xisto Community
badinfluence

Which Bulletin Board System Is Best For You? e.g..,IPB,phpBB,punbb

przemo (modified version of phpbb), phpbb, or if you want your website to look professional, use the latest version of IPB or vBulletin. I have the latest version of the two, licensed. If you want, just reply or PM me. I will send it to you for free.

enjoy...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im sure its illegal to now distribute the forums as they now must have a lisence. Please, dont distribute them.

The problem with some of the PHPBB pre-modified boards is that they have some modifications that you dont want, it slows your board down alot.My vote is with VBulletin although the price... lol

I use IceBB (icebb.net). It's being developed by some developers that used to work for Invision but decided to break off when IBP went comercial. It is a very great board.

My favorite is MyBB, its got all the great features of every board, mostly vBulliten, phpBB and IPB, and its FREE!
https://mybb.com/

Ya I use MyBB as well. I really like it because it is really similar to IPB which is what I originally wanted but couldn't afford. I like the style and everything is very easy to change like the style and what not. It's really handy in the long run because it's got all the qualities of all boards even paid ones put into one for free. I think it's probably your best bet.

Nah, its far from similar to vBulletin and IPB forums... Paid boards are still paid boards... And if you look through all the new features that those paid boards are offering right now, you'll know the huge differences in them!! Currently, vBulletin lastest version is 3.6 and IPB lastest is 2.1.7...

vBulletin 3.6
IPB 2.1
IPB 2.1.7 update

I agree with Protoman. I've tried other types of boards but I am so very happy with SMF. When they make an update, they give you a notice right in your admin panel. Two clicks and you've upgraded. Installing mods is just as easy. You rarely have to look through your code to change anything. (Less of a chance of messing things up!)They've got a friendly and helpful community, as well. They solve any problems you might run into really fast.

well the best one for me has definately been the phpbb boards. they are the ones I can afford to have, since they are free. but if I really had the money to spend I would definately choose IPB or even VBulletin. as they rank to be the best ones out there.

All of the bulletins are great but the only thing is,is the template selection.If we don't have a FTP client its kinda hard to add templates that fit our needs.(Just my Opinion)Sincerly,iVTEC