xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

Well i think the programm u use for coding web pages isn't that important like the enviroment you are doing it in.

If u really do want to learn html (php and similar) the smartest thing you might do is setup your localhost server with apache. I will not put any links beacouse i think apache is really easy to find and to setup.

Apache installs it self in folder, and in it's 'htdocs' folder you can store your web pages for local viewing and testing on all browsers. If it is set up right you can just type http://localhost in your browsers address bar and then you would be able to see the page that says 'Apache is sucesfully installed on your sistem'

It really speeds up coding beacouse you can test your code real fast. Let's say you open your code in notepad just change whatever you think needs changing save it (ctrl+s) then (alt+tab) to your browser and refresh your website (localhost), any changes that you made are promptly seen on website.

You can combine it with dreamweaver beacouse in it you can setup your local server to, and when you do that then dreamweaver becomes quite handy and unreplacable tool.

I like using Dreamweaver beacouse of it's powerfull handing with tables, and i'm still in "oldschool" webdesign where everything is sorted in tables (and i belive that is not so "oldschool" after all"..
The same program is excelent for noobs (like myself) beacouse you can simultaniously edit code and see changes on website.

You can ask then why installing local server when you can "test" your pages in dreamweaver. Well that is NOT THE SAME as localhost testing beacouse sometimes dreamweaver "skips" some errors that can apear in browser so when you upload your pages on your "hosting" they might have massive errors in some browsers.

Also i tryed once i think it was called Coffe Html which has that same ability as dreamweaver but was somehow buggy and crashed a lot..

There is SciteFlash too, which is primarly designed for editing FlashActionScript, but has extension for html, php, and all mayor *.* used for designing websites.

For graphic tools there is wide selection and you probably can use any of them as long as they have some sort of Web Optimizing Pictures so that you don't end up with megabyte large websites.
Also you can use Flash which is quite simple to handle and pretty good for creating banners, and content that you really want to be - Visible - on your site...

I was looking for free flash design tool and found it but forgoten to bookmark that page, and now i can't find it any more, the name of the program is on tip of my tounge but i just can't remember. Maybe later...

Hope this helps...

Nothing new here :lol: I also use Dreamweaver for coding and designing a web page. For images and other visual stuff I use Photoshop, sometimes Flash and thats about it...

I wrote about apache webserver as an option that can really help beginners. I'm sorry that it's not new to you who is using Dreamweaver and Photoshop.. And I can bet u bought those programs :(

i see this is a really old topic but since it had been dug up i thought i will make post here too ,the very first and obvious program i use when designing a site is photoshop cs , from which i make the layouts for each of the pages and then i use macromedia flash mx 2004 to add more versatility to my pages ,then i use frontpage to htmlalize the layouts ,when i need to make tons of php code i use a php editor ,those of you who code php in frontpage will now how much of a headache it is to debug your code if you are using frontpage for everything , i never used dreamweaver but maybe i may check it out anyway i am pretty much happy with frontpage so makes no sense for me to jump into another software just because i havent used it :lol:

Im using Dreamweaver and photoshop CS2 and Fireworks. In photoshop i create design, and then i finish the job in Dreamweaver.In the begginig its hard, but then its real simple. You just need time for this stuff.

I use Dreamweaver 8, WebSide for coding and designing. Photoshop CS 2, PhotoFiltre for Graphics and Opera, Firefox, IE 6, IE 7 and Lynx for testing the pages.

i don't use dreamweaver anymore...or anything similar, i am using cms joomla and if i need banner or something like that i use photoshop... i know that joomla isn't dreamweaver but i find joomla a little bit easier than dreamweaver... just a little bit...

I usually get a premade layout, tne edit it like crazy in notepad and mspaint, and make it look completely different, almost to the point where you can't recognize it anymore. After I'm done with that, then I add in a whole bunch of random scripts that do cool things, and then I upload it to a random server.

ermm...i don't know...cuz im frontpage user...

Occasionally I'll use something like frontpage, but mostly I use notepad, and for graphics PSP7 and Photoshop 5.