xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

Adobe tools are great for web design especially the famous photoshop, flash and dreamweaver. However, some websites do provide ability to modify HTML or CSS codes so I would just use the built-in editor to create the sites I want. If you are using content management systems or blog engine like wordpress, most probably the common tools you need are built in so you just design right in it. Anyway, feedbacks and comments are welcomed!P/S: I am 2 credits away from having my 1st Xisto site as I am writing this post, CMON!!!!

OK OK OK.

I have posted in here 2-3 times each time with something new, but FINALLY I have found my favorite editor and FTP.

OS: I use Mac OS X 10.4.9. I love it! I have a linux (Ubuntu) but i dont nearly use it as much as my Mac.

Text Editor: TextMate from Macromates. http://macromates.com/. I love the little things included like how it you close tags with cmd + alt + . or how it puts the cursor in between "" in HTML tags if you were writing class= for example. I love how it closes CSS tags by its self and more. Even better it can color code Ruby on rails! Its a Mac app

FTP: I use Transmit 3. Its a great one. I like how you can simply drag files into the icon on the dock and it knows where to place them on your website or what folder. Plus it will take the favorites from Fetch if you are a owner of that one.

Graphics and layout: Adobe Illustrator CS2 and soon to be CS3. I love the huge canvas. I also love vector graphics. Being able to scale big and small without loosing quality is perfect. Why would you use photoshop for graphics anyways? Once you make it that size your stuck. I like making graphics then cutting them out so i dont have to have 100 photoshop files with different buttons. I can have one AI document and have all the web graphics on there and when i want to cut one out I simply select what I want and export as web graphic.

Browser: I use Safari. I used UNO to skin it though because I didn't like the brush steel look and a plug in to make it so it stops me before I close out with more then one tab, but those two fixes made it one of my favorite browsers. I use Firefox though for the web dev tools. Safari + Firefox make a good mix for me though. Safari as my fun browser and Firefox to correct HTML errors.

Testing Browsers: I test in

Opera 9

Opera 9.5

Wii Browser (Powered by Opera)

IE 6

IE 7

Safari 2

Safari 3

Firefox 2

Other Apps:

Thumbscrew: Use it to create great looking thumbnails

Parallels: To test websites in the IEs

iPhone Simulator: To test on mobile devices

I use a a variety of programs. I always use Dreamweaver for my coding. I use Flash and Photoshop all the time though. Even when i'm not making a template, i still use them. I love creating new thingsin photoshop. Everytime you go into that program and fool aorund, you always get something new. I love it!

Hello i decided to reply to thise Question because i am also confuse with the kind of Technological softwares people are using now to design their web site.i have been using dreawearver for some times but it seems to me that it is not what others are using, although iam using the 6 version but can any person tell me the best sofware to use because i have been relying on already made templates from others and it gives me more concern. i am wishing to studu computer science and i want to know more about the Flash and other sofware please is there any one who migh help me aleast show me the best software to use. Agin i need flash help in terms of Commands or its codes
thank you

notepadphotoshop

Aye, no fancy 'auto-webpage' generators here either :)

The best sites are the ones that are easy to look at and dont have a bunch of extra gif and flash animations everywhere.

Like this one for example.

i think Macromedia Dreamweaver and now Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 is the best Web editor in the world. with this powerfull progran you can edit and develop all available technologies for web such as PHP, ASP, Java Script, AJAX, HTML, Cold Fusion and....Adobe Dreamweaver has a nice interface so that all commands and tools are available for user. you can easily create your own sever side base web pages with only following few steps.

A lot of the time I will use Dreamweaver to set up the basics visually, then edit the code manually. Photoshop is also a must for all my graphics. I find a problem with the Macromedia(now Adobe) Dreamweaver is that newbies aren't learning the basics of web design. If they just go to this first then they will never be able to troubleshoot very well. That is my opinion at least.

I use Namo Web Editor 5.0 for most of the design stage
Notepad for the code stage

Graphics i use is microsoft photo editor, and ms paint

I was just happy to find some other web editor to try.

I fastly moved to google and i few milisaconds find namo check their web site where big disappointment waited for me, you hvae to pay to use. That is bad I don't like when something like this happens. And I was so enthusiastic.

I used to use just Notepad. I've got Dreamweaver now. I find it is good for WYSIWYG but also good at highlighting codes. I use Fireworks for my graphics. :)