xisto Community
badinfluence

Which Bulletin Board System Is Best For You? e.g..,IPB,phpBB,punbb

Phpbb is free, but not many of good stuff that vB and IPB have. I would reccomened IPB or vB, though I have never used VB, and this site runs on IPB. So I say IPB is the best get it at InvisionPower.com, and there is a free 12hr demo of it.

Well you want free forums then here is my review on them1> SMFPretty cool and fast form. Need to upload it and has one link installer like no one else. Just upload one file and open it in your browser it will do the downloading. If you want revenue sharing from advertisements then i think that smf is pretty good. You have all good cash mods etc.2>MybbIt's a nice BBS with quite good themes and templates. But the only problem there is the scarcity of mod creators. They are so few and some charge you for the mod download which is totally their right to do so. They are pretty good in taking advantage of monopoly. So other mods have link broken in their website so must they are not that active. But easy to install and fast to use.Well these are the two that have been useful for me and i think that i will stick to them.Vbulletin is the best from what i have heard but you have to pay some 100$ i think for it. I think i repeat. But i am pretty sure it is not for free

I like and I use "Invision Power board 2.6"

100% Legal, 100% Not free you will need to buy a licence. Otherwise you can get it free by downloading illegal (Don't do it your forum will be found and shutdown)

The ultimate forum, the one that is the best is IPB Paid Version, try it out check it out, and look at all the successful IPB Forums, its clean, simple and has all the features you need. There are so many skin designers, and the layout is much cleaner than vB or myBB. myBB has a lack of mods or themes so its not that great other than the ease of use. phpBB3 is one of the best free ones, its clean and simple to use in the beginning, lack of good themes without integrations or pay is the problem, along with modding is rather difficult for newcomers. I would also Vanilla the forum software by Lusumo is pretty good, because of its speed and the fact it has set up autopages for it that are pretty good to use. The best overall for a successful site is IPB, because in my opinion vB that hasn't been truly developed and changed doesn't look that amazing.

I would like to know which one is good for me to use..I came across the IPB is quite famous..But it needs to buy:(help me to post your review of which bulletin board system is good, the differences and how can i get that stuff (wether need to buy or free download url) rolleyes.gif
Perhap, i did love the army system very much biggrin.gif

thks
bi

I am running phpbb and its running very smooth.

In my opinion, its the best board is you do not have money to buy Vb!

VBulletin has got many cool features which I think are vital to online communities and it's more stable.

I would rate IPB after Vb then Invison

Lol. look at the forum your posting in right now.
This is Invision Power Board!!!
ohhh my
did I let the kittie out of the bag? :)

But there is a free version of IPB It's called InvisionFree

InvisionFree (also known as IF) is a free Internet forum software created by Zathyus Networks. It was founded in September, 2002, and uses a modified version of the Invision Power Board (IPB) 1.3 forum software. InvisionFree is owned and operated by Brandon Kopetzky.
According to its terms of service, InvisionFree does not restrict forums on the basis of post, topic, or member number, nor bandwidth, nor will forums be deleted for inactivity. Google AdSense is the sites main source of revenue; however, users may pay InvisionFree to remove ads from their site, or to make more space available for file uploads.

InvisionFree boards are subject to several limitations, though; among them are the inability of the administrator to access the MySQL database directly or to access the board's filesystem via FTP.

InvisionFree bases its design on skinning, using only CSS and Javascript to design the board. While many would consider this a very limited form of design, thousands of skins have been created just for this software. The design of the upcoming ZetaBoards is similar, however has unique classes and a completely different coding system.

I think they want you to use their servers but I think you can also download it and install it on your own server.

If you want to pay for a board then I really like IPB its easy to use and easy to modify

The ultimate forum, the one that is the best is IPB Paid Version, try it out check it out, and look at all the successful IPB Forums, its clean, simple and has all the features you need. There are so many skin designers, and the layout is much cleaner than vB or myBB. myBB has a lack of mods or themes so its not that great other than the ease of use. phpBB3 is one of the best free ones, its clean and simple to use in the beginning, lack of good themes without integrations or pay is the problem, along with modding is rather difficult for newcomers. I would also Vanilla the forum software by Lusumo is pretty good, because of its speed and the fact it has set up autopages for it that are pretty good to use. The best overall for a successful site is IPB, because in my opinion vB that hasn't been truly developed and changed doesn't look that amazing.

IPB is by far the best and I have been using it for quite some time now. And as said the paid version is really the one you should go for. There are some tweaking that you may need and the support that you get from the paid service is excellent.
The thing about IPB that I noticed first was while I used it as dummy using a nulled copy. Though the nulled copy was full fledged but with absolutely no support it was a bit difficult to intrgreate with the portal.

Others likr phpBB3 are good but then are a bit slow. I now use a paid version of IPB and get regular updates aswell.

i think IPB is the best, it has nice skin, good plugin, friendly lookingvbulletin may be the best for plugins, mods, security, and other stuff, but it just not too friendly for the newbie like me. and not to mention about the vbulletin's theme out there, they are seem to be just the same template with modified pictures :)