xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PHPtech

Paper Thin Tv Screens

Apparently a German technology giant called siemens has developed Tv Screens as thin as paper that can bend as paper does without breaking. They also have an amazingly low production cost. They can be used to bring to life things only imagined in science-fiction movies, and fantasy books such as harry potter.

Here is a webpage relating to this.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Posted Image

There's also this http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And as I find more pages relating to this I learn more about them, apparently they are so cheap you can buy a square meter of super-thin TV :) for only 49$

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Then there's the last good source. http://news.a.com.com/

This is amazing and fantastic, this really is open the way for a whole new era of technology only imagined in TV Shows and movies, the future we illustrate in our media is drawing before our eyes! ;)

woW,great technology.paper thin TV is always a fantacy video equipment.it comes true now,which sounds really coool.the trend will be applied to laptop or pda(including cellphone) later IMO...

but that's like a portible TV, ne? how does it connect to channels and stuff? but that's still really amazing, i never thought they'd be able to come up with something like that around this time XD i wanna see paper sized computers, with wireless internet, so i can take em to school. XD

ehh.. yeah.. the next generation lcd. Samsung had it for awhile now.. in their lab. .AHAHAH. It costs less to make it than normal LCD. Also, it doesn't use as much energy. I also heard about something like.. watching two different things on one screen but at a different angle.

Well, this is just a first step. As I can see it, imagine the usage for a magazine covers, news paper headlines, portable small screens (ipod, digital camera, printers, watch etc). They are now animated, playing short clips, headline scrolling across, your flyer and brochures will never be the same... and in full color! Can you imagine when this is used as a restaurant menu? You will never have to update your menu in the means of conventional Kinko?s style. All you need is a computer and an uplink. Your patrons can see the menu description along with actual steaming plate that just to dive in for. Imagine the ad bombardment--constant flashing letters and graphics to draw your attention and, perhaps, to tune out the distraction by pulling out thin display with the complete works of Shakespeare, like an e-book.What about for map industries? You carry a simple roll out or pull out 8x10 sheet with small GPS receiver attached. You click a button and bam! it shows your location with full color map received from satellite. It?s just a matter of time when this will be used for your passport, identification card?the possibilities are almost limitless.

Wow, this really awed me. Technology continues to develop and of course it is a pride for the nation that comes up with all new and competitive stuffs. Japanese were known for all things small and compact, some people say its because they are relatively smaller in size and also their country is small but the soaring population made them think everything should be small in order to accomodate in never increasing space. But its the time big Germans are coming up with something small and compact. This will give more competitions to Koreans, Americans and Japanese in particular. Nice information.

That's amazing! When I first saw the topic title, I thought it might've come from a firm in Japan. I knew that they recently made a thin-screen TV where you could actually see two programs at the same time - depending on which side of the TV you are watching from.Anyway, it's really neat to see things gradually getting more and more compact.

I'm guessing this will be the foundation of our books, paper, computer monitors and televisions in the future. There are so many possibilities for this product and I'm quite suprised at how cheap this is.

I was wondering when something like this should come out. Now its almost here. Great news.I one of the articles I read that "quality will be a little lower". I'm not sure how little is that, but I hope not to bad, to be used at least for new e-books (not pdf ^_^)

50 bucks for a square meter?!?! I am gonna put that crap up as wallpaper then and have ally my games and stuff up all over my walls!!i think it would be really cool tho if they started to put that stuff in magazines. For all you peoples who liek Harry POtter - it would be like the pictures of the poeple movin in the paper.I had heard about this a while ago and there is also something related to this (or maybe its teh same technology) but its call OLED ( Organic LED) and it uses organic compounds to make a screen thin enought that it could fit inside your windsheild on your car. So you could have a pimped out HUD (heads up display for the non-military =P) that would show maps and stuff right in your windsheild. And because it was made with organic stuff it was really cheap to make... mebbe this is the same thing haha. oh wellWhatever it is I can wait until they have a screen small enuf that I can watch TV in Philosphy and have it look like i am still takin notes!

I want a paper thin television! This is a great idea because I currently have a television like alot of people here and it takes up too much room. When this becomes cheap enough I am going to create a paper thin television wall.

Wow, the kind of stuff they are capable of doing nowadays is near enough unimaginable. According to the guardian link on the first post, it sounds like the scientists are working on it, ready for a launch in 2007. They will then just wait until the price is cheap then it will be included on a lot of documents, especially newspapers grasping the readers' attention.All this futuristic fantasy stuff, like harry potter moving pictures, is all coming to Earth.I can't believe it, although know its true!! :P