xisto Community
Ryo

Hosting Credits

I think it would be easier if more topics and boards were added to this site, then i can have more ideas to talk about stuff...im running out of things to post....(AH!!!! ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT HELP!)Also, do u loose everything saved on your site when u run out?>thanx Qwertyiscool :P

I think it would be easier if more topics and boards were added to this site, then i can have more ideas to talk about stuff...im running out of things to post....

(AH!!!! ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT HELP!)

Also, do u loose everything saved on your site when u run out?

>thanx  Qwertyiscool :P

200231[/snapback]

Why not request it to the mods and/or admins?

And no, at least not when you activate yourself again soon,

I never lost anything during my suspension.

I can understand that everyone goes a vacation or is busy once a while.. There are tons of other free web hosters that wants free web hosting too. As long as it isn't permenant, you'll be ok. Just take your medicine and you'll be done with it all. You can always buy hosting if you don't like the requirements of a free one..

I've been here over a year now (my sites been up since september 2004) and I haven't had a problem with credits yet- I usually hover between 14 and 8 days by coming in only two or three times a week and hoping to make one or two really good posts a time. Like someone said, find a topic that interests you and write about that. The new "similar topics" feature that I've noticed in the past week or so is handy for that, too. Now, instead of coming in and hoping to make one good post I can sometimes make five.

i'm ok with the credit system. Guys... nothing is free in this world. so dont' expect too much. They recommanded to keep at least 10 credits but i keep 20 just incase. Even though, i have 20 credits.. i continue to post if there topics that i'm interest in. I think there should be an option somewhere in your Control Panel so you could PAUSE your site activity if you have a long vacation and cannot access the internet while on vacation. By doing that, your hosting credits should remain the same. Another idea i have is.. when your hosting credit runs out. just suspend the site, but allow the user to reactiviate their account by having at least 5 hosting credits.and if you guys dont' want post and remain hosting credit. Just use http://www.trap17.net/ It's ads supported but you get more space and posting is not require..I have a question that is not related to the topic but, why is it that ads support accounts get 333mb space and non ads accounts get 150mb.... i'm not complaining because i haven't used up all my webspace yet, but i'm just curious about it.

I have no problem posting. I am on the internet a ton. I am just impatient and so are most people. I do support the credits system though. You gotta earn your things. Nothing is free totally free.

I dont want to get in trouble for this but im really mad about the hosting credit system. I go inactive for a little bit and here they go and suspend my account i know why they do this but it really oisses me off. Now i have to post alot to get mey site back. I guess if i make long psots i will get t back afater.

I know you guys  feel the same way about this.

Note to mod. Im sorry if i wasnt supposed to post any of this warn me so i dont make the same mistake again

198849[/snapback]

i may not have been here long so far w/ Xisto, but i know one thing, it is NOT hard to keep above sealevel with your credits. right now i have about 30 and i have a life. i spend maybe an hour on this a day, and usually im not even on the forums im usually working on my site and looking for help here too.. just making little posts here and there keep the credits quite high.. its not difficult either, all you have to do is just write about what interests you, or what DOESNt interest you and bitc. . . complain about it whilst usint correct language :-D... i maybe only post one or two things a day but its about something i can write about and it rakes in the credits like nothing.. also, learn to type fast, i average 135wpm, improve that, and you wont complain about it taking so much effort in making credits appear.... all this is prolly gonna get me about 3 credits, it took me all of 50 seconds, do the math, its not that hard.

I'm new to this forum, this host, and this system of hosting. I think its kind of weird but if the hosting is good, and I hope it is. I'll deal with it. Are there any ads on your site? It seems to me like you have to acquire 10 credits before you can even start on your site. Is this true?

I must admit that it does get annoying. However, they do this for a reason and that is something that I do have to agree with. A good thing to do just in case if you know you are going away or something is to post a lot before then and make sure you have enough credits.I know that when I went into hospital I was going to be in there for like 2 weeks. But its a hospital so you never really know how long you will be there. So I made approx. 34 Hosting Credits. So that covered me for over a month. And I got back and everything was still running fine. A good point ot make :)

OMG i agree with you 100 %. I had about 18.63 hosting credits or something like that. I went inactive for like 2/3 days and when i came back, i was suspended. I was like GGGRRRRR. That's not fair. I have to post long/non spam posts now...it's annoying but let me tell you the truth:IT'S WORTH IT.Trap 17 hosting service is wonderful for a free webhosting site...kudos :)