xisto Community
clouds421

How Many Hours Do You Sleep?

I usually sleep around 8-10 hours a day (Weekends & Weekdays). I make sure that I get good sleep because its really hard to concentrate in school if I get any less than 8 hours of sleep a day. :rolleyes:@mberlust: Do you still feel refreshed with 5-6 hours of sleep a day or is it that you cant sleep but you need it?

Edited by Paul (see edit history)

Oooh man, I sleep not long enough! I guess you need 6 - 8 hours of sleep right? Hmmm maybe I can get to the 5 hours sleep. I dont know whats the matter with me. I cant fall a sleep before midnight. And after midnight I always get hungry, soo I go make something to eat, which takes time. Then I just do something until I really feel tired. So I always go to bed at like, 02:00 AM orsomething. Its no good I know. I almost sleep through my alarmclock all the time, and come too late for school. So Im always in a hurry in the morning. Its silly really. I guess my biological clock is just messed up. But gosh how hard it is too get it right ahahah, im so used too getting little sleep and go to bed late.

Ugh...I should be asleep right now. My sleeping habits are so screwed up its sad. Some days I stay up until 4:00 in the morning and get up at 10:00 in the morning. Others I sleep in until 3:00 in the afternoon and go to bed at 12:00.

Edited by Madkat-Z (see edit history)

Ok on weekdays I sleep about 5 hours and on weekends including public olidays about 9-12 hours. I dont get tired during the day though and usually am too energetic and awake to go to sleep most weekdays.

Well , I very nice and intresting topic. Infact ? I love sleeping . And allmost its my hobby .Because , I think so it?s only the way to make be happy by dreaming and the deeds which any any can?t do can only be done while sleeping in dreams. Means? romance with any one. :rolleyes: And there are no limits . I sleep for allmost 9 to 10 hours daily . in working days I sleep minimum for 7 huors but at weekened I increases my sleeping hours to 10 hours . But I can?t understand one thing why I get so pleasure while sleeping?! :lol:

I usually sleep around 8-10 hours a day (Weekends & Weekdays). I make sure that I get good sleep because its really hard to concentrate in school if I get any less than 8 hours of sleep a day. :rolleyes:
@mberlust: Do you still feel refreshed with 5-6 hours of sleep a day or is it that you cant sleep but you need it?

I don't feel refreshed at all. My doctor says I need at least 8-9 hours of sleep. Since I only get 5-6, I feel like I could fall asleep, but my active mind won't let me.

over the past week or so (since ive graduated) ive been getting about 2-4 hrs of sleep, and strangely i have even MORE energy than when i was getting 7-9 hrs each night. granted, im not really doing much besides siting on the comp from midnight-6/7am, but still it strikes me a bit weird that i can be awake all night and all day withoug getting tired :\ maybe theres something wrong with me :'(

over the past week or so (since ive graduated) ive been getting about 2-4 hrs of sleep, and strangely i have even MORE energy than when i was getting 7-9 hrs each night. granted, im not really doing much besides siting on the comp from midnight-6/7am, but still it strikes me a bit weird that i can be awake all night and all day withoug getting tired :\ maybe theres something wrong with me :'(

Graduated from what? College? Usually i get 7 hours of sleep 12am -7am, but the night before tests 5 hours 2am-7am.

With all the work that my teachers pail on me, I'm lucky if i even get 5 hours of sleep. most nights I go to sleep from anywhere from 1am to 3am. I stayed up last night until like 2am doing my project. But I'm getting used to it by now, I can't even have 8 hours of straight sleep now.

nah i wish it was college, i just graduated highschool but still, i dont care to sleep anymore, i dont have any freetime otherwiselife is all busy busy busy ( im working full time, and i have a kid on the way ) so giving up sleep is the only way that im able to go online or anything :S

Has anyone tried to hack their sleep?Well thats what they called it when I first got in to it. Then I began researching a lot on it and though there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of information on the internet, there is just what one needs to fulfill all the questions that may arise.Its a method were you change your whole "monophasic" sleeping method into another one called "polyphasic" or "ubermann". Another variation that is almost the same is the "biphasic" method used by the Spanish people. But the polyphasic sleep method is much more complicated. It consists of dividing your day in groups of 4 hours and just sleeping 30 mins. between them (investigations by the NASA concluded that 26 minutes is the optimum amount of sleeping between the 4 hour period). That leaves you with like 21 hours of the day and just 3 to sleep. It is said that people like Leondardo Da vinci and some others whom I dont remember their names right now, used this or a variation of this method. You also have to eat a healthy meal after every nap, because your body is like a car and if you are going to keep up with this method your going to need a lot of fuel, your mind gets enough from this 30 rest, because when you take the 30 min. nap, your brain takes full advantage of the nap and goes straight to Rem sleep, (phase 5 of sleep) which is what is really important to the brain while you sleep.Im not going to post any more about it, YOU must investigate everything there is to investigate about it, the possible dangers, how you are going to build your schedule.Personally Ive tried it twice and failed on both times. The main reason that will make you fail is that the whole world would be going against you since it is monophasic in its entirety. But, it is a great method to use whenever you need the time to complete your life projects, people like your mom, girlfriend, etc. will be your main enemies when you start to use this method, so discretion is advised.Good luck and take care. Remember that not sleeping is sort of like going against nature.Just realized that someone just posted about Steve Pavlina :)

Edited by FLaKes (see edit history)