xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

For web desighning i have done throught the years, I have made a ton (alot) of websites. I have made atlease twenty websites or more and I have gone through some Invision power boards and such. I like free as much as the other guy, but i still bought invision power board so i could host it some place... such as here...

For all those people that like to code it by hand and not use a WYSIWYG editor, have their HTML and CSS standards compliant, syntax highlighting, and basically have a Notepad on steroids, I suggest tsWebEditor at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It's main focus is syntax highlighting. It supports syntax highlighting for languages I never even knew existed.
You can even edit the syntax highlighter if you don't like the colors. When typing in a color for the CSS, it has a list
of color names that you can use that are accepted by most web browsers.

tsWebEditor is truely awesome. However, it has no preview or WYSIWYG mode or anything like that. Just coding by
hand improved by a lot.

I know notepad is probably the most common for editing sites, but I use Adobe GoLive CS, which is like Adobe's version of dreamweaver. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't use the "layout mode", which is for noobs who cant code html, but I use it because it color-codes html, javascript, and php for me. I only use the "source" mode, and type my raw code in and watch it be color coded. Its also nice because it has line numbers next to it so if I get an error I can quickly find what is going on.

learn html, and make ur own. its more of an acomplishment.

Yup. You can do so much more.

I use
ZDE (made for PHP development - I love it)
Inkscape (svg editor)
Gimp (bitmap editor)

Firefox & Opera (I test in IE from school, since I don't have it at home)

I use Dreamweaver for all my XHTML, CSS, PHP, JS, etc. Although I do use dreamweaver for webpage editing, I don't actually use the design view. I hand code it all. The only reason I use dreamweaver is because of the colors to make reading the code easier. Also the little drop-down code hints make things faster.For Graphics I use Photoshop 8 CS. I don't do anything super-duper advanced with photoshop yet, but I'm getting pretty good.For animations I use Flash 8 Professional. Not good at all. I only know a little bit of flash/actionscript. I can really only make simple animations and buttons and stuff.

personally its not going to get any better than dreamweaver, and this is only my opinion on this.. I think dreamweaver has got to be the best by far.. but it is only for coding in html and simple css.. so if you are coding php sorry cant do it.. unless your one of the ones that can open up notepad and script away..

I use, dreamweaver to code my sites and Photoshop to design the site. As said in the other thread i like using dreamweaver because it is easy!Although sometimes i use paint.NET to design bits of my site.

Recently I have totally moved all my coding to Linux! I used to do it on my mac, but i moved it. Now this is how it goes!I have Illustrator CS3 I design most everything with graphics wise. Even better I get the whole suite for free!!! And I didn't download it or steal it! So anyways thats what i useI dont use an FTP program I just use Ubuntu 7.04 and it has that built in. You go to your websites files just as if they were a folder on your computer.Then I use the default text editor on Ubuntu called Text Editor (imagin that haha) I like it cause its minimal and DW8 which I used to have was so big and I didnt use a lot of the functions on it because I would type it up myself. Also Text Editorhas color coding which i love, tabs which makes it super easy to switch, and will save to a FTP. Has all the features I used on DW8 but much smaller! I love it.