xisto Community
gameratheart

The Matter Of Hosting Credits Got a question? Find the answers

I've Question bout the hosting credt. now I've been hosted with 20Mb space type hosting. and if I want to upgrade my hosting, to became default hosting (50 mb hosting), how many cedits I should collect? is it 30 credits, or 20 credits (because we already have 10 credit before) tahnkyou for Your Answer :)

To my knowledge , you have to collect 30 Credits in order to get the second package. And I think it is true , because if you was more patient before then you have to get only 30 Credits but not , you want to be hosted right away so that 30 are good and it is fair for another members :P

I found out the hard way that the upgrade cost the same as a fresh start, so if you want to eventually end up with the 150Meg package, save your credits until you have 30 - 35 then apply.

I'd like to thank the mods for dealing with some extra points that have been popping up. I have also been reciving a lot of user input recently, and so have modified the original post to reflect some more commonly asked-about points.

Cool, all this time here and I just found out that there is a bank and that you can award people with credits. Thats awesome, it would be cool if we all award people who help us out with problems of any kind. Kind of like reputation or something.

They are your points to use as you see fit. Couple of points about Transfer of Credits, though:1. Only allowed between Hosted members.2. You must have a minimum of 30 Credits remaining in your account AFTER the transfer or the transfer fails to go through.3. There is a small percentage fee for transfers (3%)Other than that, feel free to award credits to whomever you wish to thank for answering your questions or helping you out.

The other day, I had like 5 credits, and now I have negative 5! I'm pretty sure it hasn't been 10 days since my last post. Does anyone know why it would do that?

It's been covered numerous times in our forum. Please refer to Xisto Readme for clarification.Either you have replied to a spam post or your posts were deemed discreditable. I have been urging and warning members not to reply to post/topic that is spam to our forum. When the spam topic is purged it is you, who replied, will suffer. That's why the board features REPORT instead of replying to the thread--"you're spamming."This is the last time a notification will be made by administrators of this forum: Do not indulge, cater or encourage spam topics. This includes making a reply to a spam post, trying to amplify what obviously is a spam topic with your own interest (i.e. "I don't know what you mean but could you clarify your statement? I mean I know a lot about the subject you're having difficulties but your post made no sense when I read it. Please reply with additional info" <-- this is an example of empty contribution) Use the REPORT and let a moderator deal with the spam post. Do not contact any moderator and proclaim that you did not know regarding spam post handling. You are falsifying if you say so since you digitally signed in the application form that you have read and understood our forum rules. It is your job as a member of Xisto forum to know and be updated with the latest regulations/changes of the board.Finally, if you feel that your hosting credits ARE, in fact, having a discrepancy please document your regression by doing a screen capture and please let me know. Capture your hosting credit screen daily about the same time and forward them to my PM.Thank you.

I think that the whole posting credits thing is a good idea. I try to make sure I get one or two extra days in each working day to keep me ticking over as I'm not often on the computer over the weekend. I do worry for when I have holidays but I suppose devoting an hour of my time to making posts is worth it. There is just that wee feeling that because you HAVE to do it it feels like work and therefore the forums aren't quite as enjoyable.I'm a member of a couple of different forums and the reason I can't quite get into this one I think is down to the sheer amount of different forums and sub forums that there are. It's all a little overwhelming.I'm enjoying it though and happy to be a member of Xisto.

I've just seen this post right now (i've been on holidays :XD:). It has been explained lot of times but looks like everything explained together is the best way to avoid infinite questions about it. By the way I didn't know about the bank either :)

This might sound nooby but i was thinking that since I may want to apply for the domain name, I need to keep a check on my credits. But im kind of facing this confusion. Since im turned to hosted, my hosting credit part now shows in days of inactivity i can have. Is that number the same as credits? and I have to get 280 days to apply for the domain plan? If not then where are the credits part mentioned? Thanks in advance for clarification.

Yes, the number of days of hosting you have is exactly the same as credits. If you want to apply for a free domain name then you need 280 days of hosting stored up, and you'll lose 250 days of that when you get your domain.

Well stop the newbie bashing because I've been trying to find out if I can get notice when I am low on credits and guess what... I am tired of reading the same thing over and over about how many credits you need and how you can bank credits and how people don't read instructions. I still haven't found the answer if it is out there, I can't find it.Information is hard to find in a forum based site. It's like we all share the same office and thousands of us use yellow sticky notes all over the walls so you can't find anything anymore.

Well stop the newbie bashing because I've been trying to find out if I can get notice when I am low on credits and guess what... I am tired of reading the same thing over and over about how many credits you need and how you can bank credits and how people don't read instructions. I still haven't found the answer if it is out there, I can't find it.
Information is hard to find in a forum based site. It's like we all share the same office and thousands of us use yellow sticky notes all over the walls so you can't find anything anymore.

As far as I know there is nothing in place for being told that your low on credits, the best way to know your low on credits is on the index page or when your sites get suspended. That is why its always good to have a good amount of hosting credits just in case you have to go somewhere, the usual good amount is 10-15 credits but I recommend 1-2 months worth. Also if you don't have the time to post you can purchase hosting credits as well by click here. Hopefully that helps.

Top Nav Bar. Right hand side. where it says 'Credits'.

Everything you need to know about credits, but were afraid to ask.

The reason you are having difficulty finding a way to be notified when your account is low on credits is because it doesn't exist and it is your responsibility to know the status of your account. There is no 'early warning system'. There would have been some information around if that system was in effect.

Continue to check on the Index page.