xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Romans 1:24-28 (New King James Version)

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves

25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.

27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

is homosexuality wrong? Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong?Everyone has the feeling of love, whether its to the same sex or the opposite sex. I believe homosexuality is just someone's choice, it's not wrong at all. Its not like someone can just change how they feel about another, people get picked on everyday because of how they are meant to be.. Its just wrong! We can change all the pain homosexuals go through if you just give them a chance, they are the same as everyone else. I don't see how anyone could be so rude. Who came up with the saying, "that's so gay?"... I have been around many homosexuals and I never even knew the difference.So homosexuality is certainly not wrong. Who cares what other people think? They are their own person, they can make their own choices. This is deffinately a choice that individuals need to make themselves. Anyone else can mind their own business.-reply by Miyah&Krystle

<p>Romans 1:24-28 (New King James Version)</p><p>24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves</p>
<p> 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. </p>
<p>26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.</p>
<p> 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. </p>
<p>28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;</p>

Numbers 25:4 4 The LORD said to Moses, "Take all the leaders of these people, kill them and expose them in broad daylight before the LORD, so that the LORD's fierce anger may turn away from Israel."

Exodus 21:2-4 2 "If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. 3 If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.

This topic may be whether or not homosexuality is right or wrong, but you quote the bible saying homosexuality is wrong, and i quote the bible saying that genocide and slavery is perfectly okay, and yet, I'm sure most people today feel that genocide is wrong (holocaust) and that slavery is wrong, (holocaust, the slavery of African Americans).
Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

I am homosexual. Which I understand to mean that I am sexually attracted to other men rather than to women. Frankly, I would prefer to be sexually attracted to women rather than to other men. I don?t like being homosexual; but neither do I hate myself for being homosexual, nor do I believe that being homosexual is ?bad? or ?immoral?. I do, however, believe that it is deficient. I feel like I am missing out on something very important at both the biological and the affective levels because I am not interested in sex with a woman. I am missing out on reproducing and I cannot enjoy the kind of bodily intimacy with a woman that I desire from other men. My conclusion is that homosexuality is like being colour blind: I can still ?see?, but only in monochrome, so to speak ? I.E. I can enjoy the pleasure of sex and some of the intimacy, but only with another man, and therefore only with one who is also homosexual. Which means that I cannot experience the ?full spectrum of colour? heterosexual men can ? I.E. Respond sexually to a woman and father a child. And I wish I could . Indeed, I believe I should be able to as a human being. Homosexuality is a disability I have to live with. Heterosexuality is, therefore, preferable to homosexuality because it is able to incorporate all the aspects of sex: pleasure, intimacy and reproduction ? the combination of which is what sex is all about.Now, I know there will be many people out there who will think that I'm really not homosexual (especially because I never used the word "gay" -- stupid word!). That this is a pose. And there will be others who will tell me that I'm a "self-hating *BLEEP*". I get a lot of both reactions. Just goes to show how bigotted people can be...-reply by jonahk

I'm 14 years of age, and have just finished doing an oral presentation on the issue homosexuality. I find it completly wrong that their is people out there who discriminate against homosexuals. No one chooses their sexual orientation so why should it bother other people weather they are sexually atracted to the opposite. People are who they are and no-one can change that. Love is love shouldn't everyone just be happy they have that.

-reply by beccky

I believe it's ok because ppl should do whatever they want if they don't hurt other people. The only thing that i don't like about two gay guys is when they kiss on the street, i find it kind of grouse but this is not a motive to reject someone beliefs, or sexual orientation.

Gay men =) xIs Homosexuality Right Or Wrong?

Homosexuality is more right than ever.. Hetrasexuality is jus the same.. Love is Love and that's that ! I'm 14 years old andIm not homosexual myself but Homsexual men are the best.. And it's not like you can stop love or howthey live or act =)  a big Hello to all homosexual men :) xxx ily <3 especially my special guy :) x

-reply by Kate

I find the results of this poll quite disturbing. 35% of people don't think homosexuality is acceptable? Is that really the world we live in?I'm not gay but I am convinced that it is not a choice and to discriminate against homosexuals is as unacceptable as discriminating on the basis of race, religion, gender or age - all of which I think are unacceptable. It is simply not morally justifiable, regardless of whether or not you agree with homosexuality.I think non acceptance of homosexuality fundamental stems from religion. It is probably the only issue on which the American Bible Belt and the Islamic world agree and I just think its unacceptable.

Biologically there is no difference in homosexuals or heterosexuals. It's a choice you make, just like love, you choose to love someone. Same sex, sexual relationship don't seem too natural, but society tends to except it. In my mind it's not not natural for a guy to have sex with a guy or for a girl to attempt to have sex, however that works, with another girl.  Same sex couples are able to naturally make children, something is a little off. Most people are being shaped by society and are not really making these decisions on their own. 200 years ago how many homosexual relationships were there? 

Looking back on this whole ordeal most societies when they tend to begin to accept homosexual relationships as a sociological norm begin to decay from the inside out. Ladies and Gentlemen if you do research and look at every society that encouraged homosexuality, you will see that as a nation they began to break down as the core family unit was replaced with abnormalities. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. But the more you embrace homosexuality and morality lines become blurred, you lose hold of the fabrics that hold society together. 

-reply by Natural Selection - Social Scientist

get over it homophobic retards!Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong?

They say that it is wrong, that homosexuality is a sin, but if this isSo then why does it happen?

I'm sure most if not all homosexuals do notChoose to become gay, they cant help who they are attracted to. In factIt would make their lives alot eaiser to be straight, that way theyWouldnt be discriminated against by friends, family and strangers.

Many homosexuals are scared to come out to their parents as they fear that they well be unloved, disowned and beaten. 

What is sad the most is that in todays sociaty, we have overcome all theRacism and sexism, yet homosexuals are still fighting to be recongisedAs a cupple in most countries and are still facing the death penatly inOthers.

My words of wisdom towards those who oppose to gay marrige is, 'get over it you homophobic retards, its the twenty-first century already, a change is needed.

-reply by Channen

IF you actually look at history, every society accepted homosexuality. Every society fell because a bigger and stronger one came along. For instance there was alexander. He died and his generals fought each other for control and then you got the sassanids(persians) and the egyptians who accepted homosexuality  . The greek city- states freed themselves who also accepted homosexuality. The spartans actually promoted homosexuality for their training, yet they were the strongest fighting force of the acient times, hows that for being gay. Than came along the romans, but during the romans chritianity came along and then you got the opposition against homosexuality. 

So going back in history you see that homosexuality had nothing to do with a notions demise.

Let's assume the obvious, that straight sexuality is the normal orientation, because it's the obvious relationship that makes sense for breeding reasons plus it's just obvious from nature that males and females join together.So then, Homosexuality must be abnormal, or a "defect, which isn't meant to be taken as offensive, just a term for a deviation from the normal. Does that make a homosexual inhuman? Well, does it make someone born without an arm or leg a monster? I don't think so. In my opinion, it's the same thing. It's not normal to be gay, but don't crucify the person because of that. They're just trying to live with the body they're born with.It bothers me a bit to see men kissing or something, but I think it's the stigma associated with gay men being unacceptable. I think we just have to learn to accept them. It's funny that women kissing is not only acceptable but encouraged by men, but men kissing men is considered disgusting. Think about that for even just a second, and it becomes pretty clear we're being a little unfair to the gay men because we don't agree with their choices.Yeah I think the greeks apparently had completely homosexual units because fighting with their lover inspired them to fight harder, to protect the one you love, you know.

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

I think the wording of this sentence: "It's a choice you make, just like love, you choose to love someone." is interesting. I do not know many people who have fallen in love, who had a choice in the matter, gay or straight. You fall in love with who you fall in love with.

Addressing other comments..

Someone had mentioned something along the lines of homosexuality having nothing to do with love. I'm afraid I would have to argue that one, being that I have been in a same sex relationship for over 5 years and ta the... Sex plays no bigger role in our relationship than in a straight relationship. In my life I could not ask for a truer love.  It may come as a shock that our average day is no different than any straight couple's, making grocery lists, arguing over the remote, being silly, etc. I think anyone that says its all about sex knows very few gay people. Being gay was certainly no choice for me. I simply never developed any romantic feelings for anyone of the opposite sex, and goodness knows I tried. I dated many, many, many, wonderful people of the opposite sex, and yes even had sex with some of them.(please spare me the  "you just never had GOOD sex line", as some of the sex was VERY good) That said, I just was never able to develop any kind of romantic love for them. My heart was simply  not in it. I tried everything. Ignoring the homosexual feelings. Going to church every Sunday trying to pray the gay away, getting baptised, getting the preacher to try and rid me of the *person*-demon, and trying desperately to fall in love with someone of the opposite sex.

Homosexuality being right or wrong isnt the question. Would you rather I marry into a straight relationship, lying to both myself and my spouse about my feelings? Would those that claim homosexuality is a choice want a self denying gay married into THEIR family? To their daughter or son? To them? Why or why not? If the thought of those questions makes you angry, or sick, then your issue isnt with the gays at all, its with you. Asking a gay to be straight is like asking a straight to be gay.

For those that worry about gay people hitting on them, ask yourself this question. "Am I attracted to EVERY person of the opposite sex I meet?" Odds are the answer is no. What makes you think that a gay man is attracted to every man or a lesbian to every woman they meet?

I personally believe that people should take the time to research and understand ALL sides of an issue thoroughly before forming an opinion.

-reply by Thinker

I am disgusted this is still being debated.

"But the more you embrace homosexuality and morality lines become blurred, you lose hold of the fabrics that hold society together." -reply by Natural Selection - Social Scientist

I find that statement absolutely fundamentally both wrong and homophobic.

Surely violence, greed and critically INTOLERANCE are what are ripping apart the fabrics of society, not the gays.....you might as well blame Blacks,Islam, Judaism, the disabled at the same time!....etc.....

(Please Note: I have nothing against any of these groups, my message is one of social tolerance, and this includes religious tolerance and I do not even think race requires tolerance.)

Our humanity should allow us to tolerate, instead of spreading intolerance and hatred. We should celebrate our similarities and differences - not fight over them.

IMO homophobia is as morally unjustifiable as racism, sexism etc

NO! Is not OK! Who thinks it's OK go kill you self. I am against every stupidity like homos. (i am not against lesbians :( )

Lesbians ARE homosexuals, you ARE homophobic. And I'm NOT going to kill myself, and no I'm NOT gay... It's just stupid to be against homosexual men but not homosexual women. Your reply is just... stupid.

Those that are actually against homosexuality should at least have some kind of explanation, like religion or other stuff. And those people are against homosexuality in both genders, not only in one.

The only thing here showing signs of stupidity is your post.

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)