xisto Community
hulunes

Do You Wear Glasses? how do you feel?

I've had glasses since I was about 9 years old. I read books under low lighting, so that really screwed them up. Computer screens don't help either. Last year, I bit the bullet, and I tried contacts. I love them! I don't know why I didn't get them sooner. I have the daily ones, so you just throw them away after the day is over.

I wear glasses, I started last year :P I think it's because I read in the dark, and go on the computer for at least 5 hours each day. I don't plan on getting contacts, seeing as how I look better in glasses. It suits my face because my eyes are small and make me look like im always squinting, which I always am. :)

When I was a kind, I needed glasses to see correctly when reading. I'd often forget I even had them on, though. It wasn't that much of a big deal and nobody made a giant fuss about it. My eyes eventually got better and I didn't require any.

I've been wearing glasses since i was 12. I'm 18 now by the way.At first I thought wearing glasses would be fun, because u have another accessory to play with, but as time goes on I realise that having glasses is just so very unconvenient, especially for a person like me who loves sport. After that I thought contact lenses would be quite a change, but it was worse than glasses, you can't just slip it on in the morning and take it off at night.Bottom line is, if you're not short/long sighted, you're a lucky person. But if you are, just try to reduce the risk of getting worse by eating more vegetables and avoiding radiation. :)

Glasses are cool. They've got tons of uses. For me, i'll rather wear glasses than contacts coz glasses look nicer, though the real reason is that i cant afford contacts so its either glasses are a few twigs and some broken glass glued together. But anyway, glasses do have a few advantages. For nerds, glasses make you look more nerdy, sometimes thats how girls are attracted to nerds, i dont know how, its just the glass physcology. For da punks, sometimes you might wanna look studious, especially during lectures with some 2-bit teacher who bases everything on impression. So you wear glasses and you get more marks for exams. Or maybe its simply because you see better. Either ways, glasses would help the hopeless, though its probably just a last resort. And after all the random babling, i safely conclude that glasses are useful. Some probably dont realise it yet, but most of the people in universities wear glasses, that goes to show, wear glasses and you get into a university. Cool isnt it. So wear glasses, look cool, look hip, look studious and make a good impression.

Wow... glasses. Yep, I wear them. But so does every member of my family. Sister, mother, father, grandparents on both sides... And most of my aunts and uncles too. So, I wasn't really surprised when I needed them.I have noticed that since I enrolled in a laptop program in school, my eyes have gotten worse, as with the people in my class that I talk to. But we stare at the computer all day at school, and then go home and do the same thing. It's pretty straining on the eyes.I can still see close up fine though. Infact, I'm not even wearing my glasses right now. I usually take them off when I'm looking at the computer at home, because I do not have to see the board far away. Usually for me, it's easier to see my computer, without looking through the glasses, because I always see the dirt and dust on them, no matter how often I clean them.I have contacts too, but don't wear them anymore. It was fine before, if I was going out, but now I have too long of days at school, that they hurt my eyes. So I just stick with glasses. And it's not like I look that bad with them. They are just small ones.

I have glasses, and I prefer to wear them over contacts, but they make me feel very self-conscious. I know that glasses look good on some people, but my eyes are very weak, so my glasses (although not huge) are quite thick, and they make my eyes look tiny.

I used to wear eye glasses when I was in highschool. We were required to have medical exams before entering highschool and I was diagnosed to be near sighted. I hated it! I do not look great on eye glasses. Fortunately, after two years my eye sight were already perfect and I have to dispose those glasses. And lucky for me, I still do not need to wear eye glasses again. I am in front of the computer monitor all the time, yet my eye sight is still good. I can still see details on objects from a far. But I should start exercising my eyes to prevent eye sight problems, like resting for a few minutes after every half hour in front of screen.

I was also hasitant to wear glasses, I got to wear them just 3 months ago,Well the first step to just put them on was the most difficlt one, That was the hardest part but once you get going, it feels good,Hey people if you have a weak eyesight , please do not hasitate to wear glasses, do not compromise with The nature you can see throught them.

Like most people here, I too wear glasses... I started wearing them few years back, when I couldn't stand having to refocus my eyesight every few seconds. My arms just got too short to read, or do anything usefull :)First time I put them on, was kind of weird, everything was bigger, and kind of distorted. But after a while, I got used to it, and it's now hard to see without my glasses. I actualy chose to wear glasses, not contacts. Dunno why, it just seems better to me. Also, I don't agree on the point that girls don't like guys with glasses... It all comes down to different tastes... Someone will look even better wearing glasses, but someone will probably look silly :blink:Don't mean to brag, but everyone says my glasses look good on me, so... :ph34r:They are also photogrey, meaning I don't need to switch to sunglasses, they darken completely, which is even more cool :PI agree with amitojduggal, don't play with your eyesight! Many young people don't want to wear glasses or even go to eye doctor, because that will make them less cool... Later on in life, when they're eyes suffer, and they become blind as moles :P

Yes I wear glasses unfortunatley lol I hate glasses sooo much they are just horrible... I just went to the eye doctors place today actually so i missed school yay :blink: and i had to get new ones so i have to wait a week to get them yay 1the ones i have now are all messed up and lenses are all screwed up..at least they are not taped up in the middle like a nerd lol i wish i could have laser eye surger or wear contacts but i cant :ph34r: i guess i will have to get used 2 them :)

aye i used to wear glasses but i hated them on my face and i hated wearing them in general and the fact people take the piss if you wear them doesnt add to the glamour of it does it. Now i wear contacts which is great because i can see perfectly and dun have any hassle with glasses or anything.

I wear glasses but only when I need to. The reason why I only wear them when I need thim its because it hurts my eyes when i have them on forever, its like my eyes are working to the max. And somehow my glasses got bent so their a little crooked but o well i dont care what people say, as long as I can see I am happy. For some reason my mom says I should always wear my glasses but mom it HURTS!!!! lol