watcher? Would you like to start a full movie review--as suggested by few moderators?

but for the movie reviews wouldn't that be under entertainment aka no post count recieveing no credits..etc?? but i would think it would be a good ideal if we get credits for it

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

I generally feel bad posting if I dont have something really unique to say.. normally in forums I'm a lurker. But around here.. I guess I have to say something eventually. I spend forever lurking until I finally find a thread where I have some unique input.... and then no one reads it because it seems like everyone else is just reading the first post and hitting 'Reply' so they can get their credits and move on ^^;But oh well.. sometimes the topics are interesting to read... there's certainly never a lack of new threads XD;

Trap17 does not have too many posts if you read topics you have already posted in. In many cases people will use topics to talk about their own experience or problem that falls into the same category. If they do this you can reply to their post instead of the original topic starters post. Some days there are better topics than others but there is always enough new topics for you to learn something new and keep your hosting. Xisto is diverse enough to offer different topics all the time. Also, when you come here don't look for a place to post because you have to so you can keep your hosting. That will make it even harder to find a good topic. Come to let your voice be heard among thousands of people.

I've been here on Xisto for quite some time now. It has gained so many users that it became almost impossible to post.

I've simly run out of ideas, since everything I want to talk about, ask, answer... HAS ALREADY BEEN DISSCUSED SOMEWHERE! It frustrates me since I must collect my credits somehow!

When I first signed for this service I though it was GREAT but now...it annoys me a bit. I ran out of credit every now and then...

Right now I'm 11 credits minus and I don't like it at all. I'm considering writing a tutorial, but it just consumes too much time to do so, and it does not last long enough.

Acording to my calculations, if you want hosting on Xisto, you must spend at leas an hour posting!!! That's way too much for me, since I'm a colledge student, partially emolployed, and have no time at all.

Agrrrr! I HATE Xisto!

I find that not EVERYTHING has already been discussed, but close to everything. As someone else said, if you need to post, click View New Posts at the top of any page, and I'm sure that you'll be able to find something to talk about. As far as writing tutorials, I have no advice, except to make it yourself, as opposed to copying. Ive been with the Trap since November, and I love it (to an extent). Also, see this topic of mine: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/34288-topics-that-annoy-me-millions-of-replies-waste-of-time/.

yeah i seen that alot so like most people i just add anything that someone might have missed.On the topic of tutorials yeah that even harder to do when all you have to do is just search it and you have it right their, for me though the tuts that I put upwhat i do is find a few ideas and then mix them all together in one shot and then tweak it in a away so its unique. Also when you do one by scratch you have to get all the resources ready and then debug it just to make it work smoothly.Also heres a hint for some instant credits do a meaningful welcom to new members who post a introduction in the intro forum you get a few credits with that.

Man I also have found it sometimes harder to make new posts not because there isn't anything left to talk about but I think I have grown to lazy lol. People make new topics and posts everyday. All I do is look at the newest topics or posts and see if I can make a reply. You can also check back at old topics and see if someone has replyed to you disagreeing with you or something and you can add on or something. You can always pull up a news page and make a small summary of an article. It is easier than a tutorial.

Agrrrr! I HATE Xisto!

well i gotta love the freedom of speech here when some can say they hate this place, but i hate when people can say they hate this place while still logging on to the system. it just doesn't make any sense.

what else doesn't make sense is that a college student has nothing to write about. that's like saying you should never date because eventually you will run out of things to say.

from my understanding, Xisto takes a credit a day to host your site. you say it takes an hour a day or an hour a month? i just spent 2 minutes posting this and i probably got 2 days credit.

please keep up your posts so that i can always have something to respond to and talk about....thank you :(

i have advice for people who want to complain. don't see this as a chore. if you do, you don't belong here. see this place as a community. if you don't want to talk or make a couple friends, you don't belong here. where do you go if you don't belong here? pay $15 a month to any hosting providor. heck, Xisto even offers free hosting without even posting a darn thing! they just place a small banner on the top of your page.
am i understanding this wrong???

what the heck is there to hate with ANY FREE SERVICE?!?

i have the same problem with everyone.... i used to keep my hosting credits at 40+.. right now.. after one hour of posting.. i managed to get it up to 30 points... I had to force myself to say something when writing up a post. .but i'm pretty sure most of the main points that i said is already stated by someone else that posted before me... but then i guess that can't be helped.from what i noticed... ever since the forum was upgraded ... the amount of points you get for the lenght of the post is lesser than before... And i noticed some repeated thread...well.. i don't want to sound like a newb by complaining.. .but.. is it possible to increase the number of points for the lenght of posts?

it is possible to increase the number of points for the quality of the post but you would have to bring that up with OpaQue in the suggestion board...but the admins said earlyer in the shoutbox that they are open for suggestions on what kind of content to put up on the site...like what kind of discussion boards etcc could they put up so its not so hard to post..post suggestions in the suggestion board located HERE

Also heres a hint for some instant credits do a meaningful welcom to new members who post a introduction in the intro forum you get a few credits with that.

Welcoming newbies is fun... some people are really interesting in the way that they say (type XD) things. If I find someone with a creative intro thread, the rest of their posts seem to be fun, too. I find lots of interesting threads while 'stalking' people ^^~

I'd have to agree with the majority of the people here. I browse Xisto a lot longer than I used to and it continually gets harder to find a topic where you believe your input has value and you're able to post a substantial amount to gain hosting credits. I believe also that more forums have no post count and no hosting credits attributed to them than at the beginning. I know I used to get a lot of credits from the GFX forums but now that's not happening. Obviously if you are desperate you can always share some prose you've written (of any sort), and post it up, as I've seen others do. There's no issue as you've written it, and it gives a nice boost especially if it's a long piece. Plus I don't mind reading people's works :(