xisto Community
badinfluence

Which Bulletin Board System Is Best For You? e.g..,IPB,phpBB,punbb

I personally move towards PHPBB.Of course vBulletin is one of the best boards you can get for Modding and doing anything you want with it, but its really not a FanSite board its more for the Businesses.IPB in my opinion is a piece of s**t its got some of the worst modding features, and is a cramped looking forum software.No for some softwares you may have not heard of OpenBB (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) is something that would be suggested for small websites for its basic design and the tools you can play with to make it what you want. Is like PHPBB and vBulletin put together.whatever you want its all up to you there are heaps of forum softwares out there. If I wasnt running phpBB I would certainly go more towards the OpenBB!Good Luck!

Youre right alperuzi about the pro stuff with forums.vB is a very good board , the best and bug-free board around.Its also got its own complete language , so mods are easyer to code (you must learn vB code though).IPB is cheaper though , but has less mods.The good thing about PHPBB is , that its open source , so you can optimise your board very easily (you must know PHP and HTML though).PHPBB is the best to start off , but when you're gonna pay anyway , I'd save up a bit more and buy vB

badinfluence you can install IPB 1.2 for free at your cpanel
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Yes Vbulletin is the best.. it does cost alot but its awesome.. the features and mods in it are awesome...

yo :)

ah humm :P there r lot of boards out there hummm... thks for the post..
i'll sure check it out Mercury...thou....
now running phBB as preinstaller....
again, i'm numb <_< as i didnt know that ipb1.2 as preinstall....
thks for da quote...

bi

I really like Invision Power Boards. I think they are the best, a lot of people told me they are more user-friendly than phpBB, and I'd have to agree. The Admin Control Panel, has more features or is much better organized than phpBB Control Panel and I'm also used to IPB, the only set back is that Invision is starting to charge people for IPB boards.Just my two cents <_<.

Can someone recommend me any forum software besides phpbb? I would like FREE please. But if you know some links where to download forum softwares that are not free, but I can download it for free, just reply.thanks.