xisto Community
gameratheart

The Matter Of Hosting Credits Got a question? Find the answers

Right now I've just noticed that I was negative on credits, because I had my computer out during a week because I had to format and reinstall everything... and I suppose thta I was low in credits specially after holidays. :P So now I have to make an extra effort, but it's ok for me. It's fair, you give something to the community, the community gives something to you.

I had 194 credits either yesterday or the day before. I should've lost 30 for my new hosting account. Yet it says I can only be inactive for 1.61 days. Shouldn't that number be bigger?

I had 194 credits either yesterday or the day before. I should've lost 30 for my new hosting account. Yet it says I can only be inactive for 1.61 days. Shouldn't that number be bigger?

As as been pointed out endless times, when you get your hosting account your credits are reset to around 2, no matter how many you had before. This ensures you don't earn hundreds before you get your account and then disappear and not post any more. You get 2 credits to keep you afloat while you earn some more once you're hosted.

As as been pointed out endless times, when you get your hosting account your credits are reset to around 2, no matter how many you had before. This ensures you don't earn hundreds before you get your account and then disappear and not post any more. You get 2 credits to keep you afloat while you earn some more once you're hosted.

Alright, thanks for the info. I still think it's unfair though. Either way the posting gets done. What's the difference between doing your posting before getting the account and then disappearing, and doing the posting after getting the account and then disappearing?

All someone has to do is know this fact and get their posting done after getting the account. All the rule serves to do, in my opinion, is punish those who didn't know about this rule, so that any posting done after getting to 10 or 30 credits is worthless before getting your account.
Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

thanks, I've been using Outlook to schedule a reminder alert but once something went wrongand it didn't work, by the time I looked at my credits my site was already down. I'll keep usingOutlook for now and suggest others do the same.jamers

Yesterday my hosting credit was about 1 month, but today I found them about 9 days. Can any one help me to find the reason please.

See here: http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?shoc=56867=

The Spam section of the forums was cleared out. Any topics that the staff deem to be spam get moved into this area of the forums. Yesterday it was cleared out, so anyone who had a post in there lost their credits for it. If you had made a spam topic, or replied to one, then you would have lost credits.

i'd like to know the above question also..and, 1 more question, sorry if this has been asked before.. i see in the hosting request page :"Credits will be RESET to 0 after application activation"so my question is, if my credits are 35, then after i request for hosting, how much will my credits be? 5 or 0 ?thanks

Once your hosting application has been accepted (If you have quality posts and moderators accept) your credits will be reset to 0, although when I was accepted/approved I had more then 30 credits. I had 35.21 credits or something like that, then they was reset back to 1.20. :)

But I'm sure they actually get reset to 0. :)

-Sky