xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wondered what people feel about this? I personally believe that it's wrong and wouldn't mind chatting to others who believe otherwise to see what they think.

Dear friend what I think again here on this topic view may vary like anything. Personally I think its against the nature. Obviously many may differ my opinion but God made males for females and vice versa and not the other way so what I think going for such a relation is entirely against the nature or I should say against the law of nature. As I don't think it to be a natural deed. If compared to animals we are many a times intelligent and I think I have never seen any animal indulging in such an unnatural deed or relation. But obviously again I should say that it depends from person to person.

Once again, this boils down to personal choice. If someone wants to be gay, then why not let them? If "God" didn't want people to be gay, then why did he even leave them that option? Why didn't he program us to not want to be gay? Also, homosexuality does not discontinue their humanity; they are simply being themselves and aren't hurting anyone else (if they are hurting others, then they should be treated as normal criminals are). People should just stop being so judging. And yes, it's unnatural, but it also rids you of some potential competition. I guess people just need to be cool and let people be who they are and not be so judging.

Personally I see nothing wrong with homosexuality. Biologically our bodies may not be made to reproduce that way as some may argue but in the end it is a personal and conscious choice. As long as they do not impinge or force their own views on me I am fine with the concept.

Everyone has a right to live his life as he wants ( unless it disturbs others ). and in no way homosexuality can affect others. Its just that this concept is new for us and hence we are reluctant to accept it. I think as the time passes and we boceme more familiar to people who are gay, we will become more comfortable with the concept of homosexuality and eventually the society will also accept it.

Personally I see nothing wrong with homosexuality. Biologically our bodies may not be made to reproduce that way as some may argue but in the end it is a personal and conscious choice. As long as they do not impinge or force their own views on me I am fine with the concept.

Homosexuality often isn't a "choice". People are born with their sexual orientation , just as they are their skin or hair colour. Homosexuality has existed in animals for millions of years , and now it is easier to live in modern society being homosexual without the fear of being persecuted. They are making the conscious choice to have sex , yes , but that simply owes to their orientation.

There is no excuse for being a "u Know What"..its freaking disgusting and shouldnt be allowed anywhere.

A "u Know What". Lol. So what do you think homosexuals are like? As soon as they realise their sexuality , they turn into faries and start wearing make up and start talking in a camp accent? They are normal people. People you work with , people you pass in the street. Honestly , the only thing that should be banned is narrow minded idiots like you who cannot provide a reason for it being "freaking disgusting and shouldnt be allowed anywhere". No excuse? How about being born who you are , and not supressing that?

There is no excuse for being a "u Know What"..its freaking disgusting and shouldnt be allowed anywhere.

Wow. Such ignorant people. :)

I don't want to sound harsh or as a flamer and insult you with this reply, but do you know what is freedom of choice? Do you know how badly you are discriminating people who chose a sexual orientation which by your criteria (which you got from your parents/community) is immoral? If God exists and he is all-knowing he would have most certainly known that he was born that way. Nobody made him or her to pick this or that sexual orientation for you people to discriminate against, and for proof of this just see the animals. Homosexual relations exist even between them. Their parents didn't educate them what to pick.

You shouldn't hate and bash/flame people because of what they are. They haven't made a crime by having a relation by a same-sex person (of course, they have made a crime if they live in totalitarian states like Iran where two gay kids both under 15 y. were hanged because of their sex orientation!)

Now think of this. Please.

Wow. Such ignorant people. :)

I don't want to sound harsh or as a flamer and insult you with this reply, but do you know what is freedom of choice? Do you know how badly you are discriminating people who chose a sexual orientation which by your criteria (which you got from your parents/community) is immoral? If God exists and he is all-knowing he would have most certainly known that he was born that way. Nobody made him or her to pick this or that sexual orientation for you people to discriminate against, and for proof of this just see the animals. Homosexual relations exist even between them. Their parents didn't educate them what to pick.

You shouldn't hate and bash/flame people because of what they are. They haven't made a crime by having a relation by a same-sex person (of course, they have made a crime if they live in totalitarian states like Iran where two gay kids both under 15 y. were hanged because of their sex orientation!)

Now think of this. Please.

Freedom of choice??????LOL!!!!!! :):D:(:D:(

How do you like it that gay people adopt INNOCENT little kids?? Don't the kids have rights to their freedom? How would you have liked it if you had been raised by gay people? Tell me what kind of values they would have probably instilled in you?

People just cant be allowed to make free choices if humanity is to move forward. being gay is just as bad a vice as any other individual can commit be it murder or abortion.

I dont have to stress the differece between animals and people. Humans are animals that can think and debate about these kind of issues and we can shape our tomorrow unlike animals. well they try but we got a bigger brain thats why our civilisation has progressed faster.

Don't you know even in the animal kingdom..animals commit murder? now just because animals do such AS WELL does that mean it has to be allowed???? lol! thats a new way of debating...citing animal behaviour as a basis for judging humans. :D:D:D

Hey dont even talk about religion mate. God created murder..is that right? is't right coz he's the one who brought it along??? even rape..God being all-seeing..permits it..does that mean its cool?

Allowing gayism is just like allowing stealing...a crime. now if a thief decides to steal and we just agree that its in the human blood to grab something that is not ours once in a while...where are we taking the human race to? these feelings of loathing for crazy things have to be suppressed by all means. Like marrying cows, donkeys, etc....whats the difference really? just coz someone feels attracted to a cow does that mean we can just allow that?

Get real peopla and think about the children you're going to have. in what kind of society are they going to grow up in? being all girly over another dude..or having strong morals of discipline and self control?

Freedom of choice??????LOL!!!!!! :):):D:(:D

How do you like it that gay people adopt INNOCENT little kids?? Don't the kids have rights to their freedom? How would you have liked it if you had been raised by gay people? Tell me what kind of values they would have probably instilled in you?

I never said that homosexuals adopting children is okay. I was going to say that I was going to agree with you on this. But then, I thought of thiefs, bandits, murderers, rapists, piromans, corrupted bankers and other bad people adopting (or raising) kids with nobody making noise like you peeps do. They shouldn't have kids either, because if homosexuality is a crime and they shouldn't have kids, neither should the other people who commit crimes. Don't tell me it's a non sequitur because it is. Many kids raised by them also are becoming what they are, but many DON'T so my stance is still.

People just cant be allowed to make free choices if humanity is to move forward. being gay is just as bad a vice as any other individual can commit be it murder or abortion.

By whose criteria? Did they rape somebody or did they make somebody to be gay? I don't think so. Oh, and since when shouldn't people have free will? Oh, since... when... oh... never. Democracy allows people to have free will (between the borders of the defined morality, of course).

I dont have to stress the differece between animals and people. Humans are animals that can think and debate about these kind of issues and we can shape our tomorrow unlike animals. well they try but we got a bigger brain thats why our civilisation has progressed faster.

Don't you know even in the animal kingdom..animals commit murder? now just because animals do such AS WELL does that mean it has to be allowed???? lol! thats a new way of debating...citing animal behaviour as a basis for judging humans. :D:D:D

I took a bad example. I give up on this one. Will give a new one when I'm going to think of one, maybe tommorow :(

Hey dont even talk about religion mate. God created murder..is that right? is't right coz he's the one who brought it along??? even rape..God being all-seeing..permits it..does that mean its cool?

Aw dude, the Devil created the murder. Remember the first murder when Cain killed Abel?  This doesn't make that the Devil created homosexuality, but some say it's in the genes of the human and others say that it's by choice. You didn't give me a proof that homosexuality is banned in the bible and you don't have to read between the lines.

Allowing gayism is just like allowing stealing...a crime. now if a thief decides to steal and we just agree that its in the human blood to grab something that is not ours once in a while...where are we taking the human race to? these feelings of loathing for crazy things have to be suppressed by all means. Like marrying cows, donkeys, etc....whats the difference really? just coz someone feels attracted to a cow does that mean we can just allow that?

Since when is homosexuality a crime?? If it's a crime why isn't it punished everywhere in the world? Oh, and since when do you have to allow someone to do whatever they want if they don't do anything to you? Oh, and how can you compare an animal with a human and I can't, didn't you ruin my previous example above with the fact that 'citing animal behaviour as a basis for judging humans' was bad?

Get real peopla and think about the children you're going to have. in what kind of society are they going to grow up in? being all girly over another dude..or having strong morals of discipline and self control?

I don't understand what you were trying to say with this. Please re-explain if you can.

1Freedom of choice??????LOL!!!!!! :):):D:(:D How do you like it that gay people adopt INNOCENT little kids?? Don't the kids have rights to their freedom? How would you have liked it if you had been raised by gay people? Tell me what kind of values they would have probably instilled in you?

2People just cant be allowed to make free choices if humanity is to move forward. being gay is just as bad a vice as any other individual can commit be it murder or abortion.

3I dont have to stress the differece between animals and people. Humans are animals that can think and debate about these kind of issues and we can shape our tomorrow unlike animals. well they try but we got a bigger brain thats why our civilisation has progressed faster.

4Don't you know even in the animal kingdom..animals commit murder? now just because animals do such AS WELL does that mean it has to be allowed???? lol! thats a new way of debating...citing animal behaviour as a basis for judging humans. :D:D:D

5Hey dont even talk about religion mate. God created murder..is that right? is't right coz he's the one who brought it along??? even rape..God being all-seeing..permits it..does that mean its cool?

6Allowing gayism is just like allowing stealing...a crime. now if a thief decides to steal and we just agree that its in the human blood to grab something that is not ours once in a while...where are we taking the human race to? these feelings of loathing for crazy things have to be suppressed by all means. Like marrying cows, donkeys, etc....whats the difference really? just coz someone feels attracted to a cow does that mean we can just allow that?

7Get real peopla and think about the children you're going to have. in what kind of society are they going to grow up in? being all girly over another dude..or having strong morals of discipline and self control?

Right. I'm going to break down and destroy your argument in sperate statements. As you see , I have labbeled the points I am going to adress.

1: Gay people don't just waltz into a home and steal a kid. The parents have to be evaluated , and if they are seen as fit they will be allowed to adopt. What kind of kid would turn down a home because it was a gay couple? The kids obviously get asked if they want to be adopted , you act as if it's some kind of slave trade. And I'm sure , Gay parents do not encourage their children to be gay. They would not want them to suffer the abuse that they get at the hands of idiots like you , they'd raise him like a normal kid. What do you mean , different rights? Gay People are people , they are the same as straight people apart from the people they choose to have relationships with.

2: If humanity is to move forward , it needs to become diverse and accept it's own diversity. Free will is the basis on which our modern society is built on. Gay people aren't holding us back , they move along in everyday society like everybody else. They move on like everybody else. How is it as bad as murder or violence? It harms noone.

3: One word. Evolution

4: Anyone with even a trace of a brain cell could work out that animals are incredibly less moral than us. They do what they need to do to survive , just like us.

5: God gave us independence , it's every man's choice what he should do with it.

6: Just because someone is attracted to a woman , should we allow that? None of your points have made any sense thus far.It isn't the same thing , Homosexuals are people , not a seperate species like narrow minded imbeciles like you.

7: They wouldn't be "all girly over another dude" , as I doubt the parents would let their kid watch them have sex. They'd talk to the kid and explain what was different with their parents , and how you shoudln't copy it. People are born with discipline. If social services didn't see the parents fit to discipline the child , then they would not sign the adoption papers

Right. I'm going to break down and destroy your argument in sperate statements. As you see , I have labbeled the points I am going to adress.

((A)) Gay people don't just waltz into a home and steal a kid. The parents have to be evaluated , and if they are seen as fit they will be allowed to adopt. What kind of kid would turn down a home because it was a gay couple? The kids obviously get asked if they want to be adopted , you act as if it's some kind of slave trade. And I'm sure , Gay parents do not encourage their children to be gay. They would not want them to suffer the abuse that they get at the hands of idiots like you , they'd raise him like a normal kid. What do you mean , different rights? Gay People are people , they are the same as straight people apart from the people they choose to have relationships with.

((:D) If humanity is to move forward , it needs to become diverse and accept it's own diversity. Free will (??) is the basis on which our modern society is built on. Gay people aren't holding us back , they move along in everyday society like everybody else. They move on like everybody else. How is it as bad as murder or violence? It harms noone.

3: One word. Evolution

(Š) Anyone with even a trace of a brain cell could work out that animals are incredibly less moral than us. They do what they need to do to survive , just like us.

((D)) God gave us independence , it's every man's choice what he should do with it.

((E)) Just because someone is attracted to a woman , should we allow that? :):):(:( HOW OLD ARE YOU?? None of your points have made any sense thus far.It isn't the same thing , Homosexuals are people , not a seperate species like narrow minded imbeciles like you.

((F)) They wouldn't be "all girly over another dude" , as I doubt the parents would let their kid watch them have sex. They'd talk to the kid and explain what was different with their parents , and how you shoudln't copy it. People are born with discipline. If social services didn't see the parents fit to discipline the child , then they would not sign the adoption papers

Taking after you, a learned and great thinker(im truly not being sarcastic here lol!)...i've also highlighted where i think i can help you or shed some light.

A) Lets all be adults here and agree to this: social services are run poorly..everywhere. Kids are given to irresponsible parents who most often just get them to milk the gov. I don't need to debate with you here if you are being objective mate.

Now, the chances are flipping high that a kid will be given to an oversexed gay people who may pull some stunts in front of him/her that may make her puke (as it'll be weird for two guys to pull, considering the "normal" instinct everyone has is to go for the opposite sex..so the kid may already have some crushes).

In this scenario..we end up with a confused kid about who can just accept anything because people are diverse..even hooking up with a felon or who takes alcohol to school..because we all have different needs..and the human race has to respect that divesity!

:( you say free will...dawg..free will to commit a crime?? come on, the debate here is about allowing this kind of act or not so don't talk about free will because its not yet a right (in this debate dude) to be gay. Okay.lets be objective here and talk some sense.

Here i've dissolved your attempt to cloud and divert the core issues to the fight 4 rights. because i'll just say its crime and you'll say its not..so let be a bit intellegent and use facts mate.

C) Animals are incredibly less moral than us? well some of them are indeed gay, yes sure they don't have morals. what's your point here, i never said they are saints or holy. I actually think humans should work out problems in a civilsed way as opposed to animals.

D) God gave us independence and bla blah blah.. dude wake up!! the reason why we have criminals courts and even the feds is so that we can keep human behaviour in check! Yes good we have the power to even kill...so what, we should kill when we get the chance??

what you just said there is not even a point. you have a knack of clouding an argument and diverting the core topics to some petty issues you know. Again, i've had to steer your ship back for you. catch a wake up.

E) what are you saying here pal??? how can the human race develop? if we allow ONLY gay marriages..we are doomed! :D:D:D:D

For now i think im done. I can provide hundreds of other reasons. PLEASE DONT BE OFFENDED IF I CALL(ED) YOU NAMES..its really something i dont mean personally, it would be a slur in the spirit of the debate.

Edited by africa (see edit history)

Taking after you, a learned and great thinker(im truly not being sarcastic here lol!)...i've also highlighted where i think i can help you or shed some light.

A) Lets all be adults here and agree to this: social services are run poorly..everywhere. Kids are given to irresponsible parents who most often just get them to milk the gov. I don't need to debate with you here if you are being objective mate.

Now, the chances are flipping high that a kid will be given to an oversexed gay people who may pull some stunts in front of him/her that may make her puke (as it'll be weird for two guys to pull, considering the "normal" instinct everyone has is to go for the opposite sex..so the kid may already have some crushes).

In this scenario..we end up with a confused kid about who can just accept anything because people are diverse..even hooking up with a felon or who takes alcohol to school..because we all have different needs..and the human race has to respect that divesity!

:D you say free will...dawg..free will to commit a crime?? come on, the debate here is about allowing this kind of act or not so don't talk about free will because its not yet a right (in this debate dude) to be gay. Okay.lets be objective here and talk some sense.

Here i've dissolved your attempt to cloud and divert the core issues to the fight 4 rights. because i'll just say its crime and you'll say its not..so let be a bit intellegent and use facts mate.

C) Animals are incredibly less moral than us? well some of them are indeed gay, yes sure they don't have morals. what's your point here, i never said they are saints or holy. I actually think humans should work out problems in a civilsed way as opposed to animals.

D) God gave us independence and bla blah blah.. dude wake up!! the reason why we have criminals courts and even the feds is so that we can keep human behaviour in check! Yes good we have the power to even kill...so what, we should kill when we get the chance??

what you just said there is not even a point. you have a knack of clouding an argument and diverting the core topics to some petty issues you know. Again, i've had to steer your ship back for you. catch a wake up.

E) what are you saying here pal??? how can the human race develop? if we allow ONLY gay marriages..we are doomed! :D:D:):)

For now i think im done. I can provide hundreds of other reasons. PLEASE DONT BE OFFENDED IF I CALL(ED) YOU NAMES..its really something i dont mean personally, it would be a slur in the spirit of the debate.

Getting slightly repetitive having to repeat everything I say.

A) They aren't. Perhaps not to the standard that they should be , but kids aren't just offloaded and the first oppurtunity. BAckground checks are made , and mass serial killers aren't likely to be legible. It's impossible to milk the gov this way as child benefits come whether or not the child is adopted.

How are the chances "Flipping High"?. Not all , if any gay people are complete whores who take any chance at the whiff of sex. Surely , the parents would have some sort of privacy? Instead of just shagging everywhere including where their child is. They'd know they'd have to be careful with their intimacy , as the child may get the wrong idea. Your stereotype of Homosexuals is degrading and insulting. There is no such thing as normal , simply common. Heterosexuality is common , not normal. Nothing can really be defined as normal.

B)Free will do to what they want with that will. Being gay does not require rights. Free will , which is extensively being open about your sexuality. Sexuality is a natural thing , just as you and me are straight. It's not crime , as it violates NOTHING. Core rights are freedom. The kids get the choice to turn downfoster parents. Homosexuals live and contribute to society. They are not a seperate species. Homosexual is a word to define a certain feature within a person , in this instance it being sexuality. You give me some valid examples of kids who've been screwed up from having same sex parents and I might start conceding.

C) You stated that they commited murder , I merely stated that they know no better , while we do.

D)again , free will/independence. We choose to punish the deeds we find wrong , I'm just saying people have the choice whether to commit these deeds , and therefore face the consequences. Oh , and I hate it when people twist my word and not even in proper grammar , so please don't do that anymore. No , we should not kill when we get the chance , but it is the individuals choice whether he goes through with it or not.

Apparently not a point) I'm relating to the arguments closely linked with this one. Not clouding , if anything clearing the argument

E) Again , twisting my words. I said , banning M/M - F/F is the same concept as banning heterosexual marriages. So , in your point of view , to straight people can marry eachother with no love or passion whatsoever , do whatever the hell they want but still marry?And Homosexuals aren't? Don't play the marriage is sacred card , as it's being abused to hell in modern day society. Perhaps allowing genuine gay love would actually restore some of the glory in the word marriage. Yeah , great reasoning there , africa.

Hundreds of other reasons? There are millions from my side of the argument.

is homosexuality wrong?

Does it actually matter whether people are gay or straight? If a couple who are both 100% heterosexual never have kids and don't want any does that mean they are wrong/unnatural also?

No one has the right to say what is right or wrong. We are a tiny speck in the middle of a huge universe and when you think about it, this question is pretty irrelavent. Sorry to repeat whats been said probably a million times before, but people are dying all over the world... Babies are dying of starvation in Africa! And narrow-minded idiots need to stop being so pathetic and carry on with their own sad little lives.

Bri09

Of COURSE itIs Homosexuality Right Or Wrong?

I think the question whether  homosexuality is right or wrong is just stupid ! I mean just as so many have already said: why judge what is with such hostility and disgust, after all it is not us who say what is correct and whats not, whats "natural" and whats not. I mean its just a matter of personal preference, and thats what makes us so diverse and unique. I mean, shouldn't two people who love each other be left alone and stay happy... and another thing for those who think it's unnatural ask yourselves this: if it really was unnatural would it exist in the first place? I mean is it not unethical to punch someone in the face, to sentence him to death, to give him a lifetime in prison just because of that one thing.

OF COURSE IT IS !!

And nobody should be discremenated in any way: if it were of their gender, sexuality, race... We all have our opinions, our hopes and aspirations, so why deny ourselves the right to express oursleves and our being just because it's "different" (or actually made "different" by society), just because some people do not accept it. I mean I am bisexual and I am perfectly ok with it, I have dated a number of people, men and women, and never have I regreted by being. Unless we accept ourselves for being who we are we will never be truly happy. Furthermore since we are on the subject, lets talk about gay marriage: I mean love is love, so marriage should be allowed to anyone as long as passion and love is in their love. For example, if a heterosexual couple got married a marriage based on money (suppose the girl's a gold a gold digger) shouldn't a gay couple who really love each other be allow that same right, the right to spend eternity in each others arms. Thus homosexuality was never wrong, what's really wrong is the judgemental attitude that so many have.

-reply by Lloyd