xisto Community
ckuehner

First Computer You Ever Owned What was the first personal computer tha

This brings back some nice memories. My first computer was Intel 2xx Mhz (can't rember exactly) with 32MB RAM and a nVIDIA Riva TNT (8MB). That were great days...And speeching of old computers I can tell you that recently I have been blessed to see and work on a computer with a 66mhz Intel CPU, 8MB RAM and a 800MB HDD, running Windows 95 (quite smoothly if you ask me)! They don't do thing like they used to... Everything they do today has a 2 year lifespan. They don't design computer parts as they used to... to have a 5 year life span... they only think about making more and more money!

i really can't remember the the specs of the pc, but all i can remember was that it got infected by a devil virus (a face of the devil appears on the screen and infects the system) that totally freaked me out. i was YOUNGER back then, like i was still in early gradeschool or something and the only thing i do on that pc was to play a fighter plane game using an outdated 5 and 1/4 diskette.

Apple IIe HA! Beat that! :(

well my first computer i ever owned was the atari 400, yup you got it...from there that's when i first learn about assembly language and playing games of from like a tape recorder, lol..damn i remember it took about 15 minutes just to load up the picture and graphics...i only had for 1 year though then i had the apple ]['c.....I was amazed back then...

My first computer was an AST 286AT Premium Exec with 8mb ram, Trident 2mb video card, 30mb harddrive, monotone monitor and naturally no sound card. It ran Windows 3.1, and later 3.11 :(

I just can't recall. I had an Atari, wich was really good, worked fine for everything, only it had an accident. Anyway, my second one was an Acer, Intel 386, 16KB of RAM, I believe... Je. Still works really fine and is fast enough, ran Win 1.something. I'm sure that the power regulator did the trick about endurance, I have an HP Pavilion, kinda old, but also works fine, and them both are plugged to a regulator. :(

The first computer I ever had was Windows 98 that was used. It kept having an error where it didn't "show up" on the monitor and we kept having to call this guy to fix it. We called him so much that we decided to just go out and buy a new one so we didn't have to call the repair person over and over.Moral of the story is: Don't buy used computers!

I can't believe how many people here are listing a pentium or windows system as their first computer. Pentiums can still run modern programs and windows isn't that far back!When I think old computers, I think about those that had laughable specs... My first computer was the TI-99 (texas instrument). 16kb ram, 3.3mhz. 16kb video. I paid more compared to the timex the OP had mentioned.after that, i got VIC 20 and a Commodore 64. The C64 was a revolution in computing. It had 64kb ram! many games were made for it on cartridge and on disk/tape. I had the tape drive, couldn't afford the disk drive. It literally took minutes to load a program or game.

hah the first computer i ever owned was a really slow **bottom** macintosh...it was ridiculously slow...espeically loading it up when i turned on the computer would take like 30 mins lol...i even i actually had an internet...not sure it wus dial up of course so that was interesting...it wus so slow i didnt bother lookin up any websites lol...the only thing it did good was that i was actaully able to at least talk to people and thats all i basically did...twas pretty whack back then

XD it was a 98 HP, with a replaced 40 gig HD and a pentium 2. It was crappy, how ever it did good for my gaming. It survived many beatings and attempted hacks, but it took a rouge virus that finaly fried the mother board. Sad times it was...

i think so my first computer was FROM ANCIENT TIMES... :lol: and having the Bored windows 98.i hate my that combination :lol: so i get rid my my first computer.and get the new branded PC and install Windows XP...

My first was an IBM with 3 gig hard drive and flopy disk. It was given to me by a friend that was upgrading his business computers. I added a cd drive, sound card and ...oh...I forget....whats that thing you used before cable internet...oh yea...a modem. I don't know if he did me a favor or not, I've been hooked ever sense.

I was actually quite old before I got my first computer. I was probably about 12 years old and I remember desperatley wanting one. Mine was an old e-machine 400mhz with 32mb ram, and a 1.5 gig harddrive. My uncle made it for me when I visited his house that christmas. It had windows 2000 installed, but with that amount of ram it was virtually impossible to do anything. The first thing I did was mess around with dos. Yeah..I was bored. And I played good ole' Microsoft pinball and made very strange drawings in paint. Today its upgraded to I think 196mb ram, and it's used as a host for LAN games. But gotta love the good ole' memories <_<

I'm so young ~_~ The first computer in my house that I was ever allowed to touch was a windows 95. I think I was either in kindergarten or the beginning of first grade... so about 5 or 6 years old. It had something like <=64 MB of RAM, with almost a 4 gigabyte hard drive. It had a 4x cdrom drive. I don't remember what processor it had, probably a Pentium II of some sort. It was a fricken slow piece of crap, but I regret that my parents threw it out. I wasn't as savvy when it was thrown out as I am now, but it could have come in handy for a poor little 14 year old like me <_<

Edited by matto (see edit history)