xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nonsmoker

Smoking Makes You Ugly And Unnatractive

yes i am agree with u and it is true that smoking is bad for health. and it makes people ugly. it makes harm effects on body of humans. but it is also true that most of the Male and female models used to smoke for giving a good shape to their face and body. isnt right. even i smoke but not on regular basis. but occassionaly. now i am have dark circles. under my eyes. so i am trying to quit smoking. and can u tell me the proper medicare to remove this dark circle. and i drink beer also. is that also bad for health for human body. but i dont think so. i think that smoking is more injurious for health then beer. because if beer gives harmfull effect then on the other hand it give good effect also . because it removes stones from the stomatch, it is useful in jondice. it is cold for the body. it makes ur body cool. so give me suggestion on drinking beer is helpful or harmful

Smoking is a disgusting habit. i work at the hospital and i see so many patients smoking outside the main entrance of the hospital. We recently introduced a smoking ban in the hospital premise but many people ignore this. very annoying indeed. Smoking INCREASES the risk of getting lung cancer etc.. It's really bad for your gums, skin, etc.. Why goes through all these health problems by smoking? I think it's pointless. I saw a person who smoked 30 cigarettes a day and she was only 29 years old but she looked more like 40... What's suprising is that i see medical and dental students smoking in the area too..... :lol: yet they are the ones who tell the patients to give up smoking....

But i am not healthy, i am no where near healthy, its not because of the smoking...but i really should stop if i want to help my health. I can stop if i want to, i am not a very addicted person, i just have bad habits.

Everybody says that... try not somking for 2 weeks, see if you'll still say it. Oh btw, if ever during those 2 weeks you feel a strong crave for a ciagarette (nevermind giving in to the crave) you are addicted.
Edited by Blacklaser (see edit history)

I've found the effects smoking has upon the body, though real, are exagerrated in the media. For example, relating to the topic. Though, with many cigarettes and many years, it has proven smoking can cause the skin to loosen, causing wrinkles, it is not as drastric as seen in the media. You see an anti-smoking commercial, and the smoker is this, old rinkled guy with sun spots and pale yellow skin. In reality, it's not so profound. I myself, am a smoke and do not deny the negative health effects it causes upon the body, but being underage, I'm more concerened by the fine given to those caught.Though I have a question for you. I can't understand why you would go out of your way to name yourself 'nonsmoker' then create a thread about it. It seems as if your showing off the fact that you do not smoke.

Hi,
I was reading some of your posts and you say that smoking makes you ugly and look older, bad for your skin, etc etc....

I agree with you( that's one of the reasons I don't smoke) but that's not the point.

I know someone that has never smoked a cigarrete in her life and she has a really bad skin and looks too old for her age.

How do you explain that ? :rolleyes:

Perhaps she's been hanging around smokers and been breathing their air, passive smoking is just as bad (if not worse) than normal smoking.

As for the smoking topic in general, anyone who thinks smoking is cool is pretty dumb. Like a previous poster said, it's like arguing with a doc. I've never smoked at all, and wont likely to start now. It's a shame when a nice girl is around, but when a ciggy is the hand its just wrong... cause personally I dismiss the ladies with a ciggy in their hand.

But yeah, Ciggy isnt really the habit for many to get into (either timewise or financially).

Smoking is bad for you!!! Hmm... but that girl must be sick or lacking Vitamin E... truth is, you can't just get all the bad sickness from smoking but smoking definitely doesn't help you be any healthier.

SMOKING: BUY NOW, PAY LATER!!!

QUIT before it's too late!

I smoke since i was 16 or 18 years old, and to tell you the truth, i don't feel or look ugly, "au contraire", i look gooooood!I know that i could look even better if i didn't smoke, but hey, i don't want to be a "Model"!

In primary school our parents picked us up after class was over, and there was this boy's mom, and for yeaaars we (my classmates and I) used to think it was his grandmother instead of his mom! :P She was only 40 or 42 years old, but she looked like a mummy. Her eyes and cheeks had 'fallen' so deep into her face, her teeth were seriously brown, her face was wrinkled and looked so 'dry', not 'fresh and fruity' anymore, and yes, she smoked like whoa o__o My teachers, who smoked, were, aside from wrinkly and anorexic-looking, often sick aswell. Also, women who have smoked for years, seem to develop this rather low-pitched voice, they sound like men :)

I smoke and I know I shouldn't. Its a bad thing for you,but when you have had a long day at work and completly stressed,smoking helps me get through it. Which I know that sounds like an excuse,but we all make mistakes and sometimes you have to deal with the consquenses.

You are totally wrong. Of course smoking is bad for health, but many things are. Hamburgers are bad for your body, loud disco music is bad for your ears, sitting in front of the computer is bad for your eyes. There's no way to conserve yourself 100% good, there will be always something... even if it's as simple as lack of sleep. In my particular case, a Camel at the middle of the night listening to music is... awesome. Of course, nothing is good in excess, but if you enjoy it so much, why not?

this is just my opinion, i have done recent research on smoking and health at my school, smoking is not always the cause of bad skin or any bad effect of a smoker, its sometimes the way how a person must look in life, no neccesary the effect of smoking, one thing i can assure you that smoking will do, is destroy your lungs, and also other inside organs.

smoking is definitely a harmful thing. a smoker might not feel the effects but it will definitely come at a later time. and it will definitely cut someone's life shorter. initially it will cause changes on the physical look of a smoker (dark and chapped lips). it can cause diseases of the lungs such as emphysema and cancer.honestly speaking, i don't really find validity of the reasons of the smokers (some of my friends) on why they smoke in the first place. some tell me it gives them warmth, some say it calms them, and the worst one was "because it's cool". i personally don't think these reasons are valid enough for one to start smoking.i have weak lungs and it usually creates reactions just on a simple puff of smoke. that's why i hate the fact that i try my best to cure my lungs while these smokers try their best to destroy theirs. i'm not saying i want to smoke, it's just that i don't understand why they can do something like that to their own lungs, considering they have healthy lungs to start with. if possible, i'd switch with someone's healthy lungs and give them my own.

Well when i was in Secondry School i smoked for about a year then stopped as i realised i was wasting my life. I dont know how people say its hard to stop as its really easy, one day i decided i wasnt going to do it anymore and i just stopped i didnt have any withdrawal symptons what so ever. since then i have never touched a cigarette again so its honestly not hard to stop you just have to have the will power.

Edited by mxweb (see edit history)

Smoking to some perspective think its cool but from a far it may seem ugly, I think people who smoke are ugly and its not because of their physical appearance, its because of the second hand smoke, its dangerous yet a few of them don't mind and continue smoking in public areas.