xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nonsmoker

Smoking Makes You Ugly And Unnatractive

I think smoking affects people differently when it boils down to aesthetics... whether it be the smoky atmosphere or the chemicals ingested into the body to create "ugliness."Smoking causes yellowed teeth and fingernails. That's definitely not sexy at all.I personally can look at a girl and as soon as she lifts up a cigarette, I'm out of there.For those of you who buy into the sexy, cool look.... you've been brainwashed into thinking so. (Then again, we all are in some form or another for different things.)I'm always up for helping my friends quit, since the habit IS hazardous to your health, not to mention that it is a good hole in your wallet.I agree with herbal supplements to relax, I suppose... but what ever happened to natural highs? Do something that you enjoy: read a book, watch a movie, or even just relax and daydream. Life can't be so stressful that you would rather smoke a cigarette than do something that you would prefer to do.It also amazes me what lengths people take to have a cigarette, too. Kids in basic and AIT risk getting caught and spending even longer times or punishments just for a friggin' drag. It's ridiculous.I still find it horribly ironic that medics and medical personnel smoke.Argh.(Sorry if this sounded fragmented... because it was. :) )You know that a lot of the chemicals in cigarettes are carcinogens. It's really bad that a friend of mine lost her father to lung cancer caused by cigarettes. What's even worse is that she herself is starting to smoke pot, which of course kind of tells me that she probably didn't push much of an effort to getting her dad to quit. During the funeral service all I could hear in my head were things like "Cigarettes caused cancer... you knew this... you didn't do anything proactive to getting your father to quit... and now he's passed away and NOW you're sad?" It's the uglier side of me, but it's the truth that hurts.Don't smoke, and if you do, quit before health complications occur. It's not my place to tell people what to do, but it's good advice to follow.

Hi allIm a beauty therapist and have seen a lot of skin in my work. I too used to smoke what have i noticed since i quit? Improvement in skin tone texture and circulation and its a lot smoother. Cigarettes deplete vitamin c needed for repair of skin and also vitamin a which helps skin stay smooth and young looking. Smoking will make you ugly and stinky and poor and not nice to be around the best thing i have ever done in my life is quit smoking!!!

I hate to admit that i am a heavy smoker....wish i wasn't but i am...i am 46...but don't look my age been told i look mid to late 30's...my mum has always smoked...she's now 65 and doesn't look her age either....my best friend who doesn't smoke and won't b around smokers (i never smoke in her company)...is the same age as me and she gets peed off cos she looks a lot older than me...i know some docs say it makes u look older...some say that's rubbish n just genetics that affect aging....so i think it's safer to say it just depends on the person...those that r genetically prone to age quicker will...and will age more if they smoke probably....same with alcohol as well that's supposed to age u as well yet i know some alcoholics that don't look their age at all...we r all different...what does 1 thing to one person may not do the same thing to another...as for saying that it makes people ugly...isn't that a bit nasty?...it is the wat a person acts that makes them ugly not their lookscaz

i dont know if you people know a recent study has proven that in the today's busy lifestyle if we smoke it affects our reproductive system the most and make them impotent who smokes more often.

slightly off topic but, I love how the guy that made this topics name was nonsmoker, he joined in august of 05... and he made a post about how bad smoking was... it was his only post...

It IS possible for someone to just look older and have bad skin. For example, I have a sister-in-law who looks 12 and she's 22, and I have bad skin. Neither of us smoke. People can do things like that--it happens. But smoking does do it as well. This little argument of yours does not prove that smoking doesn't cause that stuff. It can happen on its own, but if you smoke it will for sure happen. Plus, that's not the important part--smoking will kill you. If skin and aging is the thing your most worried about when you smoke, then that's probably why you smoke because you don't knot that it can kill you. (I know you don't smoke, I was speaking generally about people who smoke.)