xisto Community
hulunes

Do You Wear Glasses? how do you feel?

OK i have worn glasses / contacts since 3rd grade which makes it around 11 years now. To be honest im probably considered legally blind but looking at a computer does not cause bad eyesite. Yes, it can cause blurryness and if so just make sure you think about blinking more often. My eyes havent really changed recently and i stare at a computer more than ever now since i am a computer science student at college. Just make an effort and it wont bother you.

I used to wear glasses many years ago. Because I had gone cross eyed. But since then I have never worn glasses for a long-time.

Yes I wear eyeglasses and as much as possible use LCD screens for computing. luckily I am old enough that I have not had a lot of exposure to computer related eye strain. I did have one job where they had a failing CRT whereon the images were very blurry. OW! That was eye strain. I find it helps to be able to look somewhere else, not have flourescent lights and get exercise.

Don't ask me what exercise has to do with it. I just know my eyes felt better when I was running. Maybe circulation?

I am also a proponent of being far away from the television and I have not watched much in my life anyway. I think all these things act in my favor when I am faced wit using a CRT.

Someone probably has said this but there are filters you can buy that make it better (and more private too).

:( I just got my first prescription for bifocals. Haven't filled it yet, but after I give them a test run with the computer, maybe I'll come back to complain...

Yes, i wear glasses. I think i the 1st time i had glasses was when i was 7 because i was sitting too close to the tv lol. I was mad when i found out i had to wear them. I've never really been made fun of so it don't really bother, but other times i don't want them. Sometimes i wish i don't wear but other times don't really care.

I don't wear glasses but I kind of wish that I did. They make people look cool. I've been considering getting lenses with no hmm, whats it called? what glasses are made for :) Just so I could look suave :rolleyes:

ahaha.. i remembered when i was little.. .i really wanted to have glasses because i think it looks really cool.. and make you really smart looking.. .I probably had bad eye sight back then too. .but i probably couldn't tell the difference... when i entered middle school.. my doctor did an eye exam and he said i should get glasses.. so we went to the optomatist.... the first time i put on a pair of glasses.. i saw everything so clear.. it was like in another worold. .AHAHA. . that was in 7th gradeBut now.... i hate to wear them.. first is because i don't like my glasses. .because it was one of those cheap ones... second... i just don't think it matches with my face much anymore.. so i stopped wearing them.. only wear them in class when i have to look up in the board..... it's pretty sad how i broke my glasses and had to super clue them back togehter (nerdy ehh).. the good thing is i think i'm going to get a new pair soon.. .I'm going to try and convince my parents to let me have contact lenses..... they think it will damage your eyes and stuff (listen to their stupid and ignorance friends)

Why would contact lenses damage your eyes? lolAs if so many people would wear them if they were going to do something to their eyes, your parents are silly.I probably actually need glasses but I'm to lazy to get tested again :rolleyes:

I used to wear glasses, though I never really managed to keep on wearing them. My grade is pretty low though... Maybe a 50 on the left eye and a 25 on the other. I think it's gone up these years, but it's not enough to convince me to wear my glasses... I don't like the look of myself when wearing them, and for some reason, the lenses tickle my eyes... (I don't know how to explain the feeling)

Hello. Alredy I dont`t wear glasses, but when I was younger, I weared, and once I put it down, becase I obbserved, I dont need it. :rolleyes: Over and above, in my kindergarten every child had a glass, that kindergarten has only kids with glass. I should go to a doctor, becase it may I need a glass, and I don`t have one....

I've worn glasses since 5th grade, because I couldn't see the blackboard in class, and squinted a lot. I was told at the time that I needed them because I sat too close to the TV and read in dim light. I don't know if those reasons are still considered accurate or not. Of course, at the time, people thought harmful rays came from TVs, and it was bad to sit too close to them, lol. At first, I was told I only needed to wear my glasses so I could see at school, but I could see so much better with them, I started wearing them at home, too. Eventually, my eyesight got so bad that I started just wearing them all the time. I have been putting off getting a new eye exam for a few years now. The last time I went, I commented that I was having trouble reading with my glasses on, and usually took them off to read a book. They said I might need bi-focals, that I was borderline on that. So I got normal glasses and just take them off to read. But I'm afraid if I get another eye exam, they will say that I need bi-focals. I'm afraid I will look like an old woman if I wear them. I can read a computer screen better with my glasses on than I can with them off. Probably because I use 1024x768 screen resolution now. I do have a tip to prevent eye strain on the computer, though. When you're reading and writing a lot of documents in notepad, wordpad, or whatever, just change the background to a very light blue or green (I prefer blue). A very pale background lets the text stand out in good contrast, but it produces less glare off of the computer screen. Also, close the curtains in the room in the daytime, to cut down on glare. The less glare you have, the easier it is to read for long periods on the screen. I just have a CRT monitor, too.As for whether or not you look better without glasses, maybe, maybe not. I've gotten so used to wearing them over the years, that I don't even think about it anymore. I do know that some frame styles look bad on some people and other ones look good. So just try on a bunch of different styles until you find one that looks good on you. And I once met a woman who had very nice looking glasses. When I complimented her on them, she thanked me, and explained she wore that type for practical reasons. It seemed she needed very thick lenses, and she had found a way to make them look attractive. She got a small frame style that did not have any frame on the bottom of the glass. The top shape of the glass and frame was three-sided, like the top half of a cell in a honeycomb, but stretched out sideways. Then she had the bottom uncovered part of the lenses cut to match the top, so it looked like a hexagon that was wider than it was high. Then she had the bottom cut part of the lenses tapered and beveled, like a jewel. They looked really nice, and because you could see the bottom of the lenses, and they were tapered, they did not look like they were very thick. I didn't even realize how thick they were until she pointed it out. When I get to the point where I have to wear really thick lenses, I'm going to try to get some like she had.

When I was little, I used to have long bangs that would hide my eyes sometimes. The teachers used to yell at my mom to cut my hair because I couldn't see. She would cut my hair but I still couldn't see! It took until I was about in the eight grade and I had a completely different hair style that someone caught on, maybe I needed glasses.And then, being in school, I was very self-conscious about how everyone thought I looked (hardly anyone at all wore glasses) so the only time I ever wore my glasses was when I knew this boy I had a huge crush on was going to be walking by the window of my english class and I wanted to be able to see him.Now, I wear glasses all of the time. I don't mind how I look with them, but I would like some new frames. I'd get laser eye surgery if I could though. I am afraid of contacts.

I have to wear glasses to actually. I dont really have a problem wearing them, but I never do because I find it a thing which makes me depend on it. If i forget them at home, I shoul go back because I cant see without them. I hate that. Then an option for me is to take contacts, but then again, I heard they say that weraing glasses and contacts only make you eyes more bad than they already are. So I dont want that to happend. A Laser surgery would be a solution, but it costs money, and it requires lots of guts. I think its scary a surgery in your eye, I mean, Ikn ow those surgery are good educated and experts, but Something could easily go wrong. Then your lost both eyes maybe !! Hmm , well I don''t know. Ik do know that being blind is even worser, but having bad eyes, is kinda irritating,WHen I drive I always have to wear my glasses! It's frustrating, but I have to, otherwise I can't see the sign hahaa.well, I hope I can make a choice to wear contacts or not, bnut is that true? That your eyes only become more bad then they already were before wearing glasses and contacts? Isn't it so that you eyes startingto get used to it, and then you cant see without them?Now I mostly don't wear my glasses, I hope I can train them like this, but actually I dont really believe itn it anymore hahaha, I do notice that my eyes get tiredor something after a while without glasses. They have to correct themselves or somethin right? Well anyway glasses are pretty cool I think, if you have a trendy one, not some Harry Potter who looks bad on you. Just find a glasses that fits you good.. But it's such a irritating little -forget- thing. hahaa

I wear glasses. I starting to dislike them, i prefer contacts and sunnies now.I'm very paranoid about my eyes. They are pretty bad, tell me - is it possible to suddenly wake up and be blind?I know you can suddenly wake up, have your ears bleeding and go deaf.

Well i don't have perfect eyesight, but i manage to cope. I might get glasses as i can't see things that are far away, i can only just make out what they are (writing is the worst). There is no point in getting contacts is there? For that at least, we will have to see at the end of the summer, i will decide wether i need them or not.