xisto Community
Ryo

Hosting Credits

Yeah I agree its soo annoying it gets suspended, but I understand why its necessary, if everybody stays inactive, this forum won't be so good as it is now. I do think that it's so hard to get possitive postsamount, when you are very busy at school, and on't have time to post so much anyomore, like me. You stay in negative amount for a long time.But im working on mu suspended account now :P

This is post has probally halped alot of people and that is real good. Well i would just like to say i think ive gotten the hand of this posting thing. Its easy all you have to do is post a really long one. But i really dont get the point of this forum all it does is add moer bandwith to your stuff. There really is no point in posting its not like they get anything from this. OR DO THEY????

The only thing I can tell you is....

Your Hosting Credits have Expired. You will need atleast 4 credits to UN-SUSPENDED your hosting Account. Account is UN-suspended only when a user has more than 3 hosting credits. You get credits by making forum posts. After you make the required posts, your hosting account will be active automatically within a few hours.

The Hosting Credits determine the amount of days you can remain inactive. We recommend that you maintain a sufficient amount of hosting credits (more than 10). This will give you enough time, incase you cannot stay active due to any consequences.

:P

Although I can't really talk. I'm like...on a negative 6. :P

I was busy scripting someone's forums. I forgot all about Xisto.

This is post has probally halped alot of people and that is real good. Well i would just like to say i think ive gotten the hand of this posting thing. Its easy all you have to do is post a really long one. But i really dont get the point of this forum all it does is add moer bandwith to your stuff. There really is no point in posting its not like they get anything from this.

OR DO THEY????

209151[/snapback]

Of course they get something from your posts, otherwise the hosting would not exist. The way I see it, the more posts that are written and read means the more times the advertising here is viewed. The more times it is viewed, the more chance there is someone will click on one of them. I'm not sure if the revenue is generated just from the advertisements being displayed or whether it is when they are clicked on. Either way, if there are more quality posts that people will read, the chances are they will also read the ads and possibly click on them, then Xisto will make the needed revenue to keep this hosting running. Personally I'd much rather have the advertisements here on the forum than my web site. :P

By the way, this post has probably earned me about 2 credits. It's not that hard at all!

i think an added benefit of posting, for Xisto, is that these posts will get indexed by google and that will increase traffic from fresh users. These users will either sign up or they might click some ads.In any case, more posts = more traffic = more money for Xisto.

I dont want to get in trouble for this but im really mad about the hosting credit system. I go inactive for a little bit and here they go and suspend my account i know why they do this but it really oisses me off. Now i have to post alot to get mey site back. I guess if i make long psots i will get t back afater.

I know you guys  feel the same way about this.

Note to mod. Im sorry if i wasnt supposed to post any of this warn me so i dont make the same mistake again

198849[/snapback]

Yea i agree with you that this best site for host becuase you can get site free

There are a lot of sites that offer you free web hosting. This one required a little more incentive and work to achieve your goal of attaining a free domain/site. Other sites, such as Freewebs.Com and Bravenet.Com, just let you create a free website.Roxr.Com, another free website hosting service, has a similar requesting process to that of here on Xisto, but they don't have a hosting credit system. I highly recommend both, though Xisto more somehow ... my friend has a site on Roxr and says it's doing great, but I myself would prefer something like Xisto ... I have no idea why.Best,Xuan.

To be honest, the credit system in Xisto pisses me out. No offense guys you are all doin a good job ith the service though. And you guys deduce credits for changing domain name! I hate it coz I had to change my domain twice and I;m still stuck with the starter plan ;);) .I have an account at another host but I'm not revealing their name and their credits system is damn liberal so much so that sometimes I think my post isn't worthy of it! And what I love about them is that they'll host your site until your crredits go as low as -20. (Yup, that's negative twenty believe it or not). But they are very successful and I like. Hey don't get me wrong but I like here too. And the other host gives me 250 mb spacce and 10 GB bandwidth plus all the features and support like Xisto and like Xisto they are adfree. But the only reason i switched here is beacause they do not allow use of paid forum software like IPB and vBulletin on their servers.That's not all there is Roxr ppl that gives 300 mb space and 30 GB bandwidth for a mere 5 posts a week but what pisses me off is their ad policy. By default they don't put ads in your site and don't let you have your own ads too. That sucks big time.So the only thing I would suggest is thatyou make your credit system a teensy weensylosse and that you remove th pay-for-domain-change policy out of the big picture. I'm just being honest here, since this is the vent. Please don't get mad.