xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nonsmoker

Smoking Makes You Ugly And Unnatractive

Hi,I was reading some of your posts and you say that smoking makes you ugly and look older, bad for your skin, etc etc....I agree with you( that's one of the reasons I don't smoke) but that's not the point.I know someone that has never smoked a cigarrete in her life and she has a really bad skin and looks too old for her age.How do you explain that ? -_-

I don't know much about smoking but is she around lots of other smokers? If she is then she could be breathing in second-hand smoke which I hear is worse than first-hand.She could also be suffering from deficiency diseases (such as lack of vitmain c - scurvy). I think lack of Vitamin A causes rough skin and impaired bone growth. Welcome to the forums btw...

Oh by the way Elle, Paulina, Cyndi, Christie Turlington, Stephamie Seymour, Linda, Evangalista, Naoni Campbell are all smokers and have been for years. I think the only one of the bunch which had to stop is christie cause some breathing problems. But the thing is that they're all top models and have perfect skin. Smoking has nothing to do with skin stuff, genetics has.

Smoking can add to the bad effects on skin, and other parts of human's body but not only smoking but there are many factors that determine the skin of a person. Even heavy smokers may still have good skin and healthy appearance till they are quite old too. But the point here is that it would have been even better for those people also, if they have not been smoking throughout their lives. I personally don't like to smoke and don't smoke from my childhood and its perfectly okay with me not to smoke. I am rather proud that I don't smoke. But that doesn't assure me that I'll have a glowing skin altogether. There is something one cannot have without gift from God (or called it nature's gift for un-believers) and this gift is with those names - those stars you have mentioned above. I feel that smoking is something rather funny these days. I saw people who would like to smoke going inside a certain glass room ( it looks to me like who are outcasted) just to smoke.... and the smoke engult the whole glass room. I would become more and more difficult for smokers in the coming days. Better not to smoke... -_-

It may effect your skin, but smoking causes severe breathing pronlems. I know a doctor who sees people all the time dying because they were smokers. The sooner you quit the better. don't be fooled by those, so called, filters. They don't work worth beans. Just a gimmick to charge more. You pay to throw away your lungs.Also, if you have been in the military and been in close contact with the asbestos with old naval submarines, and you were smoking at any period in your life, it increases your chance of mesothelioma by about 20 times. It is a severe cancer that causes death by suffocation. And I have watched someone die from it.Smoking is a bad habit that is dangerous for your health. If there are any people who are smoking here, stop before its too late. Trust me!

It may effect your skin, but smoking causes severe breathing pronlems.  I know a doctor who sees people all the time dying because they were smokers.  The sooner you quit the better.  don't be fooled by those, so called, filters.  They don't work worth beans.  Just a gimmick to charge more.  You pay to throw away your lungs.

Also, if you have been in the military and been in close contact with the asbestos with old naval submarines, and you were smoking at any period in your life, it increases your chance of mesothelioma by about 20 times.  It is a severe cancer that causes death by suffocation.  And I have watched someone die from it.

Smoking is a bad habit that is dangerous for your health.  If there are any people who are smoking here, stop before its too late.  Trust me!

203084[/snapback]

i will someday, but right now, i cant, i either dont have the willpower to, dont want to, or am not ready to. I have eben smoking since i was 14, thi is my 6th year now of smoking. Everyday i think about quiting, but its harder to do it then to think it/say it.

People dont quit till it's the right time for them.

Nicotine is the bane of all people trying to quit smoking. It's the 'addictive' drug in cigarettes. Mate, all I can say, is keep trying, and maybe see your doctor or phamicist about it.There are many factors that can cause someone to age rapidly. These can include smoking, sunlight exposure, genetics, etc.

People don't normally quit untill they notice something majorly wrong with them.

Oh by the way Elle, Paulina, Cyndi, Christie Turlington, Stephamie Seymour, Linda, Evangalista, Naoni Campbell are all smokers and have been for years. I think the only one of the bunch which had to stop is christie cause some breathing problems. But the thing is that they're all top models and have perfect skin. Smoking has nothing to do with skin stuff, genetics has

True, but smoking can effect the skin in cases. . . . but anyways. . .when do u actually see the skin of a model :lol: . . . they wear liek another skin's worth of foundation on the catwalk, and in photo shoots everythign is "photoshoped to perfection" lol

I'm 17 and I smoke. I look like I'm 10. Smoking is absolutley horrible for you, I know this but yet I still smoke. I think the only reason I smoke is because I am so stressed out. I have a feeling that once I'm out of highschool and most definitly this town I will probably stop smoking. I'm not worried about the wrinkles, smell. or possibly being "ugly" to people but I'm worried about the health effects. Frankly I want to be around to have kids and watch the grow up. Knowing my luck I would get some kind of breathing problem due to the fact that I still smoke. I intend on quitting soon ( BUT actually quitting this time for good) I think anyone who isn't stressed out should just quit now while they can.

Smoking makes you smell, but i dont think it makes you have bad skin. Maybe dirty skin, or something but not bad. I find guys who smoke to be really sexy, i like the druggie look. But that is not the point.I smoke, its funny because i smoked more before i was 18 then i do now that i am 18. Partially because its easier to bum off ciggerettes when you cant go out and buy them, but since now i can people basiclly tell me i can buy my own, im old enough. I don't smoke constantly, one pack can easily last me a week, if not more because i only smoke when im nervous, or just need a break. But i am not healthy, i am no where near healthy, its not because of the smoking...but i really should stop if i want to help my health. I can stop if i want to, i am not a very addicted person, i just have bad habits. Smokers who dont take care of themselves, always look bad because the smoke gets stuck on their clothes, and skin and thats what makes them look bad. But if they take showers reguraly, wash their clothes, clean their house, and only smoke outside...they really don't look bad. Its those who sit on their couch smoking a ciggerette in clothes they have been wearing for 2 days that look bad.

Chronic smokers are bad. Even if your hot or sexy looking and smoking at the same time while you cough. That's nto sexy anymore. I feel bad for people who look really nice and they end up holding that piece of rolled up tobacco in their mouths and it doesn't look good. ITs like an accessory that doesn't go with the dress lol. I know its bad for your health and gives you major breath problems. So I make a pledge not to smoke. ANd even if i do it will only be second hand smoking. lol. but not like i wanted it.

Of course people who don?t smoke can get ugly and older, and all of that. There are lots of genetical, metabolical and environmental factorsOnly because driving can result in your death doesn?t mean that people who doesn?t drive don?t die. :D PS: I don?t smoke cigaretes because they taste awfully. :D I couldn?t get addicted to that.

Smoking doesn't necessarily give you bad skin but it does yellow your teeth which can make you look very unattractive. As for that lady, maybe she just has bad genes or is on an unhealthy diet.

I used to smoke, till I came to realise how amazingly stupid it was. Unless you've got something like severe Irritible Bowel Syndrome it has no positive aspects whatsoever. There is nothing good about it, only bad. Every cigarette you smoke takes 5 minutes off your life that will require one year of non-smoking to get back. 5 minutes might not seem like much until you add up all the cigarettes over your life and then it becomes a lot. I've known a lot of people who have died or are on their way out because of smoking. My sister and her partner smoke but only outside because they have children and yet I found my 4 year old niece (her daughter) alseep with mucus frothing out of her mouth from her lungs. Smokers (my sister included) always try to make excuses but that is all they are - excuses. Excuses make you feel better about something you know is wrong and you'd be hard pressed to find a smoker who doesn't know that smoking is bad. Stupidity, that's all it is.Don't use the excuse that you're stressed - there are healthy alternatives like St John's Wort and B vitamins. Stop kidding yourselves - it IS harming you, you WILL die before you're meant to and it does NOT look cool, it looks revolting, breathing in toxic smoke.The stupidity never ceases to astound me.

Edited by Thorned Rose (see edit history)