xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PHPtech

Paper Thin Tv Screens

Wow, technology is really advancing. Who would've ever thought that we could get a tv that small and cheap? Hopefully the Seimen techs will be able to make them of better quality, but man, when these come out and if they're cheap, I'm going to buy enough to cover my 12 foot wall. :PSo what could be next? Ten years from now, could computers be that small?

Ten years?! I'd say 7 :PI was thinking, about a day ago, that my laptop's screen was great because it was like the best choice and really thin...But then I had put my small "earphones" on the keyboard and put down the lid...Then I sortta accidently almost sat on it :DThen you can very very very very slightly see a little black area (two of them) on teh screen. So much for the greatness of LCD :PBut I think they're slowly dissapearing?!? Maybe the crystals inside of it are kind of moving around and distributing the very slight black part around or something?! In fact I'm almost sure that's the caseSo now I think LCD's are amazing too :D(Bit off topic now that i think about it btw...)

I like this one, pretty neat, from the bulk of CRT to the thin LCD nowadays, here comes possibly the future of displays, I'd love to have them in the future I know it is still to early to say but good thing to know things are always popping out.

Wow, Paper thin tvsU need to get a big wall, buy a big paper thin tv, and use it as a cinema screen with no projector, lolAnyway, It would be nice to get one when they come out, but I might just wait for them to lower in price :P:P

lol Now you could have a tv in every room and still have it not take up any space at all. That sounds really cool. I'll probably buy one as soon as it comes out. When I first saw the topic I thought, it will break really easily but if it's flexible like paper then, there ya go.

Another use for this stuff as wallpaper would be to make the interior of your house look like anything (for example, your walls could project images so that it looks like you're in a cabin by a beautiful lake). Maybe pick-your-weather window blinds.It's certainly a gigantic step forward, to put it mildly, but there's still the issue of the processing unit, power, etc. that I'm sure won't be paper-thin.

yeah, that's great, their usage are limitless, i like it too. :P but, how about recycled problems. is that will affect the earth. if so, may be that come later would be best.as the product is low price, low cost, that would be resulted in environment problem. :P is it right?

Wow!! Awesome!!! Yeah, Im gonna get a couple of these, and instead of having still pictures in my walls I can have video!! and, imagine all the things that can be done with this technology, Did anyone ever see the movie, I forgot its name but it was directed by Steven Spielberg, and Tom Cruise was the main actor. They had tvs on the cereal boxes!! Marketing is going to have lots of advantage with this technology, I think it will really be a huge revolution, but sorry, I guess I got a little bit excited, but thanks for the info!

Did anyone ever see the movie, I forgot its name but it was directed by Steven Spielberg, and Tom Cruise was the main actor. They had tvs on the cereal boxes!!

202242[/snapback]

It is Minority Report.

Yes options are limitless, one technology that caught my attention on that same movide too is the visual or laser thing that can create an image or virtual individual that seems real, I love to have that in my room, :P

as the product is low price, low cost, that would be resulted in environment problem.  :P  is it right?

Not necessarily. It all depends on what it's made up of. If it's just a simple plastic stubstance, it may be possible to recycle it, and if it has any organic composition (like OLEDs do), it would decompose over time.

I don't see how having paper-screens will be any more of a problem than having plain paper; I'm sure they'll burn.

ace that cool but bout if you rip it

Although it may be as thin as paper, it certainly won't be a filmsy as paper (for example, plastic that is the thickness of paper is difficult to rip by accident). Depending on what it's made of, I'm sure it will be quite durable.

Wow , that's amazing lol i need me one now . That would eliminate the space, shippings cost, moving space and tons of things , even at low cost's wow just amazing , id say these Television providers should get there hand's on this technology or im guessing they won't be in business long :)

By "television providers" I assume you mean those who manufacture televisions, such as Sony. This technology isn't ready to be released on the public market, and only those with enough money will be able to afford it at first (meaning that, although it may be cheap, companies will sell them for big bucks to gain as much profit as possible before they begin to become a widely used thing, at which time prices will drop, such has been the case with all new technologies). I have read in a few articles that they should begin being used at least by 2007 or so.