xisto Community
gameratheart

The Matter Of Hosting Credits Got a question? Find the answers

Many members ask about the matter of hosting credits. Xisto staff have explained hosting credits clearly on the site, but if you're not paying attention, have any questions, or need more, here are some points that will answer your questions.

Due to a few user comments, I have had to add a few more points, and edited some previous points to be a bit more clearer. This is in addition to the additions mods have made to the posts, which I greatly thank you for.

1. READ THE FORUMS BEFORE YOU POST A CREDIT QUESTION!!! How many times have the Admins of Xisto explained hosting credits? And yet, many of you STILL ask questions! :D

Xisto has an FAQ for Hosting Credits: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6147-posting-activity-rule-automated-hosting-script-know-about-how-this-system-works/

2. Contrary to popular belief, you CAN transfer hosting credits to one another, if you are HOSTED. If you wish to do this, go to https://support.xisto.com/ and tell us your Username, Password, the Username of who the credits should go to, and the amount of credits. All transfers will fail, however, if you are not left with more than 30 credits afterwards.

Note: You CANNOT reverse a credit trade, and there is a commison charge. Also, hosting credits ONLY transfers between hosted members, and you CANNOT transfer hosting credits from Xisto to Xisto (or vice versa). No exceptions to these rules will ever be made.

3. DO NOT ask members to give you credits! :( This will simply annoy most people. Credits should only be given to members who are loyal, kind and helpful, and it is the choice of any member to give you credits. If you REALLY need more, do a few good posts! Or maybe participate in a competition, there are loads around! Just don't resort to begging, it won't be good for ya. :(

4. When you are HOSTED and have more than 30 Credits, you can place them into the BANK. You do this in the same way as explained in step 2, with the person you are sending the question to being BANK (all capitals). The bank will keep the credits so you can award them to people without having to tax them. There is a 3% commision charge on doing this, however.

5. And NO, the bank is NOT a way to gain more credits! It simply acts a storage place for credits that you intend to give to someone else as a prize or reward.

6. If you REALLY, REALLY don't think you can keep up the credits needed to keep your website up, then buy some! A while ago, Xisto introduced a system to allow you to buy hosting time, at $10 (about Ł5.12 GBP, or €7.58 Euros, correct at time of print) for 6 months, up to two years. This is not an excuse to stay inactive, however!

Thanks for reading this. I just want to help, and I hope I have not upset anyone.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

Thanks for pointing this out. explaining credits over and over does get quite annoying.I'm ganna pin this for a while.

Ya thanks for posting that I will just have people sent here when they want to learn about credits because they really don't read anything until they figure out they can't get by without reading it.

Ya thanks for posting that I will just have people sent here when they want to learn about credits because they really don't read anything until they figure out they can't get by without reading it.

221752[/snapback]

Thanks to explaining this to me as well. I probably belong to the group to which all the IT helper shout: RTFM.

Sigh.

Thanks again for putting the manual up again. (-:

The credit system and posting stuff here can be confusing to new members at times but for the most part I don't understand how a member can be confused. Heck on the index page it pretty much tells members what they need to do in order to remain hosted, although if they aren't hosted they need to look around for an info thread...When I came around ages ago I picked things up automatically and didn't need much help. All it takes is a little searching and you'll find everything you need to look for...sometimes people are just so lazy...I've never done a credit transfer nor would I ever want to. People should earn their own credits and to give them away is wrong in my view. If you post and post and post then you've earned the right to be inactive over the given span, but if credits have been transferred to a member I don't feel its right for them to be able to be inactive...unless they paid for their credits. When I feel I don't have the time to be around anymore I'll just have to call it quits (although I doubt that'll ever happen) but if you have to scrap for credits by use of transfer then I don't believe you've earned the right to be/remain hosted...Just my thoughts, but good topic anyway...

The thing is that it's difficult to tell whether new members have read the rules thoroughly. As a result, we get a flood of questions here regarding that issue. The hosting credit system is pretty straight-forward, but at the beginning there may be some unexpected problems that a user has run into. (i.e. This happened, so what should I do next?)

Good post. Explains all the main things about credits. I don't think most people will even bother to read the forum rules, because they are pretty long. And most poeple would be lazy and not ready everything. So, I guess that's why some come to this forum and do dumb things.

I am glad you liked this post. I decided to post it when I got a PM begging for Hosting Credits, and I instantly knew it was gonna become a Pinned Topic. Seems I was right :(And while I'm on the matter of begging for Hosting Credits... I agree with elevenmil. I do not believe in giving credits, because after all, aren't we all here to EARN hosting???

I know even the Credit system is announced and posted everywhere.. many people seems to be unaware about it..

I know what you mean, UltimateStar. It's like people don't even notice the Credit System at all! In fact, just a few days ago, someone applied for hosting with only nine credits!

Also, as I said on another thread:

I recently got PMs saying that people don't understand the whole idea of the hosting credits system. But what's not to understand? You post a little, you help people out, you get a credit or two. And each credit is an extra day of hosting. Simple.

I start to wonder, do people nowadays actually read ANYTHING? It seems that way. That or people are just ignorant...

I have just one thing to say to these people: RTFM! (And if you don't know what RTFM means, go check a dictionary!)
Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

I've Question bout the hosting credt. now I've been hosted with 20Mb space type hosting. and if I want to upgrade my hosting, to became default hosting (50 mb hosting), how many cedits I should collect? is it 30 credits, or 20 credits (because we already have 10 credit before) tahnkyou for Your Answer :)

Well explained NDPA. Only a question... are you going to give me the credits you have earned for such a big post? :P I?m only joking, of course, hehe (but if you will... :P).In fact I didn?t know that someone can give credits to another one but it?s a good idea. This way I suppose that you can maintain somedbody else?s hosting while he is on holiday and when they get back he can do the same for you.RTFM!, the new Xisto slogan :)

I really wish you could transfer credits from Trap 17 to Xisto. Oh well... maybe in the future. I think this would be handy though.