xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

Well heck. I was going to download Notepad based on it's popularity in this thread, but when I visited Cnet to download it there were several different versions. Which version are most of you using? Also, is there a "lighter" (preferably free) alternative to Photoshop?

macromedia dreamweaver alone is the best software for creating web pages and web application, you can combine it with macromedia fireworks or photoshop for graphics. dreamweaver for me is powerful than frontpage and any other software, it has all the tools you can use in you website; because of its flexibilty, you can create website from a simple html to php.i recommend macromedia dreamweaver to all rather than frontpage, notepad, or any other applications out there...

I have used vareity of softwear for making webdesigns. The main programs i used is Dreamweaver, photoshop, and sometimes notepad. At first, i didn't understand using dreamweaver untill i got used to it. It's depends on what programs is best for you, some like to take the long way and others like to take the short-cut.

i use photoshop to make the graphics and i use notepad to code it. Its harder on notepad than microsoft dreamweaver but i like it because its faster. Althought its easier in dreamweaver because you can see the site while your coding it so.

I use mainly Dreamweaver, for my coding because i like the capability of the design view inside of it so i dont have to constantly ftp. I use Photoshop, for all my graphics, and i use Flash 8 Proffesional for all my flash based design. Also do not ever make all the links on your page in flash. The search engines dont know how to read them and your site will not get alot of traction.

I use Macromedia Fireworks for Graphics design and Macromedia dreamweaver, EmEditor for page programming and somtimes Frontpage :lol:

I use Adobe Photoshop CS2 and plain 'ole notepad. I have Dreamweaver 8 but I just couldn't get use to it.. Everything just went.. so well togeather, lol. I'd be entering a tag and before I knew it the ending tag was up and I was past that part. I just couldn't get use to it, even though I'm sure if I would have tried a little harder I would have understood it. I also have used Microsoft Frontpage because my school has it for webpage and I have to use it. :lol: Only good thing about it is the html section. :lol: Lol.

Since I prefer to concentrate on the content of my website, I've chosen to use Namo WebEditor 6. Its expensive, somewhere around $600, but its worth it if you don't know how to program a website or make graphics for it. This program comes with around 100 templates stored. The styles vary from cherry blossoms to many business styles. The problem is if you've never used a program this complicated before. I'm still figuring out what half of the options are for!