xisto Community
JaVe

Notice! About Your Signatures And Avatars READ. THIS CAN BE AFFECTING YOUR ACCOUNT

yeah thats where i host my images at photobucket and if it was a quick thing imageshack, but sadly though in order for me to do my sig rotator i have to have my images on my account and then some.

prodigy,you are the group of "unregistered"?i have noticed the problem long ago,i erased the avatar and image on my signature.now I am tring to build the new forum on my site just with text but no images,(the same as the Xisto's,like "New Topic" " Reply ",so so).This not only speeding the load time,but also discrease the bandwidth of my account.It was built by punbb,which the designing based on the xhtml 1.0 stict and css layouts.

Prodigy (I believe) was an ex-admin of Xisto but his account has been inactive for such a long time that the member pruning script removed his account.This may be an old topic but it is still relevant to today.

yeah it is a old topic i saw the saw october so i was like huh how did he post in here and thus saw the 2004. yeah for me im in a situation of having my images on my site and on a image hosting i could pm everyone with the new url hmmm. maybe i should do that save up on bw and change the scripts around just a bit.will take some time but will be fixed.

I use Simpload (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). It's free, and has unlimited bandwidth. I use it for my sig pic and avatar, and I haven't had a problem since day 1. It also gives you the HTML and BBcode to quickly make use of it. One small bottleneck: You have to renew the hosting of a certain file after something like 100 days; just log in to the site, check the Extend time box for each shortly expiring picture, and click process.

i use imageshack for image hosting. its pretty good. i uploaded all my sigs on there. also, imagedump is good. i tried it and it is a decent image hosting server. thanks for the tip. nobody wants to lose their bandwith, especially me with a future bandwith of an estimated 50 people per day when completed.

Review this post http://forums.xisto.com/topic/3275-notice-about-your-signatures-and-avatars-read-this-can-be-affecting-your-account/ by OpaQue.

I have noticed more and more signatures are either missing an image or getting too large!

Xisto forum gallery is very suitable for holding your signature images. Please, please use it! What better way to show your excellent sigs with Xisto forum gallery hosting. When I find your signature missing an image I will remove it from your sig. Forum sig is a privilege and not a right. Do use them and let no image be broken or showing.

This leads me to my next issue: do not, and I repeat do not exceed your signature total height. I have been sending out messages to those who have extremely huge and cluttered signatures. The forum will allow you to place quick and useful links/images but it is not intended to "advertise" all your hobbies, links, quotes etc. I would love to see all your sigs. But do use some measure of caution.

I am getting really worried that your post is short and your sig is super huge. So this is your warning. Either make your every post as long as your sig or limit the total area of your sig. Please make sure that your post is not short, brief or one liner.

If you feel you want to reorganize your signature but not quite sure how to take advantage of board's bbcodes, please feel free to PM me or any moderators/members.

Thank you.

I never thought that could happen before. Then again I never really had problems with Bandwidth either because my site never really got big. Luckily I don't use images in my signature at the moment anyway because otherwise I'd have some trouble. Maybe I'll have to start hosting my images on Photobucket or something becuase I put my images up on other forums I go to because I make them for people at my clan's forum and they all use it. In fact one of them is a banner. I might have to change the location if it becomes a problem.

Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

PhotoBucket is the best in my opinion. Piccodle or ImageShack aren't that great since they delete your images, after a bit and they have limited bandwith. PhotoBucket on the other hand gives you unlimited bandwith and you can upload them and organize them well. Since I am not avid fan of DeviantArt thats why I have my own PhotoBucket to use as my personal location for signatures instead of large art. I find that you won't finish its bandwith I believe even thought they claim its unlimited, there is some level of a limit. Avatars are done by ourselves, anyway so its not a problem since Trap hosts our avatars, they aren't that big anyway.