xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Replying to wakelimI believe that is is not something people are born with I feel it is merely a choice made by a person People cant help who they are attracted to I am personally a bi sexual and my boyfriend is too I have had girlfriends before and it feels just as natural to be with them as it does to be with a lad. My mum is a lesbian and she came out of the closet after 3 failed marriages and 2 kids she doesn't regret any of it and just feels that it took some time to realize who she truly is -reply by Alexiss

Homosexuality is wrong in SOOO many ways! :D For one) 2 Guys or 2 Girls were not made to fit together naturally. 2) They expect themselves to be treated normally and want rights and stuff, when they are breaking societies' and god's law. Not happening.3) They are an abomanation. They sicken me making love in public. I can see Mr. Steve and Mrs. June going into the guys bathroom and doing it, but Mr. Steve and Mr. Adam? :o ugh..NO!God made adam and eve my friends; not adam and steve

Homosexuality is wrong in SOOO many ways! :(
For one) 2 Guys or 2 Girls were not made to fit together naturally.
2) They expect themselves to be treated normally and want rights and stuff, when they are breaking societies' and god's law. Not happening.
3) They are an abomanation. They sicken me making love in public. I can see Mr. Steve and Mrs. June going into the guys bathroom and doing it, but Mr. Steve and Mr. Adam? :D ugh..NO!
God made adam and eve my friends; not adam and steve

It's people like you that make me sick. You don't have any kind of consideration of how they feel , how they love or any aspects. Do you think people would go through all the prejudice , shunning and social unacceptability by choice? Gays are PEOPLE. They live , eat , sleep. I don't get rights. They should have the same rights as anybody else. And for the not fitting together naturally , it's not about that ::o
God's law? Nothing says in the bible or anywhere else that homosexuality is a sin. Adam and eve were created to populate the earth , so How can you say god hated gays?
YOU are wrong , in so many ways my friend , by your prejudice , your uncaring , your uncanny ability to be the most ignorant person and the most arrogant person I know. I hope your views change in time , because right now I have utmost hate for you
:D

Replying to callummsI feel sorry for this guy! He's just ignorant! It's really sad that there are people like him in the world, people that think they are the best, superior! I don't hate him, I feel sorry for him!-reply by Ghost24

Just a quick post to throw out there. I respect everyone's beliefs and opinions, so do not take me as someone attempting to bash anything. I'm simply attempting to open a mind or two.

First of all, when this topic is brought up, the Bible is always used in defense. Particularly, the Leviticus verses. That being, said, let me throw this verse at you:

Leviticus 21:5 They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.

That's referring to priests. They may not shave their head, or shave the corner of their beard, or (essentially) cut themselves. The last part aside, don't you think that's a little....extreme. And I'm not sure about you, but I have had plenty of bald priests who shave their heads on a regular basis to hide their receeding hairline. But I don't see anyone holding up signs, saying they are going to burn in hell.
Or better yet"

Leviticus 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

So, basically...we should kill any child who who curses his/her mother or father. If we still followed this, there'd be millions of children dead. In fact, I think the last 150+ generations or so would have ceased to exist. Shouldn't we try at least, locking the child in his/her room, or grounding them or even spanking, before slitting their throats?

You can't just pick and choose what to believe out of the Bible, or use one verse in your defence, when there are countless others in that same chapter alone that we don't follow. Such as eating "things that swim in the ocean, and do not have scales". According to the Bible, aquatic specimens such as shrimp, crabs, lobster, etc, are a sin to eat. But, I don't see Fred Phelps standing outside of Red Lobster or Swiss Chalet, screaming at families that they are going to burn in hell for eternity. So why should I take Leviticus 20:13 any more seriously?

That aside, I'm a homosexual. I am in love with another man. And if being in love, and showing acceptance and open mindedness in such a hateful world is a crime I'll burn in hell for, then so be it. I still put forth good things. I have a family whom I love, I have friends who come to me for support, and I live as close to the Jesus-image, as I can. So, if all of my work towards being a good, productive, loving person is going to crap just because of something I do behind closed doors (which isn't anyone elses business, by the way), then why should I believe in such a hateful God, and live for him, when I won't be justly rewarded because I was being the person he created?

I don't. I live for me. I live for my friends. I live for the people I love. And I live to make this world a better place. Just because I am in love with another man does not make my work any less meaningful. So, if I'm going to burn in hell for that still, then this "all-forgiving" God, doesn't deserve my love. Besides; if God is a man...I'm not supposed to love other men. So, why should I love him?

People, think with your hearts. Not with what society, or what a book has taught you. Love is love. It knows no limits. Even in nature, homosexuality can be observed. If homosexuality truly is a choice (which it wasn't for me), then obviously humans aren't that different from animals. Because if it's so unnatural, animals need to have a conscience and free will to choose to be homosexual. But the fact that homosexuality is throughout the animal kingdom as a whole, should prove something. It is natural. Because so is love.

And if someone is going to deny love....if someone is going to deny open-mindedness...if someone is going to deny acceptance...... Then I think they are more of a sinner than any homosexual, witch, parental curser, or lobster eater combined.

Well my cousin is gay and he turned out all right and his boyfriend is a nice bloke. If anything he's just more fun at parties. I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Obviously the idea of well... you know (not kissing) isn't a pleasing one.I also have a good friend who is a lesbian and me and her get along quite well. Anything wrong? No. Still I don't wan't to try it.I see the women on women attraction more easy to understand but thats probably a man thing so never mind about that.The only problem is with religion but you can't pay too much attention to a book that was written before sexual ethics and understanding was developed so I feel if god does exist he will not dislike someone any more for being gay!

The only problem is with religion but you can't pay too much attention to a book that was written before sexual ethics and understanding was developed so I feel if god does exist he will not dislike someone any more for being gay!

Not trying to burst your bubble or anything, but in early times there were gay people. However they had to hide it with their lives. If they were caught they were heavily persecuted and put to death by stoning. In pre-colonial times these people were tried, most often lost, and were hanged. Today we saw an uprising in out coming "gays" because we are in a time where we can really understand each other and look into how the brain works.

A second thing to say is once these people started coming out they stopped coming out because of the new prejudice against them. Many people use the word gay instead of things like *darn*, *I didn't like that* and more.

However there is technically nothing wrong with being gay, but it is all about what you believe in. I believe soon the whole world will have to accept this and gay marriage will become legal.

Homosexuality is not "right" or "wrong". It just exists, like someone else said, even in animals. You see a lot of homosexuality in animals and even hermaphroditism, which means one animal is of both sexes.I honestly don't care whether someone is gay or not. It's just, you know, let them live like normal people.

Replying to wakelim I personally think it is right depending on the person and the amount of respect that they give to others about their situation. There is no point in trying to prove that homosexuality is right by rubbing the fact that you are gay in a person's face. However, this is not always the case. I have many gay friends and they are truly respectable people with very happy lives. Yes, they have their ups and downs but the view that comes across nowa days is that gays are trapped in an endless pit of misery and that being homosexual is some kind of disease.. Some may say that we are truly affected by the media and people are unsure if they are gay, this is said to be why we now have bisexuality.Id like to know why you think homosexuality is so wrong?

Homosexuality is not "right" or "wrong". It just exists, like someone else said, even in animals. You see a lot of homosexuality in animals and even hermaphroditism, which means one animal is of both sexes.
I honestly don't care whether someone is gay or not. It's just, you know, let them live like normal people.

That's exactly it! It really isn't anyones buisness. Let them live like any other human being

Homosexuality isn't a choice. It's the way you were born , the orientation that you've carried with you always. If somebody said they were trying to make a gayguy straight , then They'd have epic fail. It's like trying to make a lion go vegetarian , it ain't gonna happen any time soon. And the stuff about bodies not fitting naturally , that's a bit of rubbish. Of course you're body wouldn't be adapted , because by being born you automatically have the shape of the man/woman to reproduce with the man/woman. That covers it

I'm not homosexual myself , but I don't see where homophobes are coming from or why they say they break Gods and societies law. It doesn't say that anywhere.

Maybe you wouldn't Mr Adam or Mr steve "doing it" in a public bathroom , but I wouldn't have problem if I saw a gay couple in public , and nobody else should have =]