xisto Community
Ryo

Hosting Credits

I dont want to get in trouble for this but im really mad about the hosting credit system. I go inactive for a little bit and here they go and suspend my account i know why they do this but it really oisses me off. Now i have to post alot to get mey site back. I guess if i make long psots i will get t back afater.I know you guys feel the same way about this.Note to mod. Im sorry if i wasnt supposed to post any of this warn me so i dont make the same mistake again

Meh, yeahBut it's better then all the other hosts which force you to post like...40 times a week X___Xonce you get into the habbit of keeping track of your credits, then everything will go fine =) It just takes a little adjusting @_@and try to save up like...20 credits every visit so it lasts and stuff

Meh, yeah

once you get into the habbit of keeping track of your credits, then everything will go fine =) It just takes a little adjusting @_@

and try to save up like...20 credits every visit so it lasts and stuff

198859[/snapback]

I agree to you!

This is for the topic starter : beleive me my friend that it is not hard to post with this credit system and you get enough credits once you write a good lenthy post.

I'm not sure about you posting nature but try to pick those posts in which you can write the most..for e.g. graphics, networking, life talk or anyother thing in which you have good knowledge...because for that you'll be able to write maximum and beleive me a 2 para. post will fetch you around 1.5 to 2 credits which means that you can stay inactive for 2 days...and if you spend say 1 hr. at the forum, i'm sure you'll be able to make upto 10-15 credits.

I have more that 100 credits but as I have started loving this place...i keep on posting and whenever in future i'll be busy I am sure that by that time i'll be having enough credits to keep my website active for months.

So in short start to love this community...take part in converstations and make credits and in case of emergency..you wont have to worry about credits. Guess what....i've just written a lengthy post and imagine how many credits i would have got for this...and if you are venting then you should write more.

all you have to do is post in the forums that give credits yeah you can post in the non-credit forums but if you put some good thought into your posts (like I am doing now) then you can get quite a few credits. Heres an idea pick a forum topic like the games forum and then post in topics that you have knowledge of or like to give your opinion about, thats how did most of mine, i pickeda forum and then went through the topics to see what was of intrest to me.5-10 posts like that and you should have a good helpig of credits at your disposal to use.

I think the hosting credit system is good, apart from the fact that your account is suspended if you are inactive for a bit...I guess it is the best around, though. On other 'post for host' forums, you have to post about 30-40 posts per WEEK, and even once your account has been approved, it isn't instant activation, like this one is. You have to wait for them to set up your account... ZzZzZzzzz... ^_^

I can't agree with this at all. It is not hard to have a small reserve of credits, (10 or more) so you can go without posting for a while. Really, for all the hosting features you are given here, posting is such a small investment in time to remain active. Think how much time you spend playing games, watching television and the host of other activities that give you nothing in return. All you need to do is devote a small amount of that time to post in these forums and you are given high quality web hosting that rivals many commercial web hosts. I seriously doubt you will find a better deal than that anywhere.The reason your account is suspended when credits run out is very clear, this is so inactive members are removed to make room for new members that do want to participate in the forums. To enable Xisto to offer this hosting for free to as many people as possible, it is necessary to remove redundant accounts.The final thing is everyone knows by accepting the conditions for hosting here, they are required to post to keep their account active. Do not complain when you do not hold up your end of the deal and your account is suspended. The way the hosting credits are calculated, if your account is suspended (not cancelled), it is very easy to gain enough credits to activate your account again.

I would probably feel the same as you... but I am not really reaping the benefits of my account, am I? I will not go into detail, as I have already explained it umpteen times before...

I'm not sure why more people aren't upset about having to post so often. It's not like all this posting has made this place a better or more interesting place to come to read. most times, people post the same polls and questions and hardly anyone does any searches to make sure that they're just not asking the same question that's been asked and answeres a hundred times before. Asking peole to post more often is fine but asking people who have lives (work for a living) to post almost everyday is borderline crazy.

I'm inclined to agree with you, Ryo. It is a pain, especially now even more forums seem to be non-credits. I actually preferred the old method, where it was a matter of activity, and when you found a good topic you just posted something good, other times you wouldn't as there would be nothing you could reply substantially to. Now, in order to keep the hosting going, I've had to force myself to post in topics, which, whilst is not totally useless, perhaps leads to lower quality posts.

Asking peole to post more often is fine but asking people who have lives (work for a living) to post almost everyday is borderline crazy.

199050[/snapback]

I too work for a living and also have 3 children, yet I easily manage to post enough to keep my account active without a problem. You have seen comments from others about how much you have to post on some other hosts that use forum posting as a means to keep accounts active. I think the level of posting that is required here at Xisto is very reasonable, especially considering the level of hosting services provided. I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. ^_^

I've been a member of the T17 community/hosting service for about six months so far, and I don't have any complaints about the hosting credit system. I think it's very fair: it's much easier for me to make good, quality (and lengthy) posts than to post a set quota per week. Like a few members have mentioned, just find some threads that you are know a lot about and state your opinion on them...then you can rebuild the credits you lost. For the record, I also work for a living and I have a family, yet I can still find the time to drop by the forum and post.

the credits system is sorta pissin me off, no offense mods, but i can't even host a site w/o getting a certain amount of credits, so i think the mods should change this system so people can host easier...like not suspending accounts for being inactive for a certain period of time, and lowering the amount of credits needed to host a site on T17.--Evil

I never knew this would be so popular but i have a hard time posting i cant think of anything to write so i usally post in the vent where i express my dis approval for the way thing are run but i guess i havent really gotten used to the stock pile of credit type thing. Im also not very good at writing lengthy posts. I really dont have thet much to say.

Hmmm it's not that hard to keep credits positive on these forums, there is something for everybody and why not think of some topics of your own? Ok I have been suspended 2 times now, but rl takes too much time from me at the moment so I have only like an hour to do everything I wanna do on internet, but I'll be back :P .

But there are forums about technology, free stuff and even this vent. Other hosts with pbp (payed by posting) only offer 2 or 3 sections and this system is needed for Xisto because of the ads in here so they can pay what we use. Or would you like ads on your own site? :P

Just my 2 cents...