xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PHPtech

Paper Thin Tv Screens

oh baby get me one of these. A t.v. that could span your wall and cost next to nothing. Oh man oh man hurry up technology. I first heard about this at a tech expo in virginia and wowa, the previews of the technology were awesome. This is brand new sci-fi type of technology in this decade probably. YES, finally something that's really cool.

First thing I'd do is wall over my window and put some of this stuff up (anyone seen the movie Treasure Planet? raining outside so she flips a switch and its a beautiful sunset); hook it up to my computer and have all the walls in my room inc. roof with this stuff on it and just throw some artwork up, moving pictures... have my entire room my desktop *stops and thinks about that for a minute...* :) how about putting it up on one side of a door and having a micro camera on the other side... sort of like one-way glass, you can see everything outside the door as if it weren't there...very trippy technology, I want some (just like every one else :))

I think it is amazing that they can make a huge Television so thin... paper thinn. My friend said he had oneand he says it is awlsome! I wish I had one but I am happy with what I got... But all that technology in something about an inch thick!!! I dont know how they do it. It must have taken a decade. I wish I could make something so thin like that... Its just so amazing!!! B)

I think it is amazing that they can make a huge Television so thin... paper thinn. My friend said he had oneand he says it is awlsome! I wish I had one but I am happy with what I got... But all that technology in something about an inch thick!!! I dont know how they do it. It must have taken a decade. I wish I could make something so thin like that... Its just so amazing!!! B)

Although I could be wrong, I'm pretty positive that these paper-thin televisions haven't yet been released on the commercial market. Therefore, your friend is either lying or is mistaken (maybe he thinks you meant a thin-screen LCD or plasma television?). The television technology that this thread is talking about would be much smaller than an inch thick; paper-thin. As for it taking a decade, technically, one could say it has taken centuries (if one considers every major and/or minor invention that lead to the television a part of "making" it). If you mean with just the concept of using this paper-thin screen technology, I doubt it's been around, or at least not widely known of/studied for an entire decade; technology works faster than that, and one must keep in mind the tools avaliable ten years ago (when Windows 95 was the new thing).

Paper Thin TV's, Hard to believe they can make it that small. I though Plasmas were small. But I would just like to know how do you put cable on that thing... Strange where all the wires are... Is this a wireless paper think TV which has cable wirelessly. if yes I?m getting myself 1 B).Nice find.

It can't be completely wireless; there has to be some connections to transfer the energy to where it needs to go. It could, however, use very thin circuit relays (like those in a keyboard, if you've ever seen one taken apart). There are certainly ways to transfer the electricity without needing thick wiring, but it would need some kind of controlling boards, but they wouldn't have to be inside or even very close to the actual "screen" itself.

Maybe not paper thin tv's but paper thin screens. If you were to say tv there is alot of stuff missing. But this is great for gadgets etc. will start getting smaller and there won't be so expensive as they usually are. Does anyone know the quality of this thin screen? If they are good then we may see some great advancements in the future.

There was an image posted in the topic of this thread:

Posted Image

After a bit of searching, I've found this one as well:

Posted Image

It looks pretty clear, but if you wish to find more images, you could always do a Google search, although from what I've seen, it looks like these two may be the only images of Siemens' paper-thin screen technology currently circulating the Internet.

Finally, read a book without fliping pages. After they embed some tablet technology, we will never buy pens again. Buy your papers now! :P

O wow sweet that interesting but is thin technology better? Same idea with ipod nanos dont they break?$50 is a bit low for something of that size i think it would get even more exspencive.

Finally, read a book without fliping pages. After they embed some tablet technology, we will never buy pens again. Buy your papers now! :P

One could just read text on a computer screen and get the same result.

O wow sweet that interesting but is thin technology better?

What can it hurt?

Same idea with ipod nanos dont they break?

No less easily than one twice the size (if constructed right).

$50 is a bit low for something of that size i think it would get even more exspencive.

Of course it will cost more; the company (or companies) will charge at least twice the price that it costs to make it. Otherwise, they won't make a profit.

One thing to say, WOW! This isnt real is it? LOL i never would have though they would be able to come up with something like this. Its amazing what they can do now-adays. And if you think about it we have a bright future in technology ahead of us!

Apparently a German technology giant called siemens has developed Tv Screens as thin as paper that can bend as paper does without breaking.  They also have an amazingly low production cost.  They can be used to bring to life things only imagined in science-fiction movies, and fantasy books such as harry potter.

Here is a webpage relating to this.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Posted Image

There's also this http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And as I find more pages relating to this I learn more about them, apparently they are so cheap you can buy a square meter of super-thin TV :P for only 49$

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Then there's the last good source. http://news.a.com.com/

This is amazing and fantastic, this really is open the way for a whole new era of technology only imagined in TV Shows and movies, the future we illustrate in our media is drawing before our eyes! :P

195294[/snapback]

i think i will get one of those for christmas

bvut i cant help wonering what does the paper thin screen plug into??