xisto Community
SqlByte

Would You Pay 5$/month For Using Google ?

Would you pay 5$/month for using Google ?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would not pay if they would ask payments for thier services,and i do not use all of their services (although i like them). And i believe they would not ask users any amount of money for their services, they are earning big amount of money from advertisement because they are offering their services for Free. If they would ask for some money they would lose their users and the advertisers would as well look for ther services out there which have more users and followers.

I wouldn't pay a cent for google. Yes it is a nice search engine, but yahoo and other search sites are comparable as well. It may have all these nice features and all, but not alot of people use them beside the email. And yahoo is also coming out with a 1 gig plus accounts for their site. So google isn't that special expect people like using it because of its simplistic feature and easy search

People like Google because it is free, its services are popular also because they are free. Basically it offers the best of the free stuff - when they start charging they take themselves out of that demographic, and hence many people would simply change search engines or email clients, whatever.Google knows this, and is making an absolute mint off their Google Adwords - which are probably the most user friendly ads around.

I can understand why people would pay $5/month for using google. Let's face it $5 is almost a neglibile fee for the >2GB space provided with GMail and the picture quality provided with Google Earth.

However, many competitors would jump at this opportunity to release a product (almost) as good as Google's products so there wouldn't be much point in paying in the first place.

Besides, google would never do that as they'd lose the one thing which makes them so valued and popular around the web world, they're free.

So my answer is NO. I wouldn't pay as it wouldn't be long before Yahoo! Earth is released and Yahoo! Mail increase their storage size to 2 gigs.

All good reasons for the people above me. I wouldn't pay because I couldn't pay. I'm only a teen and I still live on the money my mom says that I can have and she definitly won't pay for something online based because she doesn't use it at all and that would be final. I can only hope that Google will use the brain that I know they have for coming up with great stuff to offer, and keep it up and running without charging us a cent. If not, I'm sure they will soon realize how much of their business is used at our school and how many searches they will have lost from all of us.

I love Google, but I am certainly not sure if I would have the same feeling if their services stopped being free. Like someone pointed out, one of the nicest things about Google is that it's free. I am some one who wants 150 MB of hosting space and 2 GB bandwidth for free. It is definitely unlikely that such a person will willingly pay for a service like Google search.Having said that, I will also say that I think the services of Google are techincally worth paying for, although I probably wouldn't pay for it. For instance, there are a fair number of amazing movies that release every Friday. Some of them are almost unarguably worth the money. However, I've almost always avoided the theatre. It's not because I am a born miser, it's not because I'm poverty-stricken - it's only because I have my priorities and I'd rather spend the money on something I find more worthwhile - of course, opinions are bound to vary on what's worthwhile and what's not. With Google, I'll not pay for their services - that does not imply I think their services aren't worth it. Of course, if every other corresponding service in the internet world becomes a paid service, then I'd choose Google over the rest (most probably).Well, those are my five dollars for whatever it's worth

This has probably been said but six pages is a lot to read:As much as it would suck to pay to use anything on the internet, Google truly is a valuable resource. You can find almost anything, and usually much more than with other search engines. Even I barely believe the stuff I've found (like long-lost websites made by friends). Then there's GMail, Images, Desktop, Earth, Maps, personalized homepage, Video, search history, and a whole lot of other things. I don't like to pay for things on the internet but $5/month isn't much for a set of things that I use a huge number of times per day.

Yea i would never pay for a something equal value that you can get for free. (Trap 17 for instance) Google has already made a boat load of money everytime someone uses one of their services. How greedy can you possibly get when you already have a billion dollars, oh wait microsoft has several billion and are still going at it. Well of course google will probably offer a pro verison of their email pretty soon, just includes more features, and blah blah just like yahoo and msn. If google really wants to make a good impression and keep alot of their visitors coming back to use their services, then i would really suggest not even thinking about charging for something that should be free.

So ? would you pay 5$ a mont for using google services ? all of them ? search, gmail, google earth ?
I would pay only if that would make google even more and more better ! and not just for google to earn mony.

What about you guys ? all those google fans <_<

I guess I would. Google is great, so I guess I would pay 5$ a month for it :ph34r: But I think what also makes it great is that it's free lol :(

Well, I know Google is a really awesome company and all, but I generally try to avoid things that need to be paid for. I know full well of what I would be missing by not using google (Gmail, Search Engine, various tools, and more) but it's really not that hard to find a replacement to all of those. Five dollars a month seems to be going overboard if anything. If it were something like Five dollars a year, or even for the life time, I would definetely consider it. So my answer is, maybe.

I would never pay for it... I won't pay for anything that I can get by some other way for free. I mean, if google goes paid someday, I'll find a way to break it through... And why would you pay 5$ for a search if there are so many others sites with search? Many people would stop using google if that happens... So others sites will grow up... I use google because I like it however altavista is a great site and my brother loves it... I wouldn't mind on using it... I always use it when I want to translate websites / words and I know googles has it (kind hidden) but altavista's is much better...

why would i pay for google -_____- even though i use google to search for everything, i wouldn't pay to search, because there are other search engines. I don't use any of the other services, only gmail. So no, I'm not paying for google.

So ? would you pay 5$ a mont for using google services ? all of them ? search, gmail, google earth ?

I would pay only if that would make google even more and more better ! and not just for google to earn mony.

What about you guys ? all those google fans <_<

No way! I could use $5 a month for MUCH better stuff. After all, I have a life, and I'd rather not waste money that could be used by purchasing even the basic necessities that my life needs ...

Besides, Google is meant to be a host for "free services", so how can they start charging for them? It would just contradict their entire marketing strategy!!!

Then again, it wouldn't be the first time... many other companies have contradicted their marketing strategy. I'd prefer not to mention names, but you would know quite a few of them.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)